• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Press are receiving their Nintendo Switch units.

That's not the same as buying a Neon Switch. You'd have to buy the red set and the blue set, which is $160 in controllers, to replicate the Neon Switch.

IIRC both Blue Left/Red Right and Red Left/Blue Right bundles are available. I don't think you need to buy both sets.

edit: looks like I'm mistaken

reverse-400sw7yu27yu5.gif

plank

I don't know if this has been said already, but the neon color joycons look really good with the Switch.

SirShandy

Okay zelda guys... get on that version number! Is that the same as the preview event build number?

I noticed that.

Version .12S (as in the photo) was the demo version that the press played. Version 1.00 was the one they played on the Treehouse stream, and supposedly the final version.

gogojira

Saw the Neon in the first pick and instantly regretted grey. Saw the grey in new pics IGN posted, now I'm happy I went grey, lol. I love the device either way.

Xdrive05

I noticed that.

Version .12S (as in the photo) was the demo version that the press played. Version 1.00 was the one they played on the Treehouse stream, and supposedly the final version.

That seems like a decently safe bet, however the game didn't go gold until just very recently. So the retail version could be newer than 1.0. Or the Treehouse 1.0 could have just taken that long to get through certification and get to be gold. Whatever the case, 12S is not retail.

Banned
It's such a sleek and sexy device. Especially in neon. Praying Amazon Canada fucks up and sends me my order by mistake like they did hiphoprobot lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I love my 3DS....but after Switch is out it will be hard to go back.

The Adder

Banned
This is genuinely your concern. That the colours left-right are swapped. *sigh*

I... Actually kind of get that. Was gonna do that with my grey Joy-Cons, but yeah, something about red on the left doesn't look right in my head. For some reason it feels lopsided.

Not that I'd make a big deal out of it.

komorebi

I'm sorry if this is common knowledge but does anyone know if the screen is gorilla glass or something? Basically how necessary would a screen protector be compared to the 3DS and Wii U?

b3b0p

I'm not getting a Switch because my backlog is huge and I want to tackle it starting this year, but this is the first time I've been excited for a console since the Gamecube or N64. I can't wait for listen to impressions. When and if they can? Anyone know?

Plum

Same here. I like the red, but not a fan of blue. Will buy a second set of joycon's down the road in red. For now, the gray joycon's and a pro controller will do.

Exactly my opinion. Shame pure-red Joy-Cons aren't available here in Britain because I'd be getting those for sure. The Neon does look better but the asymettry would just get on my nerves after a while I think.

Fliesen

I'm fine with the grey. I'm fine with the grey.

But I'll definitely buy the neon if I pick up a spare set of joycons.

Don't worry, once your Switch spends most of the time docked (due to a slow trickle of games coming out, i.e. from April onwards), you'll appreciate it having a more understated look.

Neon Switch looks GREAT in portable mode. grey looks better as a console or while charging, imho.

Effect

So close!! It's almost the day! Now I need to figure out what time UPS usually delivers so I can decide if I'm going to take all of the 3rd off or just the afternoon.

evanmisha

Don't worry, once your Switch spends most of the time docked (due to a slow trickle of games coming out, i.e. from April onwards), you'll appreciate it having a more understated look.

Neon Switch looks GREAT in portable mode. grey looks better as a console or while charging, imho.

Can't you just take the joycons out while it charges then, and store them? Then it looks understated no matter what color joycons you have.

chrono01

Looking slick. Kind of regret not pre ordering the Neon at BB. Going to try and get one day one
Individually, I love the colors. If I'm to cover the left side, look at the console, and then cover the right side and do the same, it's perfect. However, I just can't get over the mismatch of colors. I get that some people enjoy that sort of thing, and it does make it look unique (?), but I'd prefer a single color for the joy-con.

So yeah, I don't regret my pre-order for the gray version, but I do wish they had decided to go with neon blue or neon red (and not a combination of the two) as the color option.

Man I feel like the only one who is glad I got the grey instead of neon. The neon colors are gorgeous but I don't like having just one of each, it looks kinda gross to me.

Definitely gonna buy a pair of blue Joycons though.

I am super glad I went with gray too. I just don't like something that is so flashy ams draws so much attention. I'm also happy that Nintendo finally went with a design that doesn't look like a toy and I want to support that decision.

One thing i just realised. The Neon colors are the 1, 2 switch edition (see logo) so I am thinking they might release other colors when other important games launch to go with them, like in the great mock up below.

H2x1_NSwitch_12Switch.jpg

C3c5rfaUoAAp0mO.jpg

Top Bottom