• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UFC 129 Thread of 55,000 people chanting "GSP! GSP!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Anderson said:
Shields needs to move back up to MW. Looking at him reminds me of watching a 16:9 movie squeezed into a 4:3 TV set, he just seems so weak at this weight

There are more fighters that can take advantage of his weak standup at MW. Welter lets you stick around even if you just want to wrestlefuck like Fitch.

29n76s6.png

dream

Look at St Pierre examine the damage to his face. He actually looks genuinely terrified at the sight of the damage.

That's a real fighter right there.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
GSP's striking is overrated.

His only chance against Anderson is to wrestlefuck. Which he could very well do.

Not the most impressive performance by GSP. But he'll probably get much less flack for this than Anderson against Leites (despite the amount of offense he landed vs. Leites pulling guard the entire time.)

Zeliard

m3k said:
i miss gsp when he mixed up strikes

anderson would kill him in striking i feel

Yeah, does anyone really believe that fight wouldn't be laughable? Anderson vs. GSP? Give me a break. Fucking Jake Shields was landing shots on GSP.

It amazes me that people still think there is a chance in hell GSP would fight Anderson. The guy won't even take chances during a fight, you think he'd take a chance that involves him gaining 20 lbs? He will never ever agree to that fight.

charsace

The main event was a below golden gloves level boxing match with neither guy really standing in the pocket. Worst match of the year.

Why are people cheering?

Brinbe

Alienshogun said:
Ultimately it's up the the challenger to make it an entertaining fight. GSP is simply defending his title.

Blame shields.
Yep, agree with this... but obviously GSP is gotta take some blame for his ultra-conservatism. He has a lot to lose with some fluke loss, too.

48-47 what the fuck

Instro said:
48-47? Really? Shields didnt win any of those rounds.

I gave Shields R5. Regardless, GSP as boring as ever.

And now his BS speech, I'm sorry guys, I'm trying for the KO, blah blah blah

EDIT: And scared to fight Anderson.....

GSP gets so nervous when asked about Anderson. That fight's never happening people. He's gonna be content to just keep on wiping the floor in boring fights with inferior 170 pounders and then retire.

Alienshogun said:
Ultimately it's up the the challenger to make it an entertaining fight. GSP is simply defending his title.

Blame shields.
He was clearly out-matched. GSP is to blame, stop trying to avert responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom