• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSN Card Sighting Thread

kuYuri

ice cream said:
As in if I want $30 I need to give you £16 right? Or are you saying you want more as a little extra (because you are taking your time to buy these)?

Nah, I'm not asking for extra at all, but a little donation is always appreciated. :D

They only sell cards in denominations of $20 and $50, so keep that in mind. They also charge tax on the cards where I live here, so you will have to provide the tax amount as well, I'll let you know what that amount is if you PM me. Otherwise, as I mentioned already, I'm not asking for any extra at all, this is me helping out the community. Again, if you want to donate, I won't stop you. :D

man, wtf. I bought a $50 card at Blockbuster and paid tax. I bought some Rock Band tracks and Puzzle Quest and paid tax. What kind of bullshit is this? I thought tax was built into the cards?

kuYuri

OldJadedGamer said:
Bought one today. How much for a $20 card? $21.69. Charging tax on these cards FTL.

It's not that they charge tax for the cards, but for people in states who get taxed on the card AND on the PS Store.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Saw some at Best Buy right before the cash register. There is always 2 things that are certain in life,

1. Death
  2. and Taxes

Strider2K99 said:
It's not that they charge tax for the cards, but for people in states who get taxed on the card AND on the PS Store.

Wait... I haven't bought anything from the online store yet and you're telling me I get charged tax there?????? This can't be true.

edit: I found a list of the states that charge tax on PSN items. Really lame for people who buy a $20 card wanting to buy Wipeout for $19.99. They will have to pay an extra $5 bucks into their wallets just to cover tax... ouch.

Here are the states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Washington, or Washington DC

Fatghost said:
When are these cards coming out in Canada?

Anyone know?
They are not in Canada yet, mostly because of varying currency (PSN Cards are in USD). Like I said before, it's partially why Europe doesn't have them yet (due to being divided between GBP and Euro).

They are at most stores in the U.S., including GameStop now, Circuit City, Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Meijer, Blockbuster, etc.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wii Will Rock U said:
I live in Chicago, and I've seen them at both Best Buy and Gamestop.
I've started to see them at Gamestop, too. My local Best Buys had them for a couple of months, now.

Boulayman

Fatghost said:
When are these cards coming out in Canada?

Anyone know?

Yeah, I haven't seen them either. I asked a manager at FS about them a few months ago and he told me they wouldbe coming out in November/december at teh latest. Obviously he was wrong, I guess we'll see them in late Jan or Feb :(

Mau ®

Yeah they're on some major stores now, like BB and Target, they're on gamestop too it seems although my local one was sold out.

Thank God they're out, some many good stuff on PSN!

ianp622

I told my brother to get me one if he doesn't get any ideas for a present for me for Christmas, because there are a bunch of things I would buy on PSN if I had to buy something there, but I kind of feel bad spending money on really small things otherwise.

I'm not sure that makes sense.

BTW, I also have a credit card so that's not a factor.

Top Bottom