• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons - Season 26 |OT| The Season of the Crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok the Simpsons & family cross-over was so good and very funny.

Yeah ROGER cameo (as american dad is my favorite show)

as for the simpsons S26E01 cheap death (sigh) laughed around 7-8 time

the itchy & scratchy joke was great at the end

I was enjoying the episode to some extent but when this didn't happen in the big fight:

RaAhBBk4TjttqlrhE0nizidRo1_500.jpg

I was so disappointed the whole thing was ruined
Yep should've ended the fight with this, would've made me laugh.

But yeah the crossover wasn't that great and that was a terrible send off to one of their characters, irked me like when they killed of Mona Simpson =/

Also Jackie Mason sounded really off but he is quite old now =/

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The people who hated the crossover episode need to remember that it was a Family Guy episode full of Family Guy jokes. Not a Simpsons episode. And personally, I felt that helped it. It wouldn't have worked the other way. I enjoyed it much more than the funeral episode. Though it was a better character death episode than when Homer's mother died.

I do wish, while I enjoy a good chicken fight now and then, that the last 10 minutes hadn't been all fighting. I understand they needed to fight, but come on, they didn't need to do it. There could have been plenty more jokes in there. Oh well.

I did like Roger's goodbye to Fox. "Thanks for having me!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I noticed Harry Shearer wasn't in the FG crossover.
That's a shame, could have benefited from a scene with Flanders.

UberTag

I noticed Harry Shearer wasn't in the FG crossover.
That's a shame, could have benefited from a scene with Flanders.
At this point, Harry really only keeps doing the show out of obligation and to support his fellow actors.
That means no extra-curriculars like The Simpsons Guy or The Simpsons at the Hollywood Bowl or The Simpsons Tapped Out.
And he records most of his dialogue from a home studio instead of venturing out to the studio.
Frankly, I would be shocked if he contributes to any Simpsons video games in the future.
The dude's 70... figure he's earned whatever breaks he can get.

Shearer's also one of the more outspoken cast/crew members about the show's quality deteriorating. He made a comment after season 14 about how the last three years were shit and 14 was their worst. I can't imagine he's changed his mind much since then.

UberTag

Shearer's also one of the more outspoken cast/crew members about the show's quality deteriorating. He made a comment after season 14 about how the last three years were shit and 14 was their worst. I can't imagine he's changed his mind much since then.
He probably hasn't but they now pay him enough money to keep his opinion on that subject to himself.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
There's only two Simpsons games I'd want to see in the future. HD remakes of Hit and Run and Road Rage with a few extra levels and references. At least Road Rage. I loves me some Crazy Taxi homage.

At this point, Harry really only keeps doing the show out of obligation and to support his fellow actors.
That means no extra-curriculars like The Simpsons Guy or The Simpsons at the Hollywood Bowl or The Simpsons Tapped Out.
And he records most of his dialogue from a home studio instead of venturing out to the studio.
Frankly, I would be shocked if he contributes to any Simpsons video games in the future.
The dude's 70... figure he's earned whatever breaks he can get.

He was in Tapped Out.

UberTag

As this week's episode, The Wreck of the Relationship, revolves entirely around the often fractured familial bond between Homer (the strangler) and Bart (the stranglee), this Sunday's FXX mini-marathon features episodes with the Homer-Bart dynamic at their core...

3:00pm Saturdays of Thunder (S3E9)

01.jpg

3:30pm Brother From the Same Planet (S4E14)

Brother_from_the_Same_Planet_22.JPG

4:00pm Homer's Phobia (S8E15)

screen-shot-2012-02-05-at-11-29-02-am.png

4:30pm Lard of the Dance (S10E1)

Lard_of_the_Dance_46.JPG

5:00pm The Parent Rap (S13E2)

b780x450.jpg

5:30pm I D'oh-bot (S15E9)

I,_D'oh-bot.png

6:00pm We're on the Road to D'ohwhere (S17E11)

We%27re_on_the_Road_to_D%27oh-where.png

6:30pm Homer the Father (S22E12)

ResizedImage600276-vlcsnap-164985.png

I know the crossover was a Family Guy episode, but I don't care enough to look for a FG thread. It wasn't as bad as I expected and it was about as funny to me as FG and modern Simpsons are these days, as in not funny. Only jokes/gags I liked were the birds and James Woods ones, or the only ones I remembered liking.

The Simpsons premiere was average. Not a bad episode, but easily forgettable.

That was much less terrible than expected. The couch gag was competent, the Homer/Bart dynamic actually produced some family comedy, and the Captain McAllister gag was legit funny.

Didn't care for the fantasy football B story.

UberTag

That was much less terrible than expected. The couch gag was competent, the Homer/Bart dynamic actually produced some family comedy, and the Captain McAllister gag was legit funny.

Didn't care for the fantasy football B story.
It was nicely animated but I felt that both stories lacked in terms of being believable and/or funny. Both Homer and Bart behaved like ridiculous caricatures the entire episode. Not only was their stubborn broccoli feud inane but they kept walking around with broccoli on them the entire episode for unexplained reasons.

There's a pretty deep well they can trudge through for fantasy football gags as well. The League has mined it quite successfully for over 5 years now. Blowing Moe out with a lineup of 5 kickers is just dumb.

The McAllister gag at the end was pretty good. As was the trash talk chicanery and Marge's reactions to it in church (with Hibbert and Lovejoy, in particular). That's about it, though.
Still waiting for the first genuinely great episode of the season and, at this point, I have my doubts it arrives before Simpsorama airs in November.

Anustart

Due to circumstances out of my control, I've come into possession of Simpsons season 9. What are the best episodes?

Might look into reacquainting myself with the series.

BatDan

Due to circumstances out of my control, I've come into possession of Simpsons season 9. What are the best episodes?

Might look into reacquainting myself with the series.

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
Lisa's Sax
Treehouse of Horror VIII
Bart Star
Reality Bites
Bart Carny
Das Bus
Lisa the Simpson
This Little Wiggy
Simpson Tide
King of the Hill
Lost Our Lisa

I just realized that Season 9 has way too many episodes with awful endings.

BatDan

Honestly, I thought that was going to be Guy Incognito at the end.
But that would have been clever...

UberTag

Honestly, I thought that was going to be Guy Incognito at the end.
But that would have been clever...
Still wound up being a better episode than it had any right to be.
Not a great one, mind you... but I appreciated the absence of a half-baked subplot.

It sounds like it will repeat The Twisted World of Marge Simpson

This is almost exactly what it was. No decent writing into the family dynamic, they're all just kinda 'there' going through the motions of the 'start a business, get in over your head' sitcom tropes.

UberTag

Just a quick reminder that the annual Treehouse of Horror special is THIS Sunday.
You can find the first promotional hype clip/commercial for the episode right here.
And the first clip of a perceived "joke" from this episode right here.

Also, FXX will have a THOH marathon running Sunday, October 26th. We'll probably want a separate thread in Off-Topic for this.

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR XXV - Sunday, October 19th

sY6JIJd_zps246ca0bb.jpg

Treehouse_of_Horror_XXV_promo_4.jpg

Treehouse_of_Horror_XXV_promo_5.jpg

Treehouse_of_Horror_XXV_promo_7.jpg

IT'S THE ANNUAL HALLOWEEN TERROR TRILOGY ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19, ON FOX

First of Four Halloween-Themed Episodes!

On the annual spooktacular Halloween special, Bart and Lisa are transported to a demon-filled alternate universe after Bart reads a set of Aramaic symbols he finds on the underside of his desk; Moe's "Clockwork Orange"-style gang is disrupted when Dum (Homer) falls for a girl (Marge) who wants him to give up the thug life; and, in an homage to "The Others," the Simpsons are visited by their former Tracey Ullman-era versions of themselves in the all-new "Treehouse of Horror XXV" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 19 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Episode Production Code = SABF21
Head Writer = Stephanie Gillis (the wife of Al Jean - so you know he automatically loved everything in the script before he even looked at it)

Odds that the Writing/Jokes Will be Good = POOR
Odds that the Animation Direction Will be Solid & It Fun to Hear the Current Cast Voice Their Circa-1987 Selves = EXCELLENT
Odds that Episode Will at Least Be Better Than Treehouse of Horror XXII = DECENT

UberTag

I hope the "Others" parody has the older versions act like they should. If they can even remember how to write the older characters.
It's probably a good sign that they've got Ullman-era Lisa strangling HD-era Lisa with her pearls in the official THOH XXV poster as she was pretty much just a female version of Bart during the late 1980s.
It makes sense that they wouldn't get along.

BatDan

I do like that the first segment was original, rather than parodying a movie.
Though it sounds like the next two will be movie parodies... oh well.

Mesousa

Banned
I was halfway through the clockwork Orange skit before I pushed the record button.

Wow......Simpsons bringing the A game again.

BatDan

Claymation
Anime
Adventure Time
South Park
Archer
Sylvain Chomet couch gag
Despicable Me minions
Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom