• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Press are receiving their Nintendo Switch units.

Man I feel like the only one who is glad I got the grey instead of neon. The neon colors are gorgeous but I don't like having just one of each, it looks kinda gross to me.

Definitely gonna buy a pair of blue Joycons though.

Protome

Just cancelled my Grey preorder and preordered a Neon one instead.

Have GB said if they're doing a launch day stream like they did with PS4/Xbox One and the VR headsets? There's not exactly a strong lineup for it but I still always enjoy those streams.

This is genuinely your concern. That the colours left-right are swapped. *sigh*

I mean, that's even better because then you'd be able to swap it out with a Neon Switch for an all-red or all-blue unit.

Saying buying that gives you the same thing is wrong. Clearly if someone like's the unsymmetrical color look, then the order of colors could also matter.

I actually think it's great that the stand alone set Nintendo is releasing compliments it so you get a complete set of Red and Blue, but saying it's the same is not true. To replicate the Neon Switch system, you need to buy a set of Red and a set of Blue.

OCD Guy

Man I feel like the only one who is glad I got the grey instead of neon. The neon colors are gorgeous but I don't like having just one of each, it looks kinda gross to me.

Nah you're doing the right thing. It would be different if the switch unit itself was colored.

Besides it's inevitable that there will be a crap load of colours they release, probably some even nicer than neon lol

EDarkness

Neon looks cool, but I'm glad I have the gray pre-ordered. I just like that look better. I'll be in for black or dark blue if they end up releasing those colors later.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I also ordered a grey one because I plan to use it as a portable quite a lot and while the neon is funky the grey one is much slicker and looking as a cool gadget.

El Sabroso

I hope PowerA releases their grip in blue as well so I can have a full red Joycon controller and a full blue Joycon controller.

307682_440x350.jpg

damn, that looks sick, I always liked the red consoles from Nintendo, but they want to milk me some money with accessories

Yeah... was kinda expecting this today and tomorrow. Excited to hear people's impressions of the UI since, ya know, Nintendo oddly refuses to talk about it.

No, you can't. You need to buy the red set and the blue set to do so.

Edit:

Here, look, you'll see why you can't buy that and replicate it.

I mean damn. I know the colors are reversed, but it's still a neon switch lol. It seems silly to say you can't completely. It's not exactly the same, but aesthetically, it's very similar.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I also ordered a grey one because I plan to use it as a portable quite a lot and while the neon is funky the get one is much slicker and looking as a cool gadget.
My initial thought exactly, that's why I went for grey. But I preordered an additional neon joy-cons set, so I'll switch when I want :)

icespide

Banned
Saying buying that gives you the same thing is wrong. Clearly if someone like's the unsymmetrical color look, then the order of colors could also matter.

I actually think it's great that the stand alone set Nintendo is releasing compliments it so you get a complete set of Red and Blue, but saying it's the same is not true. To replicate the Neon Switch system, you need to buy a set of Red and a set of Blue.

on the bright side, if people end up buying red sets and blue sets to match the neon switch, there might be a decent reseller market for folks with neon switches that want the matching versions of joy cons that the poor gray switch people no longer need.

I also ordered a grey one because I plan to use it as a portable quite a lot and while the neon is funky the get one is much slicker and looking as a cool gadget.

Yeah that's my reasoning too. An all blue one though will match my house's decor wonderfully. I think Best Buy is selling full blue or full red pairs.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm surprised red and blue is what they went with though. Red and white seems more fitting considering the Switch logo. (Though I guess no wants to see the white side get dirty lol)

But yes, you'd think they'd do a Zelda/BoTW theme instead of these two presumably random colors.

Protome

I take it the Neon preorders are sold out in the US?
UK retailers got more allocations last week and still seem to have lots left.

Got to unsubscribe from some channels to avoid potential BotW spoilers.

Dear god, the 2 week long wait, end it already

Seems pretty small from all the comparison shots I've seen.

I'm concerned about the tiny joy-con buttons, but everyone who tries the system says the joy-cons feel great.

The button size looks like they're the same or very slightly smaller size than the N3DS XL and Steam Controller's face buttons.

The switch really is small, the marketing material makes it look much bigger than it is. It's why I think the people saying it's too large to replace the 3DS aren't seeing the full picture.

Cannot fucking WAIT for mine.

Neon looks like it would be distracting having those bright things right next to the screen.

Also switch is pretty awesome fitting all that tech into that tiny package

Figured this was happening this week, good to see! I hope video coverage isn't embargoed for too long, I need a nice Giantbomb launch lineup livestream.

RockmanBN

Got to unsubscribe from some channels to avoid potential BotW spoilers.

Dear god, the 2 week long wait, end it already

The button size looks like they're the same or very slightly smaller size than the N3DS XL and Steam Controller's face buttons.

Better delete your Youtube history as well so recommended videos don't ruin it.

Top Bottom