• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The TGS 2009 Sony Key Note- Otherwise Known as ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

SamBishop

Banned
FortunateSon said:
Wtf is this shit? It's like this whole thing is unorganized from the beginning. This is so far the worst TGS for sure, well, the worst when it comes to organizing. It seems no one knows what the heck they're doing. All the sites, IGN, Kotaku, 1Up etc....

Yeah, man, it's not like there's 800 other things happening and this event is clearly not a ways away from the Makuari Messe at Sony HQ or anything. Take it easy, people are covering it.

Raaaargh, raaaage that I can't have my news to the second from thousands of miles away!!!!!!

kevm3

Wow Sony manages to drop the ball again. GT5, FF13 and that price drop for Christmas would have been killer. Why is it so hard for them to get their game together?

They better have a new game to be announced to make up for this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1:40
Physics: new physics, damage, movable objects on the track, and the newest hybrid and electric cars.

FUCKING HELL, WHERE IS MY USER CAR CUSTOMIZATION, GT!? ARRRRGH!

Well, at least the Physics will be (hopefully) good this go round.

Alex

There's too many fucking games this year, I'm glad it's delayed, but they should aim for worldwide march.

kevm3

What in the world is taking Polyphony Digital so long? This is utterly ridiculous they need an additional 3 months on top of the speculated December release date... So when are we going to get it in the States? Fall?

Sony's really pushing me to get a 360.

Alex said:
There's too many fucking games this year, I'm glad it's delayed, but they should aim for worldwide march.
no, there aren't. especially in this space. you guys have been making excuses for these bastards for years. every year the same tired ass set of excuses.

you guys need a new set of coping mechanisms.

Alex

no, there aren't. especially in this space. you guys have been making excuses for these bastards for years. every year the same tired ass set of excuses

I'm buying 6 console games alone from the end of Sept thru Mid-Nov, but you should probably aim your "coping" post towards someone who isn't going to wait until GT5 is 20 dollars to buy it.

careful

1:49
And now PSP Go for Japan.
Japan gets it on Nov 1.
Cue up Nelson Muntz laughter.
1:50
26,800 yen ($270).
1:50
450 titles available in the PlayStation Store at launch.
1:51
Japanese early adopters can pick from one free game out of 14 titles for download.
This the goodwill program?

kevm3 said:
Looks like Sony is trying to hand the console driving sim market to Microsoft and Turn 10.
I just....man, their car models are beautiful. but c'mon. at this rate, they're going to run into some truly epic DX11 products that will wind up outclassing their efforts in 1/4the the development cycle.

kevm3

Dreams-Visions said:
I just....man, their car models are beautiful. but c'mon. at this rate, they're going to run into some truly epic DX11 products that will wind up outclassing their efforts in 1/4the the development cycle.

Yeah, exactly. It's just really stupid. They could've really killed it with the new PS3 price drop, especially if they could've gotten GT5 out here in America for Christmas. Allt his is going to do is slow PS3 momentum in North America, especially with the Modern Warfare 2 bundle. In Japan, they at least have FF13... But really, we may have to wait until June or so for this to come out in America. Ridiculous. Have these idiots at Sony heard of releasing things on time?

I really hope Sony's big push isn't that motion control garbage. They really need a big games announcement to makeup for yet another bomb.

Cipherr

Dreams-Visions said:

I think you guys are exaggerating. We have a concrete date now that wont move. This is phenomenal news. And who cares about DX 11 products anyway, they aren't going to make a game as polished as GT will be in 1/4th the time. Theres no chance in hell, and you know that. And even if there were such a game, it wont have the community GT will have just on the back of the games pedigree and how well the franchise is known.

The only problem is 2010 is getting fucking absurdly packed with shit its just ridiculous.

Dreams-Visions said:
yea, not bad. just...kinda unnecessary.

did anyone really play RE5 and say to themselves, "I reaaaaally wish this game had motion control."

?

Definitely not me but then again I never played RE4 on Wii.

However, I am totally down for playing flower with the wand.

itxaka

Defeatist
Dreams-Visions said:

did anyone really play RE5 and say to themselves, "I reaaaaally wish this game had motion control."

?

nooooooope

RE4 was awesome and with the Wii controls it was worth another play. RE5 was just ok, no need for a rerun.

Of course all IMO, I'm pretty sure there are fans out there that loved RE5 and will love to play it like RE4:wii

Is this true?

Japan Store for the moment I think.

Dreams-Visions said:

?

A lot of people wanted RE5 on Wii because they preferred the controls in RE4: Wii Edition. This gives them that option.

Dreams-Visions said:

?

I haven't played RE4 Wii or RE5 but I remember people saying that.

longdi

Banned
longdi said:
If it is only single wand without analog stick how am i going to play hardcore games on the motion controller? It looks too much like an accessory than a ds3 replacement. :(

i quote myself. now we know how motion controller can work for hardcore games. one hand ds3, one hand motion controller facing ps eye. what a clusterfuck solution! :lol
why sony you not go the full length and rip off the nunchucks design.

MercuryLS

Banned
longdi said:
i quote myself. now we know how motion controller can work for hardcore games. one hand ds3, one hand motion controller facing ps eye. what a clusterfuck solution! :lol
why sony you not go the full length and rip off the nunchucks design.

They could have done a wireless nunchuck design or just built in an analogue stick into these wands so you could use two at the same time, one for movement and one for aiming, would still be better than having half a dual shock in one hand and a wand in the other. :lol

No one cares about the motion in RE5 motion because no one cared about the motion in RE4 Wii. They care about the pointing. Let's see how well that works.

Pai Pai Master said:
A lot of people wanted RE5 on Wii because they preferred the controls in RE4: Wii Edition. This gives them that option.
word. welp...if the market is there, party on. I've no objection to the idea. I just didn't think the market for it would be that big.

njean777

what really bother me is there is already a sequel announced for white night chronicles AND ITS NOT EVEN OUT YET IN THE US

JambiBum

Dreams-Visions said:
word. welp...if the market is there, party on. I've no objection to the idea. I just didn't think the market for it would be that big.

Wasn't RE4 Wii a rail shooter though? If I'm mistaken someone correct me.

Chris R

Wish I never even came into this thread :| Well there is one less game I need to buy this year now :lol lets see if GT5 makes it out before summer next year :|

Top Bottom