• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

AngryMoth

Grrr, I've come back to episode 1 after all the awards it's been picking up but I can't remember how to do this stupid QTE properly on iOS. It's the one where it wants you to move your finger frantically from left to right or something, like wiggling an analogue stick, but I've had 4 goes at it now and have failed every time

Grrr, I've come back to episode 1 after all the awards it's been picking up but I can't remember how to do this stupid QTE properly on iOS. It's the one where it wants you to move your finger frantically from left to right or something, like wiggling an analogue stick, but I've had 4 goes at it now and have failed every time

Just choose a side and keep tapping that. Don't do both sides.

Le-mo

I just finished episode 1 and I was shocked at how engaging and intense it was. I saw one video of the game prior to purchasing it during the Amazon sale and my expectation was way low until I played it. I had to restart one time because I couldn't decide whether to save
Carley
or
Doug
. I chose
Doug
cause I assumed
Carley would use her gun to shoot the walker grabbing her feet
. A bad decision.

Le-mo

My save file is not being carried to episode 5. I finished episode 4 and decided to take a little break, came back and my last save point is at episode 3. Wtf. Is there a fix to this or am I stuck to having to replay episode 3 and finish the game through one sitting?

Edit: Found a solution and just finished Episode 5. Great fking game.

Neki

I bought this on sale on Steam a while ago, and I was wondering if anyone knew of some creative way of gifting this to my friend (who does not have a steam account), I wish I could buy this on physical media so it'd be easier to gift, lol. So far I'm thinking of making a fake box using one of my old game boxes and printing the Walking Dead cover to represent it, but that seems pretty lame.

Iceblade

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but is the game worth getting on 360? I remember hearing the Giant Bomb guys say it's a really shoddy port, but why? Cheers for the help!

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but is the game worth getting on 360? I remember hearing the Giant Bomb guys say it's a really shoddy port, but why? Cheers for the help!

I played the entire thing on 360. If you can get another version, get that. But don't let the low quality of the port stop you from playing it at all, it's still a wonderful game on the 360, there's just a lot of stuttering.

Good god this game really plays alot on the emotional and psychological mind.

Ive been a wreck a few times and felt guilty about some decisions and choices Ive made.

Probably the first game I know thats ever played so much on my feelings of any game Ive played.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just bought this on Steam and it won't even launch. Tried verifying cache, running as admin, restarted Steam, restarted PC. Nothing. Updated my drivers a few days ago too.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WalkingDead101.exe
Application Version: 2012.4.23.11289
Application Timestamp: 4f95e3ff
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f711
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f711
Additional Information 2: f711684b6a1803827999f61959208726
Additional Information 3: 6a1f
Additional Information 4: 6a1f4c9f4806249174b19d7c23925f32

Need some help.

Just bought this on Steam and it won't even launch. Tried verifying cache, running as admin, restarted Steam, restarted PC. Nothing. Updated my drivers a few days ago too.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WalkingDead101.exe
Application Version: 2012.4.23.11289
Application Timestamp: 4f95e3ff
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f711
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f711
Additional Information 2: f711684b6a1803827999f61959208726
Additional Information 3: 6a1f
Additional Information 4: 6a1f4c9f4806249174b19d7c23925f32

Need some help.

Try unplugging your Xbox 360 controller.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Still won't launch.

Fixed it by using this solution from a Steam thread:

If it's still not working, right-click the game's executable, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, and then check the options to run in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME. Also check the option to disable desktop composition.

KingKong

Is it just me or does Episode 3 really, really drag? I felt like I was stuck with that train forever. Maybe that's because it had the most adventure game "click on thing, then this thing, then talk to everyone" gameplay

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jesus Christ, I just finished episode 2 and I just...I just....fuck man. I figured out where the story was leading pretty quickly but god damn man, the choices...the choices. The opening scene in the forest, I had to cover my eyes.

This might be my GoTY.

Been playing for about a little over an hour and a half on my iPad.

So far I really like it. Love the characters, some amazing voice work, high emotions in so scenes, and really good dialogue.

Don't like the art direction at all though. I think this would've looked so much better and had a much bigger impact on me if they used more realistic visuals. There's also not really any...eh, gameplay to speak of lol. How this won GOTY is baffling to me.

Still, I'm enjoying it for what it is.

Goddamn, this game is good. I played the first episode, am definitely getting the rest. Probably gonna go for the PC version, though.

Wouldn't mind waiting for a European release of the disc set, though. Anyone got word on that?

U2NUMB

Alright I am gonna have to rage at this game right now.. I have seen others online have this glitch and I just ran into it.. Episode 2.. screen door.. that is all I am going to say to keep from spoilers but this part.. it is broken. What needs to pop up simply does not and I have died over 30 times using all the methods I have seen online.

I have 3 more episodes that I have purchased and at this point I have no desire to even try to get past this as nothing is working.

Has anyone here had this issue? Anyone from Telltale ever mention a fix on the way? As I said you can find many people raging over this issue online..

Edit: Ugh.. finally found a way to force it. Mash X on her face till it shows..

I just bought the season pass on PSN for it and downloaded the first episode. The ingame menu of "Downloadable content" now only has a "buy"-button available for the other episodes. I thought I paid for them with the season pass?!?

I just bought the season pass on PSN for it and downloaded the first episode. The ingame menu of "Downloadable content" now only has a "buy"-button available for the other episodes. I thought I paid for them with the season pass?!?

I *think* the price will show up as $0.00 when you go to checkout.

just finished episode 3 last night. shit was DARK y'all.

i actually flinched and felt my heart jump when
lilly shot carley
and was actually moved to tears when
katjaa and kenny were arguing over who was going to kill duck and i volunteered
. i can barely sympathize with that situation but i just felt so bad.

also
fuck ben that little shitheel. i ain't even mad at that kid for betraying us, but i'm sure as shit not going to save him if given the option.

also what is up with this game and goofy save game issues? every time i start it i have like a 10 minute period of figuring out why my save file is messed up. pretty lame.

Season 3 guys

Who destroyed the flash light?

Oh and this game is unexpectedly good, the decisions you have to make and the consequences you have to deal really hits you in the feels. goodamn

Season 3 guys

Who destroyed the flash light?

Oh and this game is unexpectedly good, the decisions you have to make and the consequences you have to deal really hits you in the feels. goodamn

in my game, i assumed it was
***ben***
given that
he fesses up to the betrayal.
there was a small part of me that wanted to restart episode 3 because of how certain things went down, but like somebody on the bombcast said "you already know terrible things are going to happen, so even when something terrible happens to somebody you like, you just sort of accept it as part of the story and keep going."

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey, so is the game buggy at all on the 360? I played the first episode on my 360, and I really enjoyed it. I'm deciding whether to buy this on PC or 360. With all I've heard about save issues, the game not launching, and Telltale hating ATI, would 360 be the better bet for me? Is there anything else I should know? For what it's worth, I'm not hung up about the graphics being slightly worse.

Thanks!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh jesus, the first choice in episode 5, oh my fucking god. I just can't, I can't do this anymore, fuck.

Pancakes

Welp, finished episode 5.

Now I'm sobbing like a little bitch. This is definitely my GoTY.

Only just got around to the last two episodes recently and it was fucking amazing, certainly GOTY contender for me only really challenged by Journey.

I just started the second season and know I'm in the woods with some guy with a hunting rifle and glasses
Who is this? He was never introduced..

It did say 3 months later, don't worry about it, you're obviously not supposed to know yet.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I just came back to the thread cause I heard someone write "second season". Now I will leave again, disappointed.

This game :(

Just finished the game.

WOW :'(

I NEVER would have thought the story from a videogame would have such a large emotional effect on me. Man tears.

Man, I'm annoyed that for some reason, Kenny doesn't remember I backed him up during Episode 1. Maybe the zombie pandemic caused alzheimer's, too.

Ragus

Banned
Great, a motherfucker on a message board spoiled me the ending of this game.

Fucking awesome, and I was in the 3rd episode. I want to punch his face through the wall. I'm not even sure if I want to play this game anymore.

Man, I'm so fucking pissed.

Trigger

Great, a motherfucker on a message board spoiled me the ending of this game.

Fucking awesome, and I was in the 3rd episode. I want to punch his face through the wall. I'm not even sure if I want to play this game anymore.

Man, I'm so fucking pissed.

You gotta see it through. Experiencing the ending is far different from just reading it.

Ragus

Banned
You gotta see it through. Experiencing the ending is far different from just reading it.

Yeah, I guess so. I mean it wasn't all the ending, I just know that
Lee is going to die
, but I'm afraid it can be more than enough.

Motherfucker. I wish I could hate him to death.

Lint21

Neo Member
Played through this over the last 2 days. Never liked the show, never read the comics.

Absolutely amazing. Most gripping gaming experience I can recall. It's a game, yeah, but more of an /experience/. From an old-school adventure gamer perspective, I can say that I've never seen this level of story-telling in games. It could elevate the medium of video games past movies, given the interactivity and opportunity for more in-depth character development, etc.

My GF enjoyed the game as much as I did - she started bugging me first thing this morning to play episode four :). As we finished the final chapter, she was in tears
and I was too

Incredible experience. So impressed by TellTale.

Smeghead

Can someone help me out? I've finished episode 3 and every time i select episode 4 it starts up episode 1, what the fuck is going on?

Is this a glitch or something? Do i have to replay 3 again? Fuck that.

EDIT: Never mind. I copied my save file to another slot and selected it from there. Seems to be working.

Just finished. Yeah, this is not how I'm used to feeling after a video game. Probably my game of the year. So drained, reality has sort of desaturated for me, my last memory of feeling like this was
the red wedding
from A Storm of Swords.

painey

I have around $2000 worth of games unplayed, sitting there, yet I just powered through this $10 game in 4 days. Superb. While I was not really a fan of the Lee's voice actor, I thought it was amazing and the ending genuinely made me cry. I got the feeling on episode 2 though that most of my decisions really didn't matter.. and that if there was ever an option like 'kill person x or not' that person x would die regardless very soon after, even if i let them live. I will probably check out youtube videos to see how different a playthrough could be.

Croc

Banned
Okay I have not followed this game at all and know literally nothing about it. I've heard the hype and saw it on sale on Steam so I'm looking into it now for me and possibly as a gift for my BF. I watched all of the trailers on Steam and read the stuff in the OP but I still can't figure out what the gameplay is like.

Can someone describe the gameplay to me? Is it an FPS, is there gunplay? Is it more like a point n' click adventure game?

Top Bottom