• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sonic movie might actually be good?

MMaRsu

Banned
Once Sonic started saying the talking Owl was like his Obi Wan Kenobi I turned the movie off instantly. What stupid horseshit

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
It's now officially the biggest game-based movie in North American history:

Also, fuck toilet paper and pasta, get your tickets to see the movie now before the c-virus closes all cinemas:

KiteGr

I saw the movie today.

It was horrible!
I'm a fan of animations, and watch lots of supposed "kids cartoons" but this movie was so by the books, that I wouldn't be surprised if it was written by a robot.

Malcolm9

I saw the movie today.

It was horrible!
I'm a fan of animations, and watch lots of supposed "kids cartoons" but this movie was so by the books, that I wouldn't be surprised if it was written by a robot.

What was horrible about it though? I think they did a pretty good job to be honest with it being a light hearted buddy movie. Jim Carrey was pretty decent as Robotnik as well.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's got a 64% on RT, and globally has sold $300 million.

Did great. And that was after getting delayed with the graphics overhaul.

I thought it was going to be another disastrous video game movie (R&C), but turned out well for them.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I saw the movie today.

It was horrible!
You don't get it. What is important is not watching the movie but seeing Sonic haters drowning in their own vomit after the hedghog crushed all video game movies ha ha ha ;)
#evilSegaNuts

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Would be awesome of Sega if they did a showing of it in PSO2 as a special event for everyone, similar to how Disney released Frozen II early on D+. I mean it's essentially made all the money its going to make at the box office.

Thanati

I took my kid to watch it and went in with zero expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed it, had some good laughs and walked out pleasantly happy.

Thurible

I saw it with a friend like a month ago. I personally didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. It was simply ok. My friend on the other hand absolutely despised it because of all the product placement (like olive garden and amazon for instance).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Best part of the movie....

ywe0YzO.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles hasn't been forgotten

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
It was just okay. That it wasn't just another completely horrible video game movie is why it's being overrated.

undrtakr900

i went in with super low expectations and watched this the other day. it actually was pretty good
Agreed, I went into Sonic with low-expectations (like I did with Detective Pikachu), but was pleasantly surprised & thoroughly enjoyed both videogame films.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

I'm expecting an announcement of the sequel pretty soon

Top Bottom