• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Thick Of It: S4 "You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, *@$#!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Allam is fucking amazing.

Feel like I'm stemming the tide, but I think I love the Coalition episodes more than Opposition.

And I adored last week's episode.

I agree actually, but I guess we've only seen one ep from the Opposition. Mannion has owned this season for me so far... just fantastic.

Omikaru

The 'think-sphincter' line from Mannion had me in stitches. The last two weeks were good, but something was missing. This week, I think it had reached the point where it was before. So good. I'm actually enjoying the coalition segments more than the opposition ones.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Mannion and Stuarts eternal war carries the entire coalition eps with added Phil awkward sprinkles. The Lib Dem characters are awful as ever though and continue to be the shit in the syrup.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
eWbBr.jpg

OgBkg.jpg

Breaking News: Armando Iannucci announced as in charge of everything as a shadowy figure from behind the scenes, somehow. Or supremely powerful and mundanely accurate soothsayer.

This is the show's problem this year; how the fuck do you compare to our actual government?

They're not going to be able to touch the sheer insanity of the Clegg apology remix.

daviyoung

Banned
This is the show's problem this year; how the fuck do you compare to our actual government?

They're not going to be able to touch the sheer insanity of the Clegg apology remix.

The coalition is such a messy waste of space the only way to satirise it is to make it out to be the most refined political machine that's ever existed.

Ladies and gentlemen, your ninety minute warning for the next episode of next week in UK politics the best satire currently running on British television (QI XL has bumped it off the 9pm slot, but 9.45pm will do, I guess). Americans, it'll be up on Hulu some point tomorrow.

I wonder if this is basically going to turn into a political wet dream where the Tories lose to a competent Labour party. :lol

We shall see. Apparently
the last three episodes are based on the Leveson Inquiry, so I forecast a major shitstorm on both sides.
I also suspect that we haven't seen the last of Nicola Murray.

Magnificent. Few things are as satisfying as watching Malcolm's machinations in action.

His dispatching of Swain live on national TV was amazing.

Looking forward to the big enquiry over the coming weeks.

I almost wonder if this isn't becoming a subplot of Malcolm grooming Ollie to be his successor of sorts. He's the one Malcolm clearly likes out of all of them, across all the series', and that card and balloon really seemed morbidly like that.

Does anyone have a "next time" clip for next week's ep?

I don't think they did a next time clip. They had a "to be continued", and Malcom sticking the boot in, and that's it.

We do, however, have this hype teaser (might not work if you're outside of the UK) of the actors hinting at what's next. Deep doo-doo indeed.

Empty

well i hope this episode comes true like the breakfast clubs and investment bank.

great malcolm episode. when he cuts ben swain's parachute and chucks him out the plane into the tv reporters was amazing. also thought nicola trying to deal with the ensuing chaos while stuck on a train and working out a reshuffle outside the toilets was great too.

Randdalf

Is Dan Miller somewhat inspired by David Miliband? The supposedly ideal person for the lead role in their respective party, yet lost the leadership election.

well i hope this episode comes true like the breakfast clubs and investment bank.

great malcolm episode. when he cuts ben swain's parachute and chucks him out the plane into the tv reporters was amazing. also thought nicola trying to deal with the ensuing chaos while stuck on a train and working out a reshuffle outside the toilets was great too.

"I have an app that can toss grenades into people's dreams", followed by complete and total political annihilation. Excellent.

What a fantastic episode, the show is never better than when Tucker is in full-on Machiavelli mode.

Bummed that there's no ep next week but it's back the week after with EVERYONE!

No ep next week? Awww.

Malcolm is definitely superior when he's doing top-level meddling, rather than fannying around at DoSAC- In the Loop demonstrated this, and this series is confirming it.

No ep next week? Awww.

Malcolm is definitely superior when he's doing top-level meddling, rather than fannying around at DoSAC- In the Loop demonstrated this, and this series is confirming it.
I like him when he's putting out fires and giving everyone a bollocking too. Basically he's awesome no matter what he's doing.

I like him when he's putting out fires and giving everyone a bollocking too. Basically he's awesome no matter what he's doing.

Yeah, he's generally great at whatever speed he's at. There's something super satisfying about watching his more fiendish machinations though.

Like he says, "I've got a plan, that's fucking great."

Will The Fucker ever return? I always felt like they set up a great battle royale between him and Malcolm when he was introduced, but it never went anywhere.

Aaron

Will The Fucker ever return? I always felt like they set up a great battle royale between him and Malcolm when he was introduced, but it never went anywhere.
Yeah. He was fantastic in In the Loop too, even though he was playing a different character. Though the series is so good it's hard to complain about anything.

BigDes

Fucking hell I keep missing this

For some reason my brain insists it is on a Sunday rather than on a Saturday

Oh well

To the iplayer!

Omikaru

This show is truly sublime. Nicola's breakdown was fantastic, and Malcolm Tucker dropping Ben Swain in it at the last minute was fucking hilarious.

Both sides are colliding for the next three episodes as part of the inquiry, and I for one can't wait for an episode with both Peter Mannion and Malcom Tucker in it, just because those two deliver the absolute best lines and moments of the series so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom