• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Sharing the same sandpit as tak3n, et-al? Must be cramped in there...

Can't help but laugh at people unable to see the increasing turmoil until there's riots in the streets. Or the rampant racism unless there's swastikas paraded.

It has to literally be the apocalypse until some people agree we should probably avoid it.

YouTube link:

https://youtu.be/V795QD08lW0

Absolutely disgusting. She says she lives in a middle class area and alot of it is pensioners who are instigating it.

Just repugnant. And while it shouldn't matter, aren't German individuals the highest net positive contributors to the British economy?

The one thing I've learned from the past week is that there will always be this contingent of people who are irredeemably uncompassionate. And the further this drags on, the more I'm convinced the compassionate are in the minority.

Dougald

Half my neighbours are elderly white people, and about 25% of them are younger asian families. Having heard thinly-disguised comments from the oldies before, I've been desperately avoiding all of them for weeks. They are nice enough people in many respects and I really don't want to hate them

AHA-Lambda

great, my parents who voted leave are now back from their 2 week holiday.

Argument ensues, all they can say is:

"BU BU BUT IMMIGRANTS"
and
"pfft economics, it'll be fine! We can be like Norway!"

He has absolutely no idea what's going on. Ever.

ChoaGcyXAAAty0F.jpg

DAMN XD

VDA (german car manufacturers association) "No access to single market without freedom of movement"

Damn wasnt the german car manufacturer argument the strongest one UK had?

GamingKaiju

The most frustrating thing for me is how everything around them is on fire and yet the politicians engage in power struggles within their parties. I get why it's happening, there was no plan after all *try not to cry* but come on. I don't care about the Labour people planning a coup, I don't care about Cameron playing games, just get your damn act together.

I 100% agree. I had to stop a chat with my brother since he's a leaver and I'm a in'ie because I'm so angry with the system in the UK right know. Only the Scottish have their heads screwed on.

Cameron making jokes yesterday at the commons. Fucking Jokes right when the whole country is divided smh.

I really hope the lib dems exploit the power vacuum in Westminster now. They could turn the tide.

jelly

VDA (german car manufacturers association) "No access to single market without freedom of movement"

It was nonsense, they sell something like 20% of vehicles to the UK but we sell 60% of ours to the EU. Leave are such morons.

UK holds no cards except the get out jail free card which they should bloody use!

Zaph

Listen. We are the ones in the position of power, so lets not have your little facts get in the way of that.

And they were supposed to pressure the German government into a single market + no freedom of movement deal for the UK lol.

Tosyn_88

German car manufacturing, as if it's only Britain that buys cars. Also that goes both ways because it then means the German firms will also cease any car investments in the UK, job loss and all that

dealer-

Holy shit. So much for things will carry on as usual.

Leavers, any suggestions what his dad and brother should do? Y'all were full of that good, everything will be okay shit before...

Where's your sense of adventure? We can ride this out and embrace a glorious new age.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This thread is huge.

Brexit |OT2| GAF Asks for a 2nd Thread
Brexit |OT2| We Thought We Were Getting 350 Pages
Brexit |OT2| Cameron Screwed a Pig, Then a Lion

liquidtmd

Banned
Schulz is open for the UK to change their mind about Brexit. This doesn't mean they can delay the Art. 50 negotiations, he continued.

Twist in the making?

http://m.heute.de

giphy.gif

2nd Referendum subtle wording

- Do you wanted to be fucked in the ass with a worse deal than you have now and change nothing in relation to why you voted Leave

- Do you want to Remain and just merely be laughed at for the next 50years about this

AntChum

Absolutely disgusting. She says she lives in a middle class area and it is pensioners who are instigating it.
I'm currently unemployed (probably will be for the foreseeable future at this rate), but I volunteer in a charity shop affiliated with a certain 'green' organization, and some of the shit you hear from the elderly customers makes my blood boil. The irony of them complaining about Syrian refugees while buying secondhand tat with money destined to help said refugees doesn't dawn on them. Without a shadow of a doubt, the best customers are the foreign ones: polite, helpful, not sacks of festering pus, they're great people.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
German car manufacturers are pretty involved with unions and politics (the state of Lower Saxony owns 20% of Volkswagen, for example). They aren't your average conscienceless investment bank.

Brexit IOT2I Britannia Waives the Rules

Edit: I get a nice chuckle out of Nicholas Soames (Churchill's Grandson, iirc) calling Farage in the EU this morning a dreadful cad. How British.

Doopliss

I found the question put to the PM yesterday about a second referendum on the details of brexit:
Video
Text:
Geraint Davies (Swansea West) (Lab/Co-op)

The complex negotiations prior to triggering article 50 will shape the future of Britain, so would it not be right for the British public, in the cold light of day, to have a referendum on the facts in front of them so that they can see the future, with a backcloth of being able to remain at home in Europe if they so wish?

The Prime Minister

We had a referendum on a very important, principled question about in or out. Now what needs to happen is that the different models of out need to be properly examined. Parliament should debate them, and the Government should make a decision. That is what needs to be carried out.
To me, him saying that the referendum was on a "principled question" is deliberately diminishing it as a practical mandate.

At other points in the session where the subject of a second referendum came up he said stuff like that the result should stand and the will of the people should be accepted, but on this specific question on another referendum regarding the details he seems to be saying that nothing should be ruled out.

Crumpo

Sounds like some of y'all need to taste from the Unity™ cup.

But seriously, everyone okay job wise? I haven't read the thread since my ban. Tak3n still desperately trying to validate his vote to leave by clinging to nonsensical news stories?

If you can't tell by the page count, you've missed a lot!

I've accepted the possibility of my job moving to Europe as an opportunity rather than a threat; the wife is supportive (her job in recruitment is kinda safe...expecting demand to fall off a cliff for next year). Guess that's my sense of adventure that we all are lacking.

I tried, three times now to discuss Tak3n's reasons for voting but he prefers to be a martyr, victimised by the angry remainers.

cormack12

Gold Member
Is there a single site setup that goes through each of the promises and just decimates them. That you can point the naysayers too.

GamingKaiju

giphy.gif

2nd Referendum subtle wording

- Do you wanted to be fucked in the ass with a worse deal than you have now and change nothing in relation to why you voted Leave

- Do you want to Remain and just merely be laughed at for the next 50years about this

If it means saving the UK and retaining our EU membership with benefits then I'll take being laughed at.

Hazzuh

Schulz is open for the UK to change their mind about Brexit. This doesn't mean they can delay the Art. 50 negotiations, he continued.

Twist in the making?

http://m.heute.de

To be clear, after invoking article 50 we can still try to cancel our withdrawal but only with the unanimous consent of the European Council (which I assume we'd get).

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I made a huge mistake.

I read the daily mail today, to see how the other side are reporting on this mess. I read richard littlejohn's column.

Now there's nothing I can do with this rage. Head butting the wall till it goes away is honestly feeling like the only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom