• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Snack World heading to the West via Level-5 Abby, release date TBD

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gematsu has added press comments from Level-5 about several of their games, and this one mentioned an overseas release.

Gematsu said:
The Snack World, Level-5’s fourth cross-media project, will be released on Android/iOS devices in April 2017 — and on the Nintendo 3DS platform in July 2017. As its key ‘hyper-casual fantasy’ concept suggests, The Snack World takes place in a typical RPG fantasy setting with weapon shops and inns appearing here and there, while such modern conveniences as corner stores, vending machines, and cafés also exist. Along with the game release, The Snack World TV series will start airing in a primetime slot on TV Tokyo starting in April 2017. The magical adventure of Chup, the main character of the show, and his comrades will be depicted in high-quality, full CG animation. In addition, its monthly serial comic strips will be published by Shogakukan on Coro Coro Comics, and its signature toys — many of which were showcased at “Level-5 Vision 2016” — have been developed by Takara Tomy. As a large cross-media initiative, The Snack World will be rolled-out through other entertainment franchises, too. Its overseas expansion will be handled by Level-5’s subsidiary, Level-5 abby — though this rollout schedule is yet to be determined.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/07/snack-wo...-april-2017-3ds-july-2017#l77uXmvBog1SOoqA.99

I found the conference very cynical. I don't think the franchise will do particularly well, the game doesn't look strong enough, unlike Youkai Watch.

Kid Heart

Huh, I thought for sure we would never see it due to the toy gimmick. Interesting. I like the art style and am down for old fashioned rpgs so I'll keep an eye on it.

L~A

Hmm... that's pretty old news. They announced they wanted to bring the project to the west back when it was announced. They even had an English-dubbed version of the Pilot Anime.

And the fact that Level-5 abby was in charge of the project was already mentioned in the press release sent on October 1st (when Level-5 abby was formally announced):

Heading up the day-to-day operations is Ms. Yukari Hayakawa, Chief Operating Officer. Reporting directly to Hino, Hayakawa is spearheading the global roll-out of the company’s mega-hit IPs – YO-KAI WATCH™ premiering October 5th, Little Battlers eXperience™ (LBX™) and SNACK WORLD™, a new multi-media franchise currently in production for 2016. The North American roll-out of the YO-KAI WATCH franchise includes:

http://level5ia.com/news/entertainm...o-the-global-market-akihiro-hino-at-the-helm/

Top Bottom