• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UFC 129 Thread of 55,000 people chanting "GSP! GSP!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

polyh3dron said:
Never give GSP a main event again. Fuck.

Historic night for the UFC and this is the main event they get.

Dana White must be annoyed, especially given the matches that came before it. That main event defined "anti-climatic."

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Kusagari said:
GSP completely avoids the Anderson question. Why am I not surprised?

I guess i see his point. He'll lose his flow of staying in 170 by gaining weight. He also has a lot more to lose as i see Silva retiring soon while GSP is still going to stay for a longer time.

Tapiozona

Banned
Judges have it 50-45, 48-47, and 48-47

This is why I hate sports like this. The fact that anyone could score that other than 50-45 just shows how much of a joke and how easy to fix these sports are.

Almost wonder if the judges were instructed to let Shields win if the fight was remotely close. It wasn't but seems like two of the judges were too stupid to see that.

Rorschach

OaLlL.jpg

lol GSP's regular post-match apology right on cue.

Instro

AwesomeSauce said:
I'm honestly surprised Shields 5 yr old girl striking was able to damage GSP's face in such a way.

Shields only started hitting after the eye got fucked up, seems to me like he legitimately couldn't see those punches coming.

Zeliard said:
Historic night for the UFC and this is the main event they get.

Dana White must be annoyed, especially given the matches that came before it. That main event defined "anti-climatic."
Hey, Canadians wanted GSP and they got GSP. Maybe Canadians' opinion of him won't be as high after this.

dream

His eye is fine. Fuck off Georges. Kos' eye was 30x worse than yours and he kept bringing it while you danced around.

Zeliard

dream said:
Listen to him. He's not going to fight Anderson.

I can't wait to see Boogie defend this performance.

Here's a preview:

Kano On The Phone said:
Being behind on points and hesitant to take risks is being too cautious. Being way ahead on points and being hesitant to take risks is being smart.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Ninja Scooter said:
It amazes me that people still think there is a chance in hell GSP would fight Anderson. The guy won't even take chances during a fight, you think he'd take a chance that involves him gaining 20 lbs? He will never ever agree to that fight.

Pretty much this again. The Anderson vs GSP fight will not happen.

MiDNiGHTS said:
I like how a guy has just gone blind in one eye and nobody seems to care much. Gotta get the interview am I right.
Uh he got punched once in the eye...he is a fighter it's his responsibility to give a interview after a fight if he is capable, even if he was gasp* hit in the face twice.

Blackface

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
It amazes me that people still think there is a chance in hell GSP would fight Anderson. The guy won't even take chances during a fight, you think he'd take a chance that involves him gaining 20 lbs? He will never ever agree to that fight.

Most fighters walk around 20-30 lbs heavier then they fight. He would not have to gain any weight at all.

iamvin22 said:
Pretty much this again. The Anderson vs GSP fight will not happen.

Anderson has already said that it's a fight that "must happen someday". Dana has also indicated that he wants it to happen. It's Dana's call in the end, if he wants it to happen then it will. Sooner or later he's going to get tired of GSP not finishing (this is his fourth straight fight that ended in a decision) and is going to put someone like Anderson in front of him because that fight won't go to a decision.

Tapiozona

Banned
Funny how St. Pierre is the conservative pussy now I remember this board saying the same shit about Anderson and his last..3 fights?

They're both afraid to lose.

dream

You know what? Anderson's trolling fights are at least funny to watch. The only person amused by GSP's """"""""""athleticism"""""""""" is Boogie, who probably sat there masturbating furiously in sync with GSP's pawing jab.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Blackface said:
Most fighters walk around 20-30 lbs heavier then they fight. He would not have to gain any weight at all.

dot dot dot

fighters use a big weight cut to their advantage size wise (see Rumble Johnson). Not really any fights at their natural weight.

Anderson walks around at 220ish, and then cuts to 185.

dream said:
You know what? Anderson's trolling fights are at least funny to watch. The only person amused by GSP's """"""""""athleticism"""""""""" is Boogie, who probably sat there masturbating furiously in sync with GSP's pawing jab.
LOOOOOOOOL

Kusagari

alr1ghtstart said:
That was way worse than any of Anderson's trolling fights.

Anderson's troll fights are all entertaining at least. I'd rather watch Anderson dance than whatever garbage this was.

Blackface said:

Yeah but that still means Anderson will be 20-30 lbs heavier than him, which is too much risk for GSP.

And I don't think GSP does weigh that much more than his division weight. That's what would make the weight gain harder for him. I thought it had been said he doesn't cut much.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
alr1ghtstart said:
That was way worse than any of Anderson's trolling fights.

Nah i don't think so. At least GSP was fighting unlike Anderson dancing around and trolling. GSP at least is fighting and i guess giving it his all is better than Anderson just messing around.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
charsace said:
A guy that couldn't even strike when he was on bully beatdown.

Jake Shields seriously has the weakest strikes I've ever seen from a professional MMA fighter in the modern era. It's like watching UFC 1 Royce Gracie in 2011. Except with 25 minutes of standup.

Kill me now.

ShaneB

Blackface said:

It's more of the meta game, being as big as you possibly can in a certain weight class, while keeping cutting weight a realistic proposition and staying healthy, etc.

Hence why it's prominent you hear things like "he is absolutely huge at such and such a weightclass"

edit: badly beaten.

Tapiozona

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Anderson has already said that it's a fight that "must happen someday". Dana has also indicated that he wants it to happen. It's Dana's call in the end, if he wants it to happen then it will. Sooner or later he's going to get tired of GSP not finishing (this is his fourth straight fight that ended in a decision) and is going to put someone like Anderson in front of him because that fight won't go to a decision.

He put a beating on Alves. Any other fighter on the planet would have been TKO'd in his position.

Blackface

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
dot dot dot

fighters use a big weight cut to their advantage size wise (see Rumble Johnson). Not really any fights at their natural weight.

Anderson walks around at 220ish, and then cuts to 185.

No shit, he said GSP would be "afraid to gain 20lbs". I was pointing out he would not have to gain any weight at all.

Some fighters fight at their natural weight (like the LW champion) but those fighters are few and far between. This was never in question.

Anderson Silva is huge compared to GSP. If GSP was the same size GSP would take him down and beat him. The size difference however, IMO is to much for GSP to overcome.

dream

EviLore said:
Jake Shields seriously has the weakest strikes I've ever seen from a professional MMA fighter in the modern era. It's like watching UFC 1 Royce Gracie in 2011. Except with 25 minutes of standup.

Kill me now.

And he has no wrestling ability! GSP literally fought circa 1993 Royce Gracie and couldn't beat him.

All I can do now is just laugh. Hominick grew another head and didn't seem to even care, and here is GSP freaking out in between rounds to the point where they have to calm him down from any little damage.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Tapiozona said:
Funny how St. Pierre is the conservative pussy now I remember this board saying the same shit about Anderson and his last..3 fights?

They're both afraid to lose.

Anderson has 2 decisions in his 13 UFC fights.

SolidSnakex said:

GSP doesn't have to do shit. If he doesn't want to take the fight on his own accord, you think he'll magically agree when he's basically being forced into it? He can just stay at 170 and there's nothing Dana can really do about it. He's a huge draw, what are they gonna do, cut him? Unless Anderson drops to 170 they can't force him into that fight.

GSP can just tell Dana he doesn't want it behind the scenes, Dana will stop bringing it up in public and start turning Silva/Bones into the next fantasy mega fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom