• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The TGS 2009 Sony Key Note- Otherwise Known as ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

laserbeam

Banned
rhfb said:
Wish I never even came into this thread :| Well there is one less game I need to buy this year now :lol lets see if GT5 makes it out before summer next year :|

i could see them holding GT5 in NA and EU until fall if they dont have a awesome fall lineup planned

Pai Pai Master said:
A lot of people wanted RE5 on Wii because they preferred the controls in RE4: Wii Edition. This gives them that option.
I'm sure a large amount of that was just a supplant to whine about not getting a Wii version of any form.

iratA

Despite being initially dissapointed that GT5 isn't coming this year. I'm still pumped for the final product and I'm assuming this extra time will be used by PD to polish the crap out of this game. We all know this will be a beast of a game by the time it finally ships and until then, the included feature list continues to grow. :D

I'm in the 'pro DLC' camp but this is one game where I would like as much content, i.e cars, tracks, modes etc. shipped on the disc right from the start. Going online to download tens or hundreds of different cars and tracks, all because of an unfinished game, would of received a massive backlash. People need to remember that GT4 set the bar pretty high in this regard.

Oh and also..
If the market penetration of the slim continues on its current trend I could see why Sony might have wanted to hold out a little longer until the release of GT5 to maximise its impact for both Sony and PD. As much as I'd like GT5 in my hands right now, in the end I can wait. Uncharted 2 and a string of other great multiplat games coming will tie me over between now and then.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Oh, how I look forward to a year where no gaming convention disappoints.:lol

I know a lot of people who will be disappointed in a big way by this news.

Me? This might save me from having to buy a PS3 until some point next year. this is good news for my wallet.

No ability to transfer the already bought UMD games to PSP 3000.
No software based PS2 backwardscompatibility.
No release date for GT5.
No release date for Yakuza 3 in the US - instead they announced Yakuza 4 for Japan :lol
No release date for Last Guardian.
No release date for God of War 3.

The best part of TGS since it has begun was the full Okamiden trailer, the new Last Guardian trailer and the November 20 release date for NSMB - at least Nintendo knows how to do it...

noah111

Still Alive
vodka-bull said:
No release date for GT5.
No release date for Yakuza 3 in the US - instead they announced Yakuza 4 for Japan :lol

The best part of TGS since it has begun was the full Okamiden trailer, the new Last Guardian trailer and the November 20 release date for NSMB - at least Nintendo knows how to do it...
Release date for GT5 was announced (March), and no shit they won't announce a date for Y3 in the US, it's called the TOKYO game show for a reason; it's geared toward the Japan market.

BTW they are announcing how you will transfer some UMDs to the PSPgo.. As for the rest, you're pretty stupid if you were genuinely expecting expecting such things announcements..

vodka-bull said:
No release date for GT5.

Every time a business keynote speech happens, it gets harder tell if people are rehashing jokes or just getting more stupid. Shareholder keynote speech, do you speak it!!!?

Sentry said:
Release date for GT5 was announced (March)
It seems that this is not a global release date. Remember the last-gen where you had to wait months and sometimes years for a good game getting a release in US/Europe? Well, Sony still think that's the best way to handle their lack of console sales in the us market, so it's a big F-you to everyone outside of Japan. And that attitude really piss me off

I just want to get a reason from Sony to rebuy their system, but it seems that they don't have any yet and won't have any until Last Guardian releases in Europe.

I like it how people think these conferences were for worldwide announcements when they always (without fail) only announce Japan only related items :lol

Same thing every year.

noah111

Still Alive
vodka-bull said:
It seems that this is not a global release date. Remember the last-gen where you had to wait months and sometimes years for a good game getting a release in US/Europe? Well, Sony still think that's the best way to handle their lack of console sales in the us market, so it's a big F-you to everyone outside of Japan. And that attitude really piss me off.
Again, it is the TOKYO game show... what "attitude"? The whole point of the show is to reveal stuff for the Japanese PlayStation market, you think the US is in the center of the world or something?

Christ, but you're right i'm sure Sony is say 'f-you' to anyone outside of Japan right now!

vodka-bull said:
It seems that this is not a global release date. Remember the last-gen where you had to wait months and sometimes years for a good game getting a release in US/Europe? Well, Sony still think that's the best way to handle their lack of console sales in the us market, so it's a big F-you to everyone outside of Japan. And that attitude really piss me off

I just want to get a reason from Sony to rebuy their system, but it seems that they don't have any yet and won't have any until Last Guardian releases in Europe.
Attitude?!?! are you serious? do you even know...
Sentry said:
Again, it is the TOKYO game show... what "attitude"? The whole point of the show is to reveal stuff for the Japanese PlayStation market, you think the US is in the center of the world or something?

Christ, but you're right i'm sure Sony is say 'f-you' to anyone outside of Japan right now!
better way of saying it, and with less profanity than I would have used.

Top Bottom