• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Press are receiving their Nintendo Switch units.

Tunoku

Man, the neon has really grown on me, but I don't like it quite enough to the point where I'm actively regretting preordering the grey variant.

For a company like Nintendo who seems so interested in doing their own thing, and sending out their messages via their own youtube account lately; they sure do love the press still. It just always seems like Nintendo sends new hardware to press way before any other consoles usually do. They get stuff weeks ahead of time, and when the launch day finally comes, and the NDA is over, all the enthusiasm of the press I follow seems to already be deflated and over.

TLDR; I think the press gets new hardware too early, and it doesn't help their coverage.

Hi everyone! To clarify, we are NOT receiving our Switch review units just yet. Nintendo is just in the building for some meetings and such. Soon, though! Thanks!

phanphare

Banned
Hi everyone! To clarify, we are NOT receiving our Switch review units just yet. Nintendo is just in the building for some meetings and such. Soon, though! Thanks!

brap brap my good man

at least you still have that totally comfy looking wu tang controller to fiddle around with

Lgndryhr

Seems people were right about media getting their Switch's this week. I figured it would be at least another week. Curious if any of the network stuff is working for them such as eShop.

neon.jpg

I'm fine with the grey. I'm fine with the grey.

But I'll definitely buy the neon if I pick up a spare set of joycons.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'll get grey whenever I take the plunge as I dislike electronics in colors other than black, gray or silver.

Dont even wanna look at one because i cant buy it til after my trip a few months from now. Had one pre ordered but cancelled it to buy a 4k tv. I know, the definition of first world problems. Zelda spoilers will be tough to avoid

I believe Nintendo typically releases embargoes 1 week before a game releases. So, I'd expect Zelda copies to be distributed with the Switch and reviews up next Friday.

That would give them only one week to play and write their review, assuming it went out tomorrow, so I doubt it. Probably going to be closer to launch day or 1/2 days prior.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The neon will look cool for like a week, but I'd rather not be distracted by those colors. I have a feeling grey will be the way to go.

piflavoredpie

Neo Member
The neon will look cool for like a week, but I'd rather not be distracted by those colors. I have a feeling grey will be the way to go.

I don't think either neon colors work well with the base system gray when the joy-cons are attached. When detached, it's whatever, cuz at that point, they're just like mini-wiimotes and those could be plenty of colors and weren't juxtaposed next to the system.

Top Bottom