• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I don't understand why people get upset because IdeaMan shares his info this way. I mean, you prefer that he comes here, post a detailled list of hardware specs of Wii U, leaking all detailled fonction, line-up and show a screen of a game running ?
I mean, it would be dangerous for his source. Also the way he shares his info is supposed to keep the hype and not spoil E3. I mean, I rather have some little hints/infos/rumors and discover it at E3 instead of knowing everything and finding E3 useless.

People resent that he has to sit on it... and then returns to remind us he's sitting on interesting info on a daily basis.

----

In other news, I've been browsing the patent websites and have noticed two things from all of the Wii U patents. One, a wiimote is included in the list of diagrams. Is this a hint that they plan on including it in the box? And two, there isn't a picture of the case anywhere I've seen, leading me to speculate that Nintendo has no intention of staying with the current case design.

I'm afraid you've missed my point entirely. I don't care about Ideaman's content. If people like it, great. I'm criticizing his conduct. Seriously. He has none of the class of harker or wsipple etc.

And your generalisations confound me. Are they aimed at me? Other detractors? Are people not free to criticise?

There's only one person to blame for this tiresome cycle and that's Ideaman himself.

Put him on fucking ignore and drop it! Sheesh :p

NBtoaster

I wish there was a way to seethe difference in 1080 and 720p for myself. Something along the lines a of a blue ray disc with three sample games switching between the modes. Also, comparisons between 60 and 30fps along with anti-aliasing techniques. It may turn out 720p @ 30fps but with best AA may may be more pretty than 1080p/30fps with no anti-aliasing.

-----
Hey, are there any non-racing games by Nintendo that are 60fps?

It can depend on the game on which looks better.

Some examples:

720p native 8xAA, upscaled to 1080:
http://i.minus.com/ibvl1lKLrcLtzr.jpg
1080p no AA
http://i.minus.com/ibkrDCJKt27x61.jpg

720p 8xAA upscaled to 1080:
http://i.minus.com/ibsuWzBkhrztVg.jpg
1080p no AA
http://i.minus.com/iLPHig2fTYAek.jpg

MYE

We should choose a random, quiet junior member and cheerlead him into GAF-celebrity status against his will.
Poor thing wouldnt know what hit him.

Yup, i'm bored

DrWong

I'm afraid you've missed my point entirely. I don't care about Ideaman's content. If people like it, great. I'm criticizing his conduct. Seriously. He has none of the class of harker or wsipple etc.

And your generalisations confound me. Are they aimed at me? Other detractors? Are people not free to criticise?

There's only one person to blame for this tiresome cycle and that's Ideaman himself.
Just stop please. You're not saying anything new and these reactions are more annoying than IdeaMan style/posts are supposed to be.

Reggie does not even post here and GAF give him shit all the time SMH

GAF has no respect at all for our Nintendo overlords

When we finally know more about the WiiU we will find new ways to give them a hard time

Fantastical

Death Prophet
LOL so there's even pics out now?

Oh well, it seems I was too late to give any kind of interesting news since the only worthwhile one got already out (analog sticks instead of slide pads).

But hey, we read and speculated about fuck all for weeks so I'll lay it down anyway just because:

He's working on a port.
Game won't look better, using the same assets as PS360, :(
going to implement AA, a "neat filter" (?) and advanced particles effects only if they've got enough time (it's supposed to be a launch game) and budgets allows it: it's not in the cards at this moment although it'd be possible.
I liked the idea on how they're using the screen but it seems obvious honestly.
I don't like these games, I think they're crap.

He doesn't know how far you can take the tablet to stream games.
The platform is incredibly welcoming from a dev pow, their team is much smaller than what you usually have to port a game. They're a B team porting an A team's game.
They're building the same kind of online as ps360, so that's reassuring.
The tablet is amazing and comfortable. They're not implementing Wii Remote controls.
me' "fuck that!" him: "the tablet is awesome man!' me: "I hate those fucking slide pads like on 3DS" him' " they weren't like that and anyway they've actually become analog sticks for a while now"
Me "is the system more fuckin' poweful then current gen?!" my mate: "of course it is" :D
me "holy shit!" him' "don't get too excited now" -_-
His pub has a big game coming for Wii U which hasn't been announced yet.
The console is still called Wii U.

So yeah, nothing to see here sorry! At least I didn't tease shit or anything :)
And this is all I have, not holding back stuff for the future and I don't have multiple sources ahah
If the Wii U ends up being an it-can-play-Crysis 4 machine then I'm not to be held responsible for these infos, I gave what I was fed. I've known the guy for 6 years and I know 100% is working on Wii U.

ps
Yay, surgery went well and I'm alive :p
pps
Lol, this reads like a Sponge rumour post, I'm kinda ashamed of that but I thought you guys wanted me to post it anyway rather than not. Right?

This post was made last night. It's not a huge rumor or anything, but I just saw the new 007 Legends trailer, and I think that's the game he's talking about. We have already heard it's coming to the Wii U from another poster. Apparently Dash is British, and Eurocom is the developer of 007 Legends.

Reggie does not even post here

Reggie.jpg

Ryoku

I really don't want to drag this on further, but you asked a valid question, and I'll answer accordingly. I was referring not only to you, but others who bring up the bashing. You're entitled to your opinions as much as I am, but rather than keeping the posts relevant to the topic, the bashing derails the thread entirely for pages (I'm on 50 posts per page). It's something I'd rather keep away from. I rarely post in the first place. I'll admit that some of the teasing gets to me, but we all should remain skeptical of any rumors. At least IdeaMan keeps the thread interesting and most importantly, on-topic.

Coen

I find Ideaman to be such a bore. I don't care what he has to say, I usually just gloss over it. But all the conditional bullshit and the 'i'll have something new soon' malarkey is so insulting. In this thread there's a nice community of Nintendo fans who have been waiting patiently, for almost a year, to learn of all the weird and wonderful things Nintendo has in store for their next console cycle as Wii owners watched their console die a muted death. And then there's Ideaman who can't just pop in for a nice friendly chat every now and then like the other more humble insiders. No, instead he has to make a celebrity out of himself. It's almost a convincing parody of the industry itself when you see him making an announcement of announcement which nearly always culminates in a fairly mundane release of information.

But frankly the most irritating thing about Ideaman are these meta-discussions that ultimately derail this thread and make it dull. I was bored writing this post.

Nicely said.
These threads used to be about sharing ideas on WiiU's capabilities, but these days it's more about supposed insiders releasing tiny bits of obvious information about old development kits and people discussing the merits of said leaks and leakies. I have half a mind to open a thread to speculate on gameplay ideas, but I'm sure the mods would disapprove of two threads with the same basic idea.

z0m3le

Banned
lol I tried to catch up on the last like 10 pages, but I just ran into Ideaman bashing, seriously I know this thread can trail off topic, but it's ridiculous, there are more important things to talk about. (notices BP is banned, and he assumed his next ban was for good) BP, even I will miss you, you brought a certain insanity to these threads that no one can ever replace. I hope you are making a new account, if so do something like friedpork; because, well lets face it, with your posting style, there is no way you could hide it was you.

Can you guys imagine a game bigger than GTA/RDR, with graphics beyond Uncharted 3, Lighting on par with the Bird demo and NPC acting on par with LA Noire? Wii U should be able to give us this... I really hope there is a studio ready to show us something "next gen" at E3.

So beyond the controller pic, was there any new news or rumors in the last 30pages? I've been gone since NeoGaf went down last night.

MYE

Post 10 first-party Wii U games at E3. GO!

Wii Fit U
U like Music? (Wii Music2)
Wii Sports 2
U Play Now! (Wii Play 2)
Angry Birds X Fling Smash 4 U
Mii Adventure in Uland
Tablet Chess
Tablet Flip Note
Tablet Hangman
New Super Mario Bros Mii (its the Wii game with Miis)

:close curtains

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Apparently the Mexican Patent Office won't let you see patent records without ponying up some money first...
Dear Mr. Gahiggidy,

You has already buy the full document of Patente Num: MX229699

The price for full document is:
$46 USD (TAX including)

Please pay $46 USD via wire transfer whit this information:

Bank: Scotiabank Inverlat, S.A.
Company: INFOPAT, S.A. DE C.V.
Account Number: 001 0734 3345
CLABE: 0441 8000 1073 4334 53
Total amount: $460.00

When you has make payment, please send by fax (+5255)(90 00 09 79) or email (infopat@infopat.com.mx) a copy of payment receipt; after payment you will receive the document into 2 - 5 working days (after fax).

You will receive the full documkent in PDF Format in your email account.

Note:

USD Prices.
In order you can view an example of document, click follow web link:
http://www.infopat.com.mx/Documentos/MX200632.pdf

Thanks a lot.

SELL TEAM

INFOPAT S.A DE C.V.
Tel: (+52 55) 90 00 09 79
El Lameo.

ace3skoot

Reggie does not even post here and GAF give him shit all the time SMH

GAF has no respect at all for our Nintendo overlords

When we finally know more about the WiiU we will find new ways to give them a hard time

I think you would surprised who post on Gaf. Just cause a poster is quiet and doesn't draw attention to there celebrity doesn't mean there not here taking notes and laugthing there faces off.

Post 10 first-party Wii U games at E3. GO!

1. Mario Mii
2. Ice Climbers (eShop)
3. Umote only game. Maybe a board game.
4. Wii U _______
5. Mario Paint (eShop)
6. Battalion Wars
7. Starfox(don't know about Metroid crossover)
8. A new IP for eShop that interacts with the 3DS
9. Nintendo Video Call - This will be a bigger app than any of us think and will allow for games to be played over it.
10. Duck Hunt with U-Zapper

Bonus: Trauma Center, and it will be awesome.

guit3457

Crazy prediction (I keep fighting my own war on this XD):

Valve releases Dota 2 for the Wii U (Steam cross platform game) and with NFC capabilities. Each hero with his/her corresponding figurine and Valve would sell the figurines in their web store or everywhere.....My wallet is already crying with that thought

XDDDDDD

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
http://thewiiu.com/topic/3579-ubisoft-employee-leaks-a-massive-load-of-wii-u-info/

So on a scale from 1 to 37 how accurate do you think these rumors are guise?

This thread exists so turd rumours like this can be buried under mountains of forgetful posts, forgot to the ages.

That's how accurate it is.

Crazy prediction (I keep fighting my own war on this XD):

Valve releases Dota 2 for the Wii U (Steam cross platform game) and with NFC capabilities. Each hero with his/her corresponding figurine and Valve would sell the figurines in their web store or everywhere.....My wallet is already crying with that thought

XDDDDDD

I don't think Valve would dick around consumers like that.

1. Mario Mii
2. Ice Climbers (eShop)
3. Umote only game. Maybe a board game.
4. Wii U _______
5. Mario Paint (eShop)
6. Battalion Wars
7. Starfox(don't know about Metroid crossover)
8. A new IP for eShop that interacts with the 3DS
9. Nintendo Video Call - This will be a bigger app than any of us think and will allow for games to be played over it.
10. Duck Hunt with U-Zapper

Bonus: Trauma Center, and it will be awesome.

9 kicks ass.

z0m3le

Banned
Retro's game is my best bet for that, if it's there.

Yeah, that is why I really hope Retro is working on something that doesn't have a fox in a spaceship.

I can also hope for Monolith to show something stunning... they have had a longer time to work on something and I feel they are also one of the few first party studios that will try to push the hardware right out of the gate.

3D Mario Dev too, and of course Zelda Devs could have something to show... Those are pretty much going to be the Devs to show off the hardware from a first party perspective, but I'm hoping platinum games is there with something too and maybe some other 3rd party studios... Would be nice to get RE6 shown for Wii U with some enhanced graphics (lighting mostly) and maybe GTAV confirmation (just a logo would do for them)

I have the only HONEST 10 List on here :)

shame on you all

gone to get breakfast then going to sleep all morning and wake up to IdeaMan's Revenge when I return

volpone

Banned
One cool thing that Pachter was talking about on the Bonus Round is the potential longevity of the PS3 and the 360. Even when their successors are released it doesn't mean they will be put in the ground. Like the PS2, these two platforms will have a few years more life in them while adoption of next gen consoles takes on a more gradual process due to higher costs. Third parties will still continue to develop for them in large until the install bases of the PS4 and Durango become more sustainable.

The Wii U will only compliment this continued development. Similar to how the PS2, PSP and Wii built a strange ecosystem of shared development a few years back. So we shouldn't have to worry about down-ports for some time if the next gen consoles are potentially plagued with up-ports at first.

They also said because of 3DS it would be priced 350-400€.:p
But I was speaking of specs (HD6770, 2GB of Ram, UE4 support)

Some of that list seems very plausible and some is just outright silly.

Maybe some of it it is true and the nonsensical stuff is thrown in there so it doesn't get too much attention or is believed.

pramath

Banned
Okay, ten games?

Super Mario Galaxy 3: Universe
New Super Mario Bros. Mii
Super Smash Bros. Rumble
Mario Kart 8
F-Zero HD
Metroid Dread/Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 3
Eternal Darkness 2
Retro Studio's New IP