• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sky Crawlers [Wii] screens , Video

Arde5643

The rule for using waggle (motion control) is pretty simple for Wii owners I think:

1) Use it simple recognizable motions and do it well (Wii Sports), or
2) Use it for awesome events (ie. No More Heroes' fatalities and wrestling moves)

Lobster

Banned
This game should have an option like SSX Blur to either use analog stick or nunchuk.

I think way too many people bailed on SSX Blur without realising you could use the analog.

Anony

looks good, still unbelievable because the game looks AA'd, so i'm still having my doubts about it graphically
there's also a zero percent chance of it getting localized, so i dont want to get too excited for it

Matt

Anony said:
looks good, still unbelievable because the game looks AA'd, so i'm still having my doubts about it graphically
there's also a zero percent chance of it getting localized, so i dont want to get too excited for it
There's a high chance of it getting localized.

Anony

Matt said:
There's a high chance of it getting localized.

really?
an anime movie -> video game (i think), if the movie isnt licensed released here, then you wont be seeing the game too are usually the way things goes

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Anony said:
Don't be so glum. Oshii is directing, which means the film itself will see global releases regardless. It'll essentially give Namco a chance to try and capture the hype and release it dependent on regional releases.

Nice music too. Wonder if they're using the internal Namco sound team or grabbing a composer for it.

speedpop said:
Nice music too. Wonder if they're using the internal Namco sound team or grabbing a composer for it.
If we're reeeeeally lucky, Kenji Kawai will be working on the game as well.
But if it's not the case, I must say that whoever is composing for the game is apparently doing a damn fine job so far. [edit] Oh, but now that I think about it, the awesome musical theme we hear in this trailer is most likely from the movie...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Stormbringer said:
If we're reeeeeally lucky, Kenji Kawai will be working on the game as well.
But if it's not the case, I must say that whoever is composing for the game is apparently doing a damn fine job so far.
Yeah I was thinking that they may use music from the film as well as additional pieces from Kawai.

But I guess we'll see what happens in a few months time.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lobster said:
This game should have an option like SSX Blur to either use analog stick or nunchuk.

I think way too many people bailed on SSX Blur without realising you could use the analog.

No, it was most definitely the:

1. Horrible trick system (done on the Wiimote, not the nunchuck).
2. Horrible artwork and character designs.
3. rehashed levels from SSX3.
4. Completely missing soundtrack.

Lobster

Banned
PantherLotus said:
No, it was most definitely the:

1. Horrible trick system (done on the Wiimote, not the nunchuck).
2. Horrible artwork and character designs.
3. rehashed levels from SSX3.

4. Completely missing soundtrack.

I think 2 and 3 aren't valid..

The artwork and character design was a nice new direction and the whole point of SSX Blur was remxing the best tracks from the SSX series..

edit:

Also how the hell do I watch the trailer? Im guessing I need to use IE or FF..

edit2: Wow this game looks great. Thank goodness for freeloader!

Linkup

kiruyama said:
What's that strange noise at the beginning? Sounded like an ostrich
The guy playing the game.

Also that music probably is from the movie, which reminded me of something from CT.

Tenbatsu

Dam I was wrong, the guy is not left handed, it just that the game is played using the Nunchuk like a flight stick, stupid of me:(

Tenbatsu said:
Dam I was wrong, the guy is not left handed, it just that the game is played using the Nunchuk like a flight stick, stupid of me:(
Nope, I think he is most likely left-handed. From the look of it, the controls have the potential to be really fun and immersive by the way. I'm really keen to hear more details on this front.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
nom nom nom nom.

and about frieakin time somebody did try seriously an action flight sim on this platform.

Vinnk

I think this title will be a real test for the Wii. It's a 3rd party putting in what seems like an actual serious effort. It's not the normal, spin-off, cash-in, PS2 port or mini-game-fest. True it's not a numbered Ace Combat game but probably the next-best thing.

I for one am very interested to see how gamers react to a quality 3rd party game built for the Wii exclusively.

As for the game itself, so far it looks really good. I just wonder how accessible that control scheme is.

Lee N

Membre
CTLance said:
If you're using a decent browser you could press F12 (or option-F12 if you're using OSX).
Uncheck this:
2m2jb4z.png

...or use the "edit site preferences" tool accordingly.

If you use the OTHER acceptable browser, use a plugin or modify a setting.

Hope that helps.
Just don't forget to check it again or you might not get any images at all on certain sites, or you might get an unpleasant surprise. Some sites require referrer logging.

Top Bottom