• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

^Yeah I would've loved if it had skip conversations option, my game had a bug where I couldn't walk around anymore so I had to start over.

But this game is awesome! I'm halfway through the first episode.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I want Season 2 already. Besides the awful Episode 2 this game has been amazing. It's probably my game of the year.

Trigger

I want Season 2 already. Besides the awful Episode 2 this game has been amazing. It's probably my game of the year.

Um

igZfjn34kUCFI.gif

Thrakier

Is my savegame fucked? I finished Episode 4 but then Episode 5 says only "coming soon". If I restart the game, I can choose 5 and it's installed though it then asks me "do you want to skip story decisions for skipped episodes" becasue the last autosave is before the end of 4?

Is my savegame fucked? I finished Episode 4 but then Episode 5 says only "coming soon". If I restart the game, I can choose 5 and it's installed though it then asks me "do you want to skip story decisions for skipped episodes" becasue the last autosave is before the end of 4?
The exact same thing happened to me when starting Episode 3. I decided to generate random decisions nevertheless and luckily, they seem to match the decisions I have taken.

I think I'm getting near the end of Episode 3.

That story. That mother fucking story. Telltale are evil geniuses. It's the saddest shit I've ever seen (Grave of the Fireflies-like sad) and I like every minute of it.

The exact same thing happened to me when starting Episode 3. I decided to generate random decisions nevertheless and luckily, they seem to match the decisions I have taken.
Are you guys on PC or console?

It doesn't sound exactly like the problem I had, but this might be worth giving a look to see. If you're on PC, this is likely an issue with the "prefs.prop" file stored in two locations.
BACK ALL OF THESE FILES UP BEFORE DOING THIS

Go to your "My Documents" folder, TellTaleGames, Walking Dead, and there should be a folder or it might just be in the walking dead folder, but there should be a file titled "prefs.prop."
Next, go to your c drive, programs, steam, steamapps, common, telltalegames, walking dead, and I think it will be in the folder labeled "default." If you look at the date modified (or maybe created) it will likely be older than the one in your "My Documents" folder.
REMEMBER, BACK THESE UP FIRST
Replace your C Drive's version of the "prefs.prop" file with your My Documents version. It should be fine now.

Thrakier

Are you guys on PC or console?

It doesn't sound exactly like the problem I had, but this might be worth giving a look to see. If you're on PC, this is likely an issue with the "prefs.prop" file stored in two locations.
BACK ALL OF THESE FILES UP BEFORE DOING THIS

Go to your "My Documents" folder, TellTaleGames, Walking Dead, and there should be a folder or it might just be in the walking dead folder, but there should be a file titled "prefs.prop."
Next, go to your c drive, programs, steam, steamapps, common, telltalegames, walking dead, and I think it will be in the folder labeled "default." If you look at the date modified (or maybe created) it will likely be older than the one in your "My Documents" folder.
REMEMBER, BACK THESE UP FIRST
Replace your C Drive's version of the "prefs.prop" file with your My Documents version. It should be fine now.

PC Version. Still doesn't work. :(

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ugh, I just installed the game today, tried it for 3 minutes. Everything was running fine. I then decided to quit, opt into Steam's beta to enable game mode, plugged in my DS3 (using MotioninJoy drivers), plugged in my HDMI to play on TV, but whenever I tried to launch the game... nothing.

I reverted all the steps mentioned above to the old ways/settings, and still nothing. I reinstalled the game, nothing. I reinstalled Steam, nothing. I googled and tried to reinstall my DivX and run it in compatibility mode, but still nothing happens when I try to run.

The loading circling cursor appears for a few seconds but that's about it. The task manager shows "The walking dead - Steam" under Steam for a few seconds, but then it disappears.

I'm playing on my Asus G73JH, Win 8, AMD HD 5870, running latest stable drivers. Again, the game was running fine until I decided to move to the couch. Fuck the couch, I say!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Fuck this game. I've been messing around with everything for the past 4 hours, and it turns out that it was simply a matter of controller conflict. I just unplugged my controller and worked. Seriously?! I could have been playing all this time.

Finished the game. Telltale put David Cage and Hideo Kojima to shame. It may not be a 'real' game but it's the best experience I've had in (probably) the whole console generation.

Alpha_eX

Downloaded episode 5 on the Xbox, previously finished chapter 4 and had everyone coming with me.

Start episode 5, no one is with me.

What. The. Hell.

How can I fix this and has it happened to anyone else? I really don't want to continue this game if I can't get my save back, I feel devastated that my progress has been lost at the very end.

I feel cheated and won't ever finish this game if I have to play it in this state or spend 7 hours of my live doing it all over again. I can't even get a refund, what a rip.

Help me, GAF :(

SuperPac

A little bit of shameless self-promotion here. I am a host of the Player One Podcast. We'd been doing spoiler discussions of each episode as they came out, but now that the season is over we've compiled those chats into a 2.5-hour-long supercast.

Walking Dead Spoilercast supercut episode is now available on your podcast feed or at http://www.playeronepodcast.com/blo...episode-112912-the-walking-dead-spoilercasts/ You can also subscribe via iTunes if you like.

Direct downloads:

MP3 - http://www.playeronepodcast.com/audio/11_29_12-TWDSpoiler.mp3
M4A (with chapters) - http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/11_29_12-TWDSpoiler.m4a

Episode 1: Starts 0:00:40
Episode 2: Starts 0:24:15
Episode 3: Starts 0:59:17
Episode 4: Starts 1:26:40
Episode 5: Starts 1:51:55

Thanks to Telltale Games for making a game worth doing 2.5 hours of podcast on.

Kurtofan

I didn't look at this thread for fear of being spoiled, does the game spoil the tv series in any way?I've only seen Season 1 and don't want to be spoiled.

I didn't look at this thread for fear of being spoiled, does the game spoil the tv series in any way?I've only seen Season 1 and don't want to be spoiled.

Spoils a bit of information about the zombies themselves the series saves for late in season 2.

Otherwise, no, it's a different universe.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So trying to marathon this start to finish in time to be on a spoiler cast soon. Finished episodes 1 and 2 and I already am a broken man. I feel like I need a walking dead support group to hug and cry it out. I straight up let the timer expire on one of the decisions out of being straight up frozen like a deer in the headlights.

At first episodic releases sounds like a inconsequential thing, but now I see the need for a full month in between releases for the sanity of it's players. I need to finish it tomorrow, but I hear later episodes are even more fucked, so wish me luck. I worry any more of those brain lock inducing decisions will throw me into some sort of permanent brain lock status.

fallout

So trying to marathon this start to finish in time to be on a spoiler cast soon. Finished episodes 1 and 2 and I already am a broken man. I feel like I need a walking dead support group to hug and cry it out. I straight up let the timer expire on one of the decisions out of being straight up frozen like a deer in the headlights.

At first episodic releases sounds like a inconsequential thing, but now I see the need for a full month in between releases for the sanity of it's players. I need to finish it tomorrow, but I hear later episodes are even more fucked, so wish me luck. I worry any more of those brain lock inducing decisions will throw me into some sort of permanent brain lock status.
Yeah, you're in for a ride.

Once you're done, there's a support group here.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow these save issues are ridiculous. Seriously the only thing interesting about this game is the choice system, so how can they mess something like that up sooo badly and still not even have a patch for it this late in the game.

If only you could skip dialog like every single other telltale adventure ever made maybe it wouldn't half as annoying as it is now.

Kusagari

What the fuck man?

I see a lot of other people are having save problems when I just came in to bitch about mine.

I was in the middle of Episode 3, started up my game today and my only save file is back at the beginning of Episode 1.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Edit: Okay, I think my game on 360 is seriously fucked. I tried to start a new game on Episode 3 and it loads and puts me into Episode 1 anyway after it starts up.

iNvid02

wanna thank tatooth for giving me the season pass, just finished episode 1 and am enjoying it. surprising considering point and click adventure was never my thing.

Any fixes for the choppy game play on a ati card? My system should be running it fine but it gets choppy sometimes and its annoying.

blackflag

Fucking raging right now. Just finished ep2 and it is acting like I didn't play the previous ep. When I go to episode 3. Is there a workaround? I'm pissed and if there isn't I'm probably done. I don't want to continue with randomly generated decisions.

PS3 version

Edit: got it to work. I had to replay last chapter of ep. 2 twice but whatever.

So after seeing this got GotY on VGAs and the praise it's been getting on GAF I grabbed Episode 1 on iPad to play with my GF - after the episode ended she basically forced me to buy the whole season. Done with Ep. 2 now as well - THAT game!

Any other adventure games in this sense - I know Telltale has other ones on App Store. Which series is the best? My gf loves that there isn't much gameplay, you make choices and advance the story. It's like interactive comic book, but that's why she loves it.

So after seeing this got GotY on VGAs and the praise it's been getting on GAF I grabbed Episode 1 on iPad to play with my GF - after the episode ended she basically forced me to buy the whole season. Done with Ep. 2 now as well - THAT game!

Any other adventure games in this sense - I know Telltale has other ones on App Store. Which series is the best? My gf loves that there isn't much gameplay, you make choices and advance the story. It's like interactive comic book, but that's why she loves it.

There's nothing else like this. Sam & Max, BttF, Monkey Island are more traditional adventure games, no emphasis on choice. Jurassic Park is a bad clone of Heavy Rain (which is already pretty bad to begin with).

Back to the Future is probably the next simplest one. I'd recommend that if she likes the BttF movies.

The only one I can think off is Heavy Rain for PS3. It's pretty cheap nowadays. I heard many stories of gamers loving to play the game with their girlfriend/wife, since you have to make a lot of decisions too.
However, there is a 50% chance you will either like or hate the game. It varies a lot from gamer to gamer. I saw people hating the game and then after playing it they loved it and vice versa.

Just try it out I guess.

GuessWho

so I finished episode 4 which was fantastic, then decided to load up episode 5 and guess what...my save is gone!! It's forcing me to restart the whole GAME! Fucking POS buggy game.

There's nothing else like this. Sam & Max, BttF, Monkey Island are more traditional adventure games, no emphasis on choice. Jurassic Park is a bad clone of Heavy Rain (which is already pretty bad to begin with).

Back to the Future is probably the next simplest one. I'd recommend that if she likes the BttF movies.

The only one I can think off is Heavy Rain for PS3. It's pretty cheap nowadays. I heard many stories of gamers loving to play the game with their girlfriend/wife, since you have to make a lot of decisions too.
However, there is a 50% chance you will either like or hate the game. It varies a lot from gamer to gamer. I saw people hating the game and then after playing it they loved it and vice versa.

Just try it out I guess.

Thanks guys. I know Heavy Rain - I can already tell it is too much for her + she likes to play it on the tablet while laying down on the bed, no way to hook up PS3 for that.

How about Dragon's Lair and other similar games? Do they have a compelling storyline or are they mostly exercises in new technology at that time (CD-Rom)?

lol no, Dragon's Lair doesn't have a much story to speak of. That's all about reflex and memorizing what direction you have to go and watching yourself die 1000 times.

Ghost Trick or Phoenix Wright would be good choices.

lol no, Dragon's Lair doesn't have a much story to speak of. That's all about reflex and memorizing what direction you have to go and watching yourself die 1000 times.

Ghost Trick or Phoenix Wright would be good choices.

I wanted to try Ghost Trick, esp. since the first chapter is free! Is PW on iOS only the first game? We played through that on DS before.

Yeah the only PW in English on iOS is the first one. There's a "123 HD" version but I have no idea if that came out at all, certainly not in English at least. But yeah Ghost Trick is a real good choice then.

Kard8p3

So, I'm on episode 3, I think I ran into a glitch
I'm trying to start up the train..already did 6 and 5 correctly, but it won't let me interact with 9 at all

So, I'm on episode 3, I think I ran into a glitch
I'm trying to start up the train..already did 6 and 5 correctly, but it won't let me interact with 9 at all
Can you not get your mouse to move over that far?

I think I either had to back out to the menu and load it back up again to do it, or I just did a rewind to the start of that segment. Try backing out to the menu first, because I remember having issues with it as well.

Kard8p3

Can you not get your mouse to move over that far?

I think I either had to back out to the menu and load it back up again to do it, or I just did a rewind to the start of that segment. Try backing out to the menu first, because I remember having issues with it as well.

I was highlighting all over the switch, lol. I ended up quitting earlier and then restarting, still couldn't get it to work, so I'll try again tomorrow I suppose. If it matters, I'm playing on the 360, and it got some kind of patch today. I saw a few people with the same problem as me on GameFAQs.

Zia

So, is there much of a technical difference between the 360 and PS3 versions of this game? I'm going to play through it with the boyfriend, handing the controller back and forth, so the Mac version isn't an appealing option.

Every time I start playing this again (PC) I have to replay the last 5-10 minutes again. I even finished episode 2 and watched all of the credits and the "next time on" segment and got my stats but I still have to replay the end of the episode now before it will start episode 3. What the hell?

*Edit: This time I played about 30 minutes into season 3. Came back today and it wants to start me at the end of season 2 again. Anybody? I'm about to say forget this game and consider myself done with Telltale.

Top Bottom