• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unboxing Wars have ended: Microsoft won

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Don't know, watched them all and the Xbox's "because they unboxed both XSX/XSS in some videos was rather short compared the PS5's single unboxing which in some almost double the time just looking at it and pointing out details and rotating it with a lot "Wow" and " I love that" "that's really cool!"
Compared to Xbox's "nice packaging", and literally ending the video once it was out the box...😂

Piku_Ringo

Banned
A lot of touchy Sony folks in here, I guess sorry you feel underappreciated by Sony so much so they didn't even bother putting in proper side padding. But at least the PS5 packaging is is nicer than the packing from the new shelf you guys had to purchase to fit that gigantic "console" looking thing in.

bWrpoYt.png

You need to try a bit harder than that if you are gonna fanboy, meng.

IDappa

I don't think packaging is all that important, but I've bought tons of Sony products over the years and I know for a fact they could've done better than this.
3FsBVip.jpg
Is this really the PS5 packaging?. I've purposefully not watched any console unboxing so when I pick them up it'll be new for me. Looks as if the PlayStation just fell into the box and Sony called it a day.

It's not a massive deal but there's something special about opening new tech that has well thought out presentation.

Its frustrating, as a paying customer who couldn't secure a launch Series X, to watch hundreds of wealthy (not all sure) influences receive free units. (and yes, i am aware that even if these units were made available for sale it would probably equate to 0.1% more units available). Still, lucky them.

Batiman

Banned
Lol.

Not that I give a shit but this was always true. I couldn’t believe how cheaply packaged my PS4 slim was compared to unboxing anything Xbox. It felt like I was unboxing some bootlegged crap is FF the Internet or something.

Tschumi

Okay for real, if I was hungry for flames I would totally make a thread saying "The Unboxing Wars Have Ended - Sony Won", and it's be just as vacuous as this one.

Top Bottom