• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The set up for the next Dragon Age is pretty awesome. Inquisition/Trespasser SPOILERS

TheYanger

Do you think cutting the arm was enough to stop the effects of the Anchor?

Maybe they forgot it, but if it was that easy Solas would have mentioned it. So It could just delay the death of Inquisitor

It's been a while since I played it (game at release, dlc at that release) but I feel like Trespasser had a recurring theme of "Cutting your arm off should fix this" and it was mostly a matter of wanting to resolve the current situation before resorting to that. Again, could be wrong, but I'm almost positive they mentioned it a few times just to reinforce that that was likely to happen as a 'fix'

Yeul

Maybe they forgot it, but if it was that easy Solas would have mentioned it. So It could just delay the death of Inquisitor

"Bringing you here gave me a chance to save you, at least for now." The mark was meant for Solas and because it came from his orb, only he could have used the Anchor without the consequence of death. However, by taking their arm he saves them from a death caused by the Anchor. The "for now" bit refers to his plans for the world. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on Patrick Weekes's Twitter that he confirmed removing their arm/the Anchor saves their life.

Ralemont

not me

Solas's line is pretty ambiguous (something about easing the short time the Inquisitor has left) but I took it to mean he expects the Inquisitor to die along with everyone else when Solas tears down the Veil.

It's been a while since I played it (game at release, dlc at that release) but I feel like Trespasser had a recurring theme of "Cutting your arm off should fix this" and it was mostly a matter of wanting to resolve the current situation before resorting to that. Again, could be wrong, but I'm almost positive they mentioned it a few times just to reinforce that that was likely to happen as a 'fix'
Would make sense, cut off the arm to stave the infection.

Man the only reason I want to continue on as the Inquisitor is because mine romanced Solas. That and I fear that the Inquisitor might not be featured much in the next game.

Kalentan

So I'm working my way through my second play through as an Elf to see the changes in the DLC. But my one question is... What is the DLC like if you're a Qunari? Do they react differently since they get involved?

So I'm working my way through my second play through as an Elf to see the changes in the DLC. But my one question is... What is the DLC like if you're a Qunari? Do they react differently since they get involved?
No, don't think so... I checked the one main conversation you have with the Qunari leader in Trespasser in this scene and there's no real reference to you being qunari or Tal-vasoth. Neither in the scene where she tries to turn Iron Bull. Iron Bull makes specific references to the Inquisitor being qunari in the original game but I don't think Trespasser (and the Qun plot) has any unique dialogue for a qunari Inquisitor.
Did anyone comment about your conflict of interest from the romance in your playthrough?
Cassandra does a few times when you speak to her outside, IIRC... Kinda talks about the difficulty of their relationship and her being Divine while her lover is Inquistor in this scene:
https://youtu.be/gFs8LS7CJsg?t=2796
https://youtu.be/gFs8LS7CJsg?t=2888

And the ending says that they continue a secret romance... and he's never far from her or her thoughts her:
https://youtu.be/04dJjIpcA7o?t=1070

But pretty sure the Orlais and Ferelden ambassadors don't reference it. I double check a few scenes and never saw them mentioned potential bias... It would be a good reference for the next Dragon Age though, hopefully they include that as a variable (if Inquisitor referenced Divine; becomes Chantry peacekeepers and the Inquisition serves the Divine).

Not really, after all if you are a Qunari in Inquisition you are basically Tal-Vasoth, you aren't a part of the Qun and thus are treated as any other enemy of the Qun.

Kalentan

Not really, after all if you are a Qunari in Inquisition you are basically Tal-Vasoth, you aren't a part of the Qun and thus are treated as any other enemy of the Qun.

Hm. I suppose that saves me a third play through.

On-topic but also off-topic... but does anyone else find it hard sometimes to make 'different' choices on 2nd playthroughs?

Haha yeah.... Feels like I'm betraying or ruining my own headcanon and 'unofficial' version of the story. I have trouble even playing as a different Inquisitor, too. Same thing in Mass Effect. I was OK to have one Shep and one Femshep... but try play with a different male Shep? No chance.

It's sort of like when a DVD or Blu-ray had alternate endings, I guess. Just zero interest in seeing them. I have 'my version' of the story and I actually disliked that thought of playing other versions of the same events -- it's cool to hear about on forums but even when I replayed DAI, or any ME game for that matter (again as male shep), I always try to do the exact same choices, character alignment, etc. Maybe try 'refine and perfect' it with a few small changes to regrets I may have had, but otherwise basically as much the same story as possible.

Patryn

Hm. I suppose that saves me a third play through.

On-topic but also off-topic... but does anyone else find it hard sometimes to make 'different' choices on 2nd playthroughs?

I just can't side with the Templars. I don't know why. I keep thinking I'm going to see that mission finally, but I just can't do it.

I used to be conflicted about always letting the Chargers live, but then Trespasser came out and now it's all "Fuck you Qunari, I don't care that Iron Bull's card is all sad and pulling at the heart strings, your stupid ship can BURN".

I also have a hard time not playing an elf. I keep trying, but it feels wrong to me to not play one, given how the story plays out.

I don't think this is really a bump, but Mike Laidlaw was talking about Trespasser on Twitter today and once again the hint drops are pretty strong for DA4. He also mentioned how BioWare was the first developer to do hair in Frostbite, previous Frostbite game, Battlefield, the soldiers all had helmets on. I also asked for more black people hairstyles and he agreed they needed more styles.

aiIPI4X.jpg

zzsY54k.jpg

VlJe49b.jpg

IbHmg5m.jpg

masterkajo

I just finished the Trespasser DLC for the first time and thought about this thread title a couple of weeks ago.

I too am impressed with this DLC and ending. The whole DAI was a bit of a chore and slow moving piece for me (took me since release to finally beat it) but it definitly ends on a strong note with this DLC. Bravo Bioware.

Schlorgan

Finally got around to finishing it. That was actually really great. I really want to see what that next game is, but it probably won't come out for another five years or so. xD

Top Bottom