• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Scribblenauts Avatars' Thread-The artists have left the building

Just wondering what program the artists are using to make these, as I'd like to join in and complete some requests in my spare time. I'm thinking photoshop or illustrator? Is there a template or tutorial out there...?

Thanks ahead of time.

Dante23

Ok, I've been waiting a kind soul to post a tutorial or template (that was my request! :lol) but no one appeared, so I gave it a shot, it's in gaf format so a little bit got cropped.

I used Divvy's Lighting as a template (thanks for that, hope you don't mind), I'd do a tutorial but the way I did it was way too complicated to put everyone here to edit heavily that image, with a naked template would be much easier (I'm bad at drawing so doing it myself it's a no no).

Here is it, Lime from Saber Marionette J:

5exzsw.png

What do you think guys?

PD: Comparative image:

http://www.luiscordero.com/saber_marionette/lima/lima.jpg

HUELEN10

And an hour before the deadline to boot! Anyways, I will now start uploading the files for this expandable gallery and request database. Sorry it took so long! (Uploading might take a bit though, the broadband's fucked and I am running at near dial-up speeds!)

Red Scarlet

C_V said:
Started work on Aeana's Slime Knight during lunch. Ran out of time by the time I started working on the knight, but I managed to finish the slime. So I used that to make a Slime and Red Slime avatar for now, if anyone wants to use those. I'll finish the Slime Knight after I get back from work.

Scribble Slime
scribbleslime.png

Scribble Red Slime
scribbleredslime.png

Slime Knight's slime is usually green, if that matters.
Aeana said I can snag the red slime, but since you made it...

parasight

Still waiting for my Hendrix request (from way back in the old thread; also mentioned a few pages ago here in a list of requests). Would be greatly appreciated. Please and thanks :D

PS: Also a PM would be great if anyone ever gets it done.

Aeana

C_V said:
Started work on Aeana's Slime Knight during lunch. Ran out of time by the time I started working on the knight, but I managed to finish the slime. So I used that to make a Slime and Red Slime avatar for now, if anyone wants to use those. I'll finish the Slime Knight after I get back from work.

Scribble Slime
scribbleslime.png

Scribble Red Slime
scribbleredslime.png
Oh my gosh, these are so cute. I can't wait to see the slime knight!

Eric WK

LovingSteam said:
I would love to request Larry David from Curb Your Enthsiasm if it hasn't already been taken.

Shit, just came to ask for this. :lol

Now I need to think of someone else.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
May as well join the queue. :lol

Request for Captain Murphy from Sealab 2021.

Here's him in a really weird pose that is the only full body picture I could find in his regular suit -

oh24xv.jpg

Here's the facial expression and angle he has 90% of the time and that I would prefer to be on it -

29mrjgl.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I was gonna request one but I thought better of it when I saw the waiting list. Holy Sheez. Did one myself, pretty happy with it.

edit: bigger version for Huelen's catalog
eyeshield21big.png

It's Sena Kobayakawa from Eyeshield 21.

HUELEN10

MainBanner.png

Ridleyscribblebanner.png

spacepirateridley.png

MetroidKiller.png

Kilroy.png

Justmaya.png

WiiWillRockU.png

MacJoe.png

Be a bit before it is all up to date, my internet is sucking HARD. Every request and artist will be credited, and archive paks will be made and updated for you to enjoy!

pulga

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Be a bit before it is all up to date, my internet is sucking HARD. Every request and artist will be credited, and archive paks will be made and updated for you to enjoy!

shit, youre gonna be at this for a loooooooong time

HUELEN10

pulga said:
shit, youre gonna be at this for a loooooooong time
Well, the cable company said the speed should be back to normal by tomorrow, so there is no reason why the gallery can't be fully updated by then! Again, I apologize for the slow updates, but it is not in my control.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
That MadWorld one is so money.

Jack Cayman and Travis Touchdown are such great new gaming characters :D

pulga

Banned
John Harker said:
That MadWorld one is so money.

Jack Cayman and Travis Touchdown are such great new gaming characters :D

You want it? I just nabbed it since it was one of the firsts to come out. I'm sad without a Beatles avatar, so I'm waiting for someone to fulfill my request and deliver the moptops.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I was thinking of requesting Sealab 2021 avatar, and what do I see on the last page? :lol

Anyways, I'll be going with Quinn. If you guys could be so kind:

2nunay0.png

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Woah! Love what you're doing Huelen! It motivates me to do more.. (as soon as I have time!)

Nice work :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't mind the long wait, but it'd be awesome if someone can Scribblenaut my avatar.

9la1zs.jpg

Edit:

I'm editing this post so that it shows my reference pictures since the list of awaiting avatars to be made has my name linked to this post:

ibxjeh.jpg

34tanmu.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Didn't have much time today, so here's some simple ones that are up for grabs:

o58602.png
125gj2p.png
5x7vjp.png
11si36c.png
4vh2l5.png

Back to requests tomorrow!

Hero

You guys are awesome, can't wait for the game.

If you guys could, I'd really appreciate Lenneth Valkyrie from Valkyrie Profile. Don't think she's been requested yet.

Some reference pictures:

art-valkyrie1.jpg

valkyrie-profile-covenant-plume-lenneth-art.jpg

valkyrie-profile-lenneth-20060508042945589.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wasn't going to do a template since I don't really use one. But since people have been asking, here's one I whipped up:

httvep.png

Blizzard

Banned
pulga said:
You want it? I just nabbed it since it was one of the firsts to come out. I'm sad without a Beatles avatar, so I'm waiting for someone to fulfill my request and deliver the moptops.
Just a warning, your avatar is too tall. You should use the GIMP or something to resize to 90x120 (you can increase the canvas size after matching the height so your image is wide enough without being too tall).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Yo lo estoy, la cuestión es... ¿lo estás tú? ;)

166gnbq.jpg

HUELEN10 said:

Don Ramón is from El Chavo del Ocho, by the way.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dechaios said:
Hey gahs how does mine look? :D
Why in the fucking fuck would you make Movie Starscream over Animated Starscream? That's like making a Jake Lloyd avatar over a Darth Vader one.

DarkKyo

Shig said:
Why in the fucking fuck would you make Movie Starscream over Animated Starscream? That's like making a Jake Lloyd avatar over a Darth Vader one.
I prefer his design in the movie much more, he looks a lot more sinister.

pulga

Banned
Blizzard said:
Just a warning, your avatar is too tall. You should use the GIMP or something to resize to 90x120 (you can increase the canvas size after matching the height so your image is wide enough without being too tall).

Thanks for the warning, but I'm going back to the Beatles since I think I won't get them Scribblefied if I hold onto Jack. Anyone want him? John Harker?

ojdlpv.png

Top Bottom