• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The strongest storm in the history of planet earth is about to hit the Phillipines. Wind 195mph to as high as 235mph

Woffls

I've gone 209 on a motorcycle, and I raised my head 1/2" above the windscreen, and it wasn't pretty.
6069f0f4bc65b53ff1c5c2f806e337cf.jpg

GreyHorace

What sort of preparations has your country made for this and similar events?

Most ordinary citizens stock up on supplies once they know a storm is coming. And once flooding hits the government goes into disaster relief mode.

Typhoons are very common in the Philippines. This is not our first rodeo with them and we have learned to cope. It's not always successful, like when Super Typhoon hit our southern province of Leyte in 2013. Thousands of people died because of the incompetence of the previous administration. Duterte on the other hand, is always ready and at hand when a crisis strikes.

Kev Kev

I'm assuming this just means recorded history?
Lol I was going to post same thing

Op got way too excited. I’m sure there has been waaaay more violent storms in he history of planet earth. got a good chuckle outta that tho 😂

Living in FL, I’ve experienceda dozen or so hurricanes and that shit is scary. Best of luck to everyone, but I fear this is going to be an absolute catastrophe. Hope I’m wrong

Top Bottom