• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The report button...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

Banned
That isn't how forums work. You are supposed to use the report button for every minor grief you have with someone. They say something you don't like? Report. They say something that you dont' agree with? Report. They just someone you don't like? Report.

(Please don't actually do that, this was all sarcasm)

Oh here I thought I was supposed to smash it as much as I can, and if the mods don’t act fast enough smash it some more.

How else is anyone going to beat thelastword thelastword score of 30 in a few hours?

I think the mods would tell you they'd prefer things to get reported rather than being expected to patrol the forum 24/7.

For example: duplicate threads, or threads in the wrong category. Just report those.

TBH I didn’t even think about using it that way. I have literally only used it to get my own thread titles changed and to report 2 posts that I felt were ban worthy.

I suspect, (actually I’m very sure,) that it has been used by other people on me much, much more than that.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
You mean redneckerz?
Well he can’t he doesn’t have a report button. 🤣

I suppose I’ll get reported since I accidentally gendered all the people that use the report button.

I should have said there’s always that one person.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Well he can’t he doesn’t have a report button. 🤣

I suppose I’ll get reported since I accidentally gendered all the people that use the report button.

I should have said there’s always that one person.
Reported.

I don't think I've ever used a report button to report anything. Ever.

I mean, why would I? Too damned apathetic.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I get it, I was being humanist. I can’t assume all beings using the report button are human. Some of them may identify as felines, or canines.

That was very insensitive of me.

I deserved it.
I find it interesting that you use felines as an example, when you yourself obviously identify as a mouse because your avatar is mice.

In my analysis, you want cats to be more nice to you but you know that will never happen so you’re plotting to take over the world with other mice.

Too bad I just foiled your plot.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I find it interesting that you use felines as an example, when you yourself obviously identify as a mouse because your avatar is mice.

In my analysis, you want cats to be more nice to you but you know that will never happen so you’re plotting to take over the world with other mice.

Too bad I just foiled your plot.
You foiled today's plot.
But tomorrow....

It is common practice to remove the user's report feature if they abuse it. Looks like you may have been abusin' it. Also why create a thread about it and not post in MetaGaf or message a mod directly? Seems like a completely needless thing to do.

So you ever not post something condescending? Your ego amazes me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So you ever not post something condescending? Your ego amazes me.

It wasn't condescending. It was a possible answer as to why Red lost his report function followed by a simple question that was answered. You should stop reading into things to be offended.

Also, didn't you say you had me blocked/ignored during your temper tantrum earlier this year? Or did you decide to "cull" your 70+ long list? Either way, this was a childish call out and you could have done far better, Jare.

Shifty

He-also-best-physical-comedy-like-slap-fight-Jess.jpg

Whitesnake

Banned
I don’t understand how some people can be so report-/block-happy.

On any website, I don’t block people, and I only report on very rare occassions.

Even if people are being assholes or breaking superficial rules, the idea of making other people’s words invisible defeats the purpose of being on a forum imo.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

Redneckerz Redneckerz , you gonna take that?

:p

I haven’t seen a post from him in a few days, maybe he’s taking a break.

I’m not sure if I expect a super long winded post in this thread when he does come back, or if he will stay true to his word and not post here again.

He’s taken a lot of shots from people in this thread (myself included) and I hope he knows that we (or at least I) are doing it in fun and not at his expense.

Winter John

Gold Member
I’d go gold to see anonymised reports about me.

You know what, it wouldn't be a bad idea if reports were public. It would instantly stop a lot of bullshit if people could see how many times a user has used the report function on their profile.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
You know what, it wouldn't be a bad idea if reports were public. It would instantly stop a lot of bullshit if people could see how many times a user has used the report function on their profile.
Reported.

Tesseract

Banned
meh, the only things i'll report are against north american law

i'm arrogant like that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom