• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSN Card Sighting Thread

tha_con

Banned
King_Slender said:
Anyone know if they have these at EB/Gamestop yet and if you can use gift cards to buy them? I'd like to convert my gift cards to PSN credit, but I know that some stores, like my local CVS, will not allow you to use a store gift card to buy a gift card for another store.

EB/Gamestop will not get them, probably ever, because they are activate at the register, and as far as I know, the majority o the stores do not have the appropriate capability to do that. You'll probably see these in Best Buy's, possibly Wal-Marts, but even then, who knows how long it will take.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
tha_con said:
EB/Gamestop will not get them, probably ever, because they are activate at the register, and as far as I know, the majority o the stores do not have the appropriate capability to do that. You'll probably see these in Best Buy's, possibly Wal-Marts, but even then, who knows how long it will take.

They're getting an update early next year for them.

Kittonwy

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Checked my local BlockBuster. Nothing. :(

Ur blockbuster SUX!
angry.gif

of all the times to lose my credit card... I have to lose it on the eve of WipEout.
Ugh..

So, a question about the PSN cards:
Since Wipeout is 19.99, will a $20 card be sufficient or will the tax on the Store drive it over $20, thus forcing me to buy a $50 instead?

Redd

Revolutionary said:
of all the times to lose my credit card... I have to lose of on the eve of WipEout.
Ugh..

So, a question about the PSN cards:
Since Wipeout is 19.99, will a $20 card be sufficient or will the tax on the Store drive it over $20, thus forcing me to buy a $50 instead?

They don't tax you on PSN. At least they've never taxed me.

Speevy

Banned
When they release these in Europe, I will gladly overpay someone for one.

No one has taken me up on my offer to purchase something from a European account I've created, even though I'd gladly pay them back.

And trust me, when I say I'll pay you back, I mean it.

Redd said:
They don't tax you on PSN. At least they've never taxed me.
are you certain? I'm pretty sure i've seen tax added to some (if not all) of my game purchases on the Store (NYC here, if that matters lol).

kuYuri

Revolutionary said:
are you certain? I'm pretty sure i've seen tax added to some (if not all) of my game purchases on the Store (NYC here, if that matters lol).

Yeah, NY here as well and we definitely get taxed on PSN purchases.

DrPirate

Banned
Revolutionary said:

I've been taxed. Ontario here.

Redd

LOL well I feel sorry for you guys. I paid 14.99 for QFB and 1.99 for Kratos in HSG and only paid 16.98. Was not taxed in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Struct09

Blockbuster here in Bellevue, WA was stacked with $20 and $50 PSN cards. Don't ask me to get one for you because I won't, just letting people know ;)

Redd

Wow sorry to hear that. Anyway you can register your PSN account for another state so you dont get taxed?

Meier

I keep looking at 7/11's after hearing they sell them..never seen one still.

Re: tax, I have been taxed and untaxed.

____

I just checked, and I don't get charged tax on PSN downloads.

Oh, and they have PSN cards at the BlockBuster here in Albany, GA.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bearcatjosh said:
No cards anywhere near me. Gamestop is supposed to get them at some point, right?
Their system is antiquated, so not until they get a new system after the holidays. Weirdly, they were one of the first targeted places, they just dont have the infrastructure.

DustoMan

Banned
I mentioned this on one of the other PSN card threads, but I saw two $20 cards at the AAFES inside the PX of the post I work on. Tax free FTW!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My friend who works at the Best Buy said PSN cards are coming there next month (October). Rumor for it is also on slowtaku.

AranhaHunter said:
I hope Florida doesn't get taxed, I'm buying my first game off the store soon (Wipeout of course).
Florida does not get taxed. Friends of mine from there do not.
Meier said:
I keep looking at 7/11's after hearing they sell them..never seen one still.

Re: tax, I have been taxed and untaxed.
The Official PS Site removed them:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/pscard

Only says RiteAid and Blockbuster.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/913/913867p1.html

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is expanding the availability of the popular PlayStation Network Cards to additional major retailers nationwide this holiday season. The PlayStation Network Cards, which can be used to purchase content for PlayStation 3(PS3) and PSP (PlayStation Portable) systems, will be available at Walmart, Best Buy, select Sam's Club outlets in October 2008, and at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores locations in November 2008.

Cool. :)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
My friends Best Buy just got the PSN cards in stock - they are in the system and ring up fine. Obviously your local stores may vary with shipments and getting them out on the floor.

Beatbox said:
My friends Best Buy just got the PSN cards in stock - they are in the system and ring up fine. Obviously your local stores may vary with shipments and getting them out on the floor.
nice. I'll have to check mine tomorrow.

kuYuri

I checked my local Best Buy and they finally got these in stock.

Any Europeans, Australians, etc... if you have PayPal, if you send me the appropriate amount, I'd be willing to buy them for you and PM you the code.

I'm thinking about making a separate thread for this.

ice cream

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
I checked my local Best Buy and they finally got these in stock.

Any Europeans, Australians, etc... if you have PayPal, if you send me the appropriate amount, I'd be willing to buy them for you and PM you the code.

I'm thinking about making a separate thread for this.
As in if I want $30 I need to give you £16 right? Or are you saying you want more as a little extra (because you are taking your time to buy these)?

Top Bottom