• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons - Season 28 |OT| - Sundays at 8 on FOX | Pre-Show Marathons at 4 on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Re: 22 for 30

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Loads of meta-humor references and a fitting parody of ESPN's 30 for 30 sports doc series. They fully committed to the send-up and delivered a cohesive episode that remained focused and yet encompassed a number of running gags from Louie's loose lips to Milhouse's squeamishness to Nelson's parentage to Krusty's Dolly jokes to dunking on Skinner to the Anger Watkins reaction takes. Loved all of the callbacks.

Tapejara

Didn't enjoy 22 for 30 as much as everyone else here, but I'm also not familiar at all with 30 for 30 or basketball history in general.

UberTag

Strong potential for two solid episodes in a row as Man Seeking Woman's Simon Rich freelance writes tonight's Selman-showrun episode.

A FATHER'S WATCH - Sunday, March 19th | Episode Production Code = WABF11 (#614) / Writer = Simon Rich

HOMER AND MARGE TRY A NEW PARENTING STYLE WITH BART

Brian Posehn ("The Big Bang Theory") Guest-Voices

Worried that Bart is destined for failure, Marge turns to a series of parenting "experts" for advice. Homer decides to cash in on one expert's advice by opening up a trophy store in Springfield. Meanwhile, Bart finds some needed encouragement from Grampa, who gives him a precious watch coveted by Homer.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Homer decides to cash in on one expert's advice by opening up a trophy store in Springfield.
241241.gif

UberTag

Last new episode before the big season-ending push airs later tonight.
Granted, there's a lot of other distractions and tonight's premise isn't all that compelling so I wouldn't feel compelled to go out of your way to watch it.
It's the big Trump University parody episode featuring Mr. Burns.

Incidentally, we're just a couple weeks away from the 30th anniversary of the Simpsons first hitting the airwaves.

Joni

That full monty joke was a perfect example of what is wrong with current comedy. Just stop at Smithers giggling.

UberTag

FYI, the Pokemon Go episode is officially set to air on April 30th.
Except it won't be called Pokemon Go. It'll be called Peekimon Get.

Yeah...

UberTag

Okay, big update time to get you guys up to speed.

First off, there's a new episode tonight as the show kicks off its final trio of episodes for the season. It's the aforementioned Pokémon Go Peekimon Get parody episode... and - as you may deduce from this video - it's not looking too hot.

We also have a new couch gag celebrating the Simpsons 30th anniversary as a rip on the Big Bang Theory opening. This one's actually pretty entertaining.

Not satisfied with celebrating that anniversary, the show has also put out a tribute video commemorating Donald Trump's first 100 days in office. At least they're keeping these Trump segments relegated to YouTube outside of having Lisa turn him into a troll doll in The Cad and the Hat.

Next up, the Archive of American Television has been quietly consolidating an exhaustive collection of introspective one-on-one interviews with the show's cast and creators which I consider to be well worth watching. I'll link you guys to some of the more noteworthy ones.

Now there's a writer's strike looming next week, as I've noted on a number of occasions, the show's writers handle quite a multitude of tasks outside of simply penning scripts as quite a number of them are also involved in the showrunning and voice direction for the show - all of which could potentially be impacted.

This could prove rather noteworthy if the strike is protracted seeing how the only milestone we've heard touted about from the show's current staff is breaking the record - held by Gunsmoke - for the longest-running scripted prime time TV series.

Gunsmoke topped out at Episode 635.
Looking for Mr. Goodbart - which airs tonight - is Episode 616.
The live table read from just this past Thursday (which Nancy Cartwright tweeted about) was for XABF05 - which would be Episode 630.

So they can't call it quits with the strike and break the record. So rest assured on that front.

Lastly, here are the remaining synopses for this season - the season finale sounds like a doozy (and not in a good way) - and the announced titles for Season 29.

LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBART - Sunday, April 30th | Episode Production Code = WABF13 (#616) / Writer = Carolyn Omine

BART BEFRIENDS SPRINGFIELD’S GRANDMOTHERS

Jennifer Saunders (“Absolutely Fabulous”) Makes Guest-Voice Appearance

Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
MOHO HOUSE - Sunday, May 7th | Episode Production Code = WABF14 (#617) / Writer = Jeff Martin

HOMER AND MARGE TRY TO IMPROVE THEIR MARRIAGE

Michael York ("Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me") Makes Guest-Voice Appearance

Homer and Marge attempt to work on their marriage, not knowing that Mr. Burns and Nigel have a bet on whether Nigel can break them apart. With the successful, albeit unconventional, help of Moe, the couple gets back their mojo.
DOGTOWN - Sunday, May 21st | Episode Production Code = WABF15 (#618) / Writer = J. Stewart Burns * SEASON FINALE *

IT'S A DOG'S WORLD

When Homer's court case determines that a dog's life is more valuable than a human's is, the status of man's best friend rises in Springfield. When the dogs recognize their new position of power, they assert their dominance over the humans.
  • 619 - WABF16 - Whistler's Father
  • 620 - WABF17 - The Serfsons
  • 621 - WABF18 - Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII
  • 622 - WABF19 - Grampy Can Ya Hear Me
  • 623 - WABF20 - The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be
  • 624 - WABF21 - Singin' In The Lane
  • 625 - WABF22 - Springfield Splendor
  • 626 - XABF01 - Mr. Lisa's Opus
  • 627 - XABF02 - Gone Boy
  • 628 - XABF03 - Haw-Haw Land
  • 629 - XABF04 - Frink Gets Testy

Tapejara

That was a pretty underwhelming episode, and the Pokemon theme song parody was just bad.

I did like the the short church scene:

Comic Book Guy: "Hey, this game is, or was, bigger than Jesus!"
Lovejoy: "That's not a high bar these days."

UberTag

YKyxHGA.gif

Just a quick reminder that Twin Peaks returns to the airwaves tonight.
And, in less important news, we'll also be given the Season 28 finale. Which boasts one of the worst premises imaginable.

Hopefully the writers will start putting more effort into their episodes next year so I can return to putting more effort into my previews.

UberTag

Just a heads up that Season 29 kicks off in just a hair over two weeks' time... with, of all things, a full-fledged Game of Thrones parody episode.

Incidentally, I vow not to half-ass the next OT thread as much as I did the last one. I felt it was more or less fitting given how much of the season came off half-assed from a creative standpoint.

In the meantime, if you want a bit of a preview... I'll link you guys to the San Diego Comic-Con Season 29 discussion panel from back in July. Try not to laugh bitterly the way I did when Groening expresses how much he values the show's long-standing team of musicians just weeks before Clausen and his orchestra got canned via Email.

vypek

Just a heads up that Season 29 kicks off in just a hair over two weeks' time... with, of all things, a full-fledged Game of Thrones parody episode.

Incidentally, I vow not to half-ass the next OT thread as much as I did the last one. I felt it was more or less fitting given how much of the season came off half-assed from a creative standpoint.

In the meantime, if you want a bit of a preview... I'll link you guys to the San Diego Comic-Con Season 29 discussion panel from back in July. Try not to laugh bitterly the way I did when Groening expresses how much he values the show's long-standing team of musicians just weeks before Clausen and his orchestra got canned via Email.

Thanks for the links as well as the heads up for the season cause I had no idea of when it was supposed to return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom