• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Arrives September 6 on PS4

Shy

7JTwV5n.gif

Gonna pick up the founders pack.
GAF town will rise again!
ALL GLORY TO GAF TOWN.

pager99

Ive never enjoyed a free to play game in my life,Im disappointed but will give it a try,I feel the hype has died for this game due to announcing it too early ,devs should really try the 6 month turnaround model from announcement to release

Rellik

I think it'll help going F2P, but personally I won't be playing it after how bored I was with it in the beta.

FP2?! I was getting my wallet ready to pay $40.... I don't know why I thought that.

Anyways, I was never into minecraft, and this game caught me playing it for 4 hours that felt like half an hour. Collecting, crafting, building, and its charming graphics and sounds are enough to captivate you. Recommended, and EXTREMELY recommended it now that its FP2.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'll get the pack. Loved the beta!

The only thing I'm worried is that F2P = more trolls ruining your town. It was bad in the beta.
You can't build (and I assume destroy) without forking over some cash.

The early access Founders Pack includes the following premium paid content ($19.99, includes more than $30 worth of content):
Bourgeoisie papers — This is your first step to becoming a resident of The Void. By earning the “rezidenty” status, player’s will have the privilege to participate in creating structures and items to build your town, access to new tools, and the ability to build your very own house within the town. Also includes five F2P invitations to send to friends.

HiVision

Hey there, Dylan here, just a quick post to let you know the f2p aspect is very unobtrusive because I'm a gamer just like everyone else and I really dislike paywalls and other such cheap tactics.

If you get the founders pack you are pretty much to set to go.

A note for people who played the most recent beta and noticed the lack of Freeman dollars to be picked up from the floor in the game, these have been restored so if you simply play the game you can earn and use those dollars on the black market.

There are also a bunch of other changes including one quite big one that I will detail on the psn blog a little closer to launch.

Glory to all comrades!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Hey there, Dylan here, just a quick post to let you know the f2p aspect is very unobtrusive because I'm a gamer just like everyone else and I really dislike paywalls and other such cheap tactics.

A note for people who played the most recent beta and noticed the lack of Freeman dollars to be picked up from the floor in the game, these have been restored so if you simply play the game you can earn and use those dollars on the black market.

There are also a bunch of other changes including one quite big one that I will detail on the psn blog a little closer to launch.

Glory to all comrades!
Count me in day 1 comrade!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im super dumb i know... but whats the price of the founder edition?
I cant seem to find it on the OP @__@

watchdog

Great news! I really enjoyed my time with the beta. The visual style of this game is incredible. I wish other players didn't pop in and out of existence though. I like being able to see all my comrades working together.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Glory to all comrades!

Thanks Dylan! Looking forward to that post to learn more.

andylsun

Glory to all comrades!

I avoid all F2P games s I don't like the model, but will give it a go in this case. $20 is fine and I was expecting to pay more than that for this game.

We get one outfit for being part of the beta? Back to GAFtown.

I'm more than happy to pay the $20 — and I'll prolly buy even more content just cuz you guys rock <3 — but just out of curiosity, is it possible to grind stuff like Bourgeoisie Papers, or is that a cash-only affair?

Just for the record, I like the F2P idea for this game, because not only does it suit the drop-in/drop-out gameplay, I think it will help to ensure a healthy population which is obviously crucial here. Having a buy-in Founder's Edition launching a few months before the F2P gates open is clever as well, because it will let the "serious" players get in there and establish some order before the randoms wander in and start randoming all over the place.

HiVision

I'm more than happy to pay the $20 — and I'll prolly buy even more content just cuz you guys rock <3 — but just out of curiosity, is it possible to grind stuff like Bourgeoisie Papers, or is that a cash-only affair?

Just for the record, I like the F2P idea for this game, because not only does it suit the drop-in/drop-out gameplay, I think it will help to ensure a healthy population which is obviously crucial here. Having a buy-in Founder's Edition launching a few months before the F2P gates open is clever as well, because it will let the "serious" players get in there and establish some order before the randoms wander in and start randoming all over the place.

Yes, that's the plan! Although we have implemented quite a few changes to prevent non-residentzy newcomers griefing established players, and there will be more about that in the blog.

Yes you can get everything that's in the founders pack by searching hard for Freeman dollars in the free version. The pack gives you a better value deal for your time though I think.

Weird how this game quietly went to free2play and not much has been said about it since it was first introduced. Always thought it look good but I am skeptical now that its free to play.

Weird how this game quietly went to free2play and not much has been said about it since it was first introduced. Always thought it look good but I am skeptical now that its free to play.

F2P games don't indicate quality. There are plenty of fun, fair F2P titles. They've confirmed it's the same system as the beta, so you'll find Freeman dollars laying on the ground. It didn't take me that long to get my licenses that I wanted, and if someone else ponies up the cash, it won't hurt anyone since it's not a PvP game.

When I first saw this at one of the E3 press conferences 2 (?) years ago I thought it LOOKED great..of course not knowing anything about what kind of game it is. Played the beta...puff puff pass. Resource gathering, survival bullshit.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I forgot about this lol. Gonna get the Founder's Edition (is this nvidia related? j/k)

Friday I'll be off from work so I'll probably spend the whole day playing this hahah :D

AudioEppa

When the game was first revealed I originally thought it was going to be a deep story driven title set in a alternate universe under world about kids surviving slavery from mysterious evil leaders. My imagination was gone wild with that concept, but after knowing more about it and playing the beta it's not for me.

I wish the developers nothing but luck on their game when it releases tomorrow.

Audioboxer

I never got to try the beta. So when people say they are creating a GAF town is it one big town all of GAF go to or does everyone mean their own GAF town?

Not quite sure how it all works which is why I'm asking.

Also September the 6th is my birthday so good day to launch ;)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I never got to try the beta. So when people say they are creating a GAF town is it one big town all of GAF go to or does everyone mean their own GAF town?

Not quite sure how it all works which is why I'm asking.
One town everyone congregates in. You can take the subway to visit/move to other towns. So for a "GAF" town you just need to have gaffers on your friends list and have everyone come over to the same town.

Audioboxer

One town everyone congregates in. You can take the subway to visit/move to other towns. So for a "GAF" town you just need to have gaffers on your friends list and have everyone come over to the same town.

Yay, that sounds awesome. I take it someone who launches the game first gets to create the town initially?

ryseing

I never got a chance to play the beta. Any chance I can get an early invite from one of y'all buying the game tomorrow? If I like it I promise to buy the Founder's Edition and pass it forward.

Top Bottom