• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Star Trek Beyond News & Production Thread: Maximum Warp, PUNCH IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
I hate this so much.

If the Franklin is a Warp 4 ship it shouldn't follow the post-Kelvin design aesthetics. It should look more like the NX-01 than the Abramsverse NCC-1701. The nacelles are totally off.

It also screws up the pre-Kelvim timeline further as the Warp 5 test ships were these:

latest

I hate this so much.

If the Franklin is a Warp 4 ship it shouldn't follow the post-Kelvin design aesthetics. It should look more like the NX-01 than the Abramsverse NCC-1701. The nacelles are totally off.

Heh, funny to see the NX on the other side of the retcon argument for a change.

Yarbskoo

monsterprise.jpg

There's an article here about its size. It's a bit technical but I love stuff like this. :p

Edit: bonus chart

The more Trek I watch the more I dislike the reboot Enterprise. Even if it wasn't so ludicrously oversized, I still don't like the overall shape of the thing. The proportions are just weird, and it feels too curvy. Every time I look at those nacelles I think they're going to start sagging downward any minute.

The 1701-A/Refit design looks better in every way, as does the TOS model.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Currently about to put up the review thread (unless someone else is doing that already).

Stand by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom