• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The state of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xisiqomelir

I'm one of the receipts. Bish banned me on one of his rampages when The Usual Suspects in PoliGaf/BCT must have pm'd him or something(always pathetic when that happened, worst was when the Nintendo lot did it in a Media Create thread) over me using the word "fam". I had just been in there saying the left needed to calm down and plan and not keep threatening allies with punches to the head or "the end of whiteness" or whatever the fuck. Borderline racism lets be honest.

I guess my bizarre ban and many others broke the camels back and I got unbanned a lot faster than expected and Bish slunk off once he couldn't power trip anymore.

Happy to be a part of the de-modding of this forum. They had all collectively become a cancer.

Yeesh.

Glad to have you back fam

Sephzilla

If i were in Evilore's shoes right now I would focus on giving the site a fresh reboot of sorts. It looks pretty gimped right now ever since the OT was removed. I'm talking new layout, new logo design, new slogan, new welcoming text, etc.Total overhaul for a new (and better) era for GAF. I wouldn't shy away from just straight up stealing some of the good ideas on the other forum. If it benefits the people, who cares? Speaking of OT, now that some of the more toxic elements have left, it should be fully reopened with less strict moderation built around fostering productive discussions. That other forum is having its fun in the spotlight because it's new, GAF can stay competitive and relevant by rebooting itself too, as quickly as possible to steal attention away. Evilore should not give up so easily.
This is war.

EDIT: Too slow, they already announced the OT side was reopening. Awesome news.

Claiming the other site is toxic but declaring war on them even though they just want to move on.

:thinkingemoji:

Exotoro

They started it. Fair game.

they didnt start shit. they left. theres a bulletin on the announcements board saying not to talk about neogaf and to put that site away in the past. there's no visible malice over there. nobody's posting on there out of spite for neogaf.

xRaizen

oh he doesnt, but his actions havent helped the site grow in any way, nor will it

neogaf does have a huge backlog of users to register, but after those run out i suspect it'll be a slow trickle. evilore was never why anybody went to this site. the reasons why people went? they all left.
Actually, knowing that a lot of the users that left are ones that I actively disliked and felt they made the forum worse, and made GAF a running joke elsewhere (and some of them are even being appointed as admins/mods on the other site), has made me even more optimistic about GAF.

I’d been growing less and less interested in GAF due to more than a few users.

Started what? Maaaaaaan, enjoy your "Us vs Them", mentality. It was EL's shitpoor addressing of the situation and his habitual predatory behaviour that broke the camels back on all this.

But please, blame the community that kept this site going for the cause of it's implosion...Whatever let's you sleep at night. You do you, friendo.

Exotoro

Actually, knowing that a lot of the users that left are ones that I actively disliked and felt they made the forum worse, and made GAF a running joke elsewhere (and some of them are even being appointed as admins/mods on the other site), has made me even more optimistic about GAF.

the reasons why i came left anyway.

Sephzilla

Every gaming website has a shitty reputation on other gaming websites.

they didnt start shit. they left.

Exactly. They fucking left (and engaged in mass account suicide to further damage the site's reputation). They're traitors and they're now in direct competition with GAF because both it and we are left-leaning websites but the Internet only has room for one.

Sephzilla

Exactly. They fucking left (and engaged in mass account suicide to further damage the site's reputation). They're traitors and they're now in direct competition with GAF because both it and we are left-leaning websites but the Internet only has room for one.
I think it's time you take a break from the internet. The only toxicity right now is coming from you.

zumphry

Banned

You need to step away from the computer fam.

David___

Banned

This site isn't leaning anywhere on the spectrum since political and social issue talk is banned. Get over yourself

Steel

Banned

We're playing the traitors game now? This is hilarious.

VegaShinra

What are you? 5yrs old? This entire 'Us vs Them' mentality is insane.

Doukou

Traitors

What’s next calling them deserters?

methane47

Some nice features I've seen on the new place:

Alerts to tell you when there's new content in a thread you're subscribed to
Alerts when someone quotes your post
You can @ mention someone's name in your post to draw their attention to that post
You can go straight into editing a post in topic view by simply double clicking on the post
Spoiler tags can display a note describing the nature of the spoiler
Drag and drop images into your post from anywhere
There's also highlight quoting for quickly quoting a specific part of a post and a report button

wow!

Exotoro

theres a suggestion on that site to take a break and clear your mind and i highly suggest you do that instead of weird conspiratorial name callings

Quazar

It's either that or let the site die a slow and painful death. It desperately needs new life now more than ever. Evilore doesn't really have a choice, imo.

It’s not an either/or anymore. He had a choice to do what most CEOs do when they or their company screws up. Step down and cash out. It also shows that you care about how you damaged the brand and starts the healing process for all involved. So you’re left with a business that has and will continue to decline. Whether you or anyone else likes it, that’s the better business decision if you’re ever put in that situation. Financially, hes not in a position to sink money into a new site. Your original point. Damage control is his best solution. But that was something that should of been consulted in the first blackout.

KoopaTheCasual

Simply had to clear my cache to view Era. Looks slick. Did I read correctly that sign-up is temporarily closed, so they can manage things better?

Traitors? What is this absurd notion of loyalty?

To a gaming site.

Are you literally saying there can only be one?

I've said this before (to a poster who agreed with me) but a forum doesn't matter. The people matter. The connections matter. The conversations those people had matter.

It looks you're the one who can't get over them.

NSL36TB.gif

OmegaZero

Maybe you could elaborate on this? The other forum has a sticky asking members not to talk about NeoGAF and move on, and I'm not seeing anybody there with similar sentiments to yours.

Imo it'd be in NeoGAF's best interest to ignore the other forum and focus on rebuilding the community without getting embroiled in petty Internet "wars" that only make the site look less attractive.

David___

Banned
NeoGAF is a business. Capitalism is built around an "us vs. them" mentality. Why are you guys acting so shocked?

Most businesses don't allow their leaders to openly admit to grabbing ass as a power move after buying a drink for someone or being accused of walking into a shower naked with a person whose sick while being unscathed.

If the leader fails to do the right thing for the business then the employees protest by walking out because they disagree with the management

notsol337

marked forever

I've been on GAF nearly 10 years, and it's things like this that made this place feel kind of toxic. The mods have always done their best to weed toxicity out, but it's hard to do with so many members, and even harder to do when something scandalous happens.

If you don't like ResetEra, don't make an account there. Leave it alone. Some of us will probably engage with both communities because, as it turns out, there's more than one forum and you don't have to pick and choose. You can post multiple places as long as you follow all the rules.

Chill out, dude.

I've been on GAF nearly 10 years, and it's things like this that made this place feel kind of toxic. The mods have always done their best to weed toxicity out, but it's hard to do with so many members, and even harder to do when something scandalous happens.

If you don't like ResetEra, don't make an account there. Leave it alone. Some of us will probably engage with both communities because, as it turns out, there's more than one forum and you don't have to pick and choose. You can post multiple places as long as you follow all the rules.

Chill out, dude.

Your continued use of that other forum will be the demise of GAF. That's what you guys don't understand.

Neogaf will not be known as a left-leaning site going forward.

NeoGAF is a business. Capitalism is built around an "us vs. them" mentality. Why are you guys acting so shocked?

It's your lack of self-awareness that's shocking, at least to me. How you can type up that the people that left are the toxic ones while simultaneous calling them traitors and declaring war? You have the mentality of a child.

Your solution is to ape the style and additions of the new forum in a vain attempt for GAF to remain relevant.

GAF is on life support because the owner couldn't step up and take some accountability for his actions just once in his adult life. Maybe you should take that white hot anger you're expressing and set your sites on the one person who's responsible for all this.

Hint: Its not ResetERA forum members.

MODS: I would like my Perma Ban, please.

How can a place that stands behind sexual abuse and egocentric, totalitarian behaviour and the unironic use of the expression "SJW" can be liberal?
How can it be liberal when it stands for misinformation, ignoring the facts, and victim blaming?

Your continued use of that other forum will be the demise of GAF. That's what you guys don't understand.

Its as if you won't acknowledge the real underlying issue here.

Its not ResetERA and the mass exodus of OT's community that is responsible here. It was Malaka's bullshit over the years, and his response to this incident being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Even if they did start anything, your plan is to have forum wars with them like a child?

Future of neogaf in good hands or maybe you belong in 4chan or something.

133 posts and you're declaring who is and who isn't a traitor? You have issues.

Hollycat

... traitors? what? The internet is a huge place. People can belong to more than one site without being traitors, becoming a member here is hardly a vow of matramony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom