The Sonic the Hedgehog Live-Action Film you've all been dreaming of is finally real

DigitalOp

Banned
Jun 23, 2012
18 min movie

About 4 minutes of Sonic, Fair warning

It might be 6 mins of sonic but ehh

It was decent at least

Hot Coldman

Banned
Oct 1, 2009
West Philadelphia, born and raised
It was decent at least
Yeah, all the shit I don't like about it isn't really their doing, it's stuff from the games (dudes with guns, crappy robots, the fucking President, etc) so I'll have to go with this.

They probably should have gone with a less furry Sonic considering they probably didn't have a huge budget.

FFS, Green Scar... you know exactly how this thread's going to go.

>:|

ghibli99

Jul 23, 2005
I skipped around and landed right on Brentalfloss... had to go watch some of his videos right afterwards.

Mar 17, 2010
The Digital World
twitter.com
The opinions and views expressed at or through this video are the opinions of the OP and the movie creator and do not reflect the opinions or views of any of SonicGAF or the opinions or views of any other individual on NeoGAF.

Dec 28, 2005
This is just bad. Real bad. I cringed more than I've ever cringed in my entire life.

"The intention of making this film was for it to be a spec film, with the primary purpose being to show how a Sonic the Hedgehog film, in a live action environment, can be executed."

You have failed. It can't be done. Never try again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jan 19, 2007
I wish I was a random Internet personality so I could cameo in these videos.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Mar 2, 2010
The Land of Bagged Milk
The opinions and views expressed at or through this video are the opinions of the OP and the movie creator and do not reflect the opinions or views of any of SonicGAF or the opinions or views of any other individual on NeoGAF.
This should be in the OP.

http://www.abload.de/img/aiexvlvjho.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
:(

I feel bad for getting mad now. I'm sorry. Well... I guess a thread for ridicule wouldn't hurt.

shaowebb

Dec 12, 2006
wv
That is one SOLID Robotnik. Fun stuff and really impressed with the robot drones. Great texture and lighting on those guys.

mjc

Nov 8, 2007
I think this cements the fact that I don't understand Sonic's fanbase. So bizarre.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jan 19, 2007
The landscape at the end. Took about pissing over the main concept of

to show how a Sonic the Hedgehog film, in a live action environment, can be executed.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Jun 26, 2009
Norway
I think it would've been loads better if the music was just Escape from the City looped until the credits.
Christ, no. That song is one of the worst things to come out of the Sonic series in terms of music. So fucking bad.

As for the video, it was surprisingly decent. Sonic should've been a wee bit faster though, and Robotnik's moustache was too small. Otherwise a commendable effort.

If this were a game, would it be more fun than Sonic Adventure 2?
Getting penetrated by an angry bear is probably more fun than playing SA2.

oconnomiyaki

Apr 12, 2007
"He's a... you know..."
"What?"
"A South Islander."

I laughed so fucking hard I got weird looks at work.

DJ Hazard stole the show as Robotnik, though. And Sonic looked pretty cool all things considered. But otherwise, that was pretty much what I expected.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jan 19, 2007
And Sonic looked pretty cool all things considered.
His mouth looked weird (probably because it was at the front rather than side) and I wasn't a fan of the random sticking out spines. Sonic the Porcupine.