• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

I bet Sony's willing to counter the Wii U hype with that statement that they will reveal the "future of gameplay and innovation" at E3. I wonder what those sly bastards have up their sleeves.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You're right. I should have stated Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 3. :p

I don't think that either came out in America though.

Well none of them came out in America so it would be

Rosy Rupeeland 3 for Japan
Rosy Rupeeland 2 for Europe
and Rosy Rupeeland for America.

Blame IGN.

HylianTom

Banned
The Wii U subscreen actually looks more like a traditional controller with a screen, than a tablet with pads and buttons.

That's what I tend to think. The part of me that missed non-motion gaming, upon seeing the Wii U controller, was a bit happy about this aspect of the whole deal.

The main way it could get better, as I've said before, is if they were to transplant the GameCube's A-B-X-Y button pattern onto the right-hand side of the controller. Love that big green "WIN" button. :)

They didn't put themselves in a bind with a motion only controller then and they have the best of both worlds now.
BINGO!!!

That's what I tend to think. The part of me that missed non-motion gaming, upon seeing the Wii U controller, was a bit happy about this aspect of the whole deal.

Nintendo knows what's up.

Wii Remote.....What the fuck??? How do I play regular games with THAT??????

~enter nunchuk half~

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

They didn't put themselves in a bind with a motion only controller then and they have the best of both worlds now.

GameE

People have gotta start using common sense when it comes to retailer listings and stuff like that.....one of the many reasons I stopped visiting the banned Nintendo site.

I'm watching South Park on Netflix, has Cartman always been a Nintendo fan? I know he waited in the Snow for the Wii release but I am watching Season 13, Episode 3 and he is keeps talking about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for Nintendo DS

does Nintendo pay for this kind of stuff?

any chance of Cartman hyping up WiiU?

Nilaul

I think I'd laugh more than anything else. Then, I'd go onto google for some sort of cute popcorn gif. The reactions would probably be almost as fun as the game itself.

Then tingle takes out a gun and says ,"Hula Hula!"
And starts shooting and creats a havoc around him,
In trailer Commenter says "Its all about kicking ass and taking names"
Scene changes:
You see a big heavy gun being dragged across the floor. the camera zooms out, to reveal Tingles back, and in the far the dust clears off to reveal Ganon
Tingle then says "Ganon! You messed with the wrong fairy"

Trailer Ends
Tingle's Revenge

ozfunghi

So, any news yet in over 50 pages?

Other than so called blockbuster leak (wasn't GRO free to play? then why is it on that list?)? I see BGassassin has been more active in this thread. Any interesting speculations concerning hardware?

guek

Banned

Other than so called blockbuster leak (wasn't GRO free to play? then why is it on that list?)? I see BGassassin has been more active in this thread. Any interesting speculations concerning hardware?

It's been an especially slow weekend for news. Must be because everyone's out watching Avengers (as they should be)

antonz

We know now that Gearbox is developing a 2nd game that will arrive on the Wii U. Based on development platforms should be a Wii U Shop title

We know now that Gearbox is developing a 2nd game that will arrive on the Wii U. Based on development platforms should be a Wii U Shop title
What's that mean, though? I mean, even the Wii-U Zelda is going to be available on the Wii-U Shop. With the Wii-U, Nintendo is getting rid of the idea of the shop as being only for smaller titles.

What's that mean, though? I mean, even the Wii-U Zelda is going to be available on the Wii-U Shop. With the Wii-U, Nintendo is getting rid of the idea of the shop as being only for smaller titles.

Right, but there will still be games that are download only. Just like with PSN and XBL.

Based on the number of pages you mentioned, I'm assuming you missed the post about the circle pads (if they are remaining) being clickable. And yeah I've had a very free weekend. I found a Smash Bros video last night that was rather interesting. Speaking of that video it had 106k+ views in almost three years and since I posted it last night it's gotten almost 2000 views.

We do? Where was this mentioned?

And the PSNJ/XBLA/Wii U game from Sega to me is Sonic Adventure 2. I can't see this being a new IP, and Hell Yeah was already announced so I'm sure the game would've been shown in name on the profile.

antonz

We do? Where was this mentioned?

And the PSNJ/XBLA/Wii U game from Sega to me is Sonic Adventure 2. I can't see this being a new IP, and Hell Yeah was already announced so I'm sure the game would've been shown in name on the profile.

Title is listed as unannounced for the platforms. and i missed a platform its also for PC

Terrell

Which is probably the best thing that could happen to console DD services.

It's tough to say that Nintendo isn't taking online seriously when they're the first console maker to push their digital distribution system to parity with Steam.

ozfunghi

Based on the number of pages you mentioned, I'm assuming you missed the post about the circle pads (if they are remaining) being clickable. And yeah I've had a very free weekend. I found a Smash Bros video last night that was rather interesting. Speaking of that video it had 106k+ views in almost three years and since I posted it last night it's gotten almost 2000 views.

The circle pads being clickable? Is this speculation or leaked/rumored?

I've seen you mentioning target specs for PS4. Any word on target specs for WiiU (GPU)? Are you still thinking around 500 Gflops + some fixed functions to push it further?

I've seen you mentioning target specs for PS4. Any word on target specs for WiiU (GPU)? Are you still thinking around 500 Gflops + some fixed functions to push it further?

It's a leak.
Was pretty early in the thread.

Leak. (beaten)

It's funny that I essentially know more on PS4 than Wii U. But as of now, that's about the best guess I can make based on what I know on Wii U's GPU. Wsippel's perspective was slightly different I believe but foundationally the same. We'll see how that "first stage" of the GPU turns out.

I like having folding@home on PS3. I wonder what the chances are of having something like it on Wii U. Maybe UW could make http://fold.it/portal/ work on WiiU since it is interactive and could probably be distributed as a DD.

I understand the premise of what it does, but how do you as the hardware owner benefit from what it does?

Reggie: "Now before we go, we have one more surprise for all you gamers."

*Miyamoto comes out dressed as Tingle*

Reggie: "That's right. We at Nintendo know gamers have been begging for a Zelda spinoff. Here's our little spin on the Zelda franchise."

*Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 2 trailer plays*

Reggie: "This game will be launching along side the Wii U and is developed by Retro Studios"

bcUpD.gif

Yeah, that's another drum I've been banging for a while.

I doubt it, sadly. Hopefully, Nintendo will do a better job of adapting to the realities of Western gaming culture in other respects.

It just seems like a move that could help them a lot as far as how core gamers view them. Both Sony and MS have made pushes this gen to have ways of keeping their fans constantly updated with their projects. Not just through magazines but also through blogs. The PSblog has been one of Sony's best moves this gen. You get daily updates on all things PS. From Sony's own games to PS minis, PSN games etc. Mini's probably wouldn't receive much attention without the blog. So that actually be one way that Nintendo could help some of their Wiiware/e-shop devs. Having a blog on their own site would allow for those games to receive a lot of attention.

I bring up Sony because they were viewed as being arrogant and closed off going into this generation. The blog was one of the first things that they did this generation to show that were going to be changing things.

The Smash Dojo showed that Nintendo can do similar things. That received a ton of attention from people on forums to gaming websites. I'm not suggesting that they should slowly reveal every single thing about all of their games, but it's definitely helpful to at least have a slow trickle of news so that people won't forget about a game.

You know what? Screw mass marketing price :p lets have photo realealistic graphics today :p

:: A DUAL Graphics card based on QuadroFX 5800(drivers were re-written for gaming), with a mighty 240 cores (3,000 dollars x 2 = 6,000).
:: 64 GB of ram.
:: Processor? (Anyone knows the best processor for a graphic workstation)?

We can complete this list together to create the true beast console.

Just so you know the Quadro cards have the same hardware as the gamer cards, the only difference is the drivers.

HylianTom

Banned
It just seems like a move that could help them a lot as far as how core gamers view them. Both Sony and MS have made pushes this gen to have ways of keeping their fans constantly updated with their projects. Not just through magazines but also through blogs. The PSblog has been one of Sony's best moves this gen. You get daily updates on all things PS. From Sony's own games to PS minis, PSN games etc. Mini's probably wouldn't receive much attention without the blog. So that actually be one way that Nintendo could help some of their Wiiware/e-shop devs. Having a blog on their own site would allow for those games to receive a lot of attention.

I bring up Sony because they were viewed as being arrogant and closed off going into this generation. The blog was one of the first things that they did this generation to show that were going to be changing things.

The Smash Dojo showed that Nintendo can do similar things. That received a ton of attention from people on forums to gaming websites. I'm not suggesting that they should slowly reveal every single thing about all of their games, but it's definitely helpful to at least have a slow trickle of news so that people won't forget about a game.

Idea:
implement this "constantly-in-touch" principle in the form of a channel (or multiple channels) on the Wii U. Preview videos, music samples, developer and artist interviews..

Put such a channel front and center, pre-installed on the console so that it can't be missed. Don't be afraid to feature third-party games. Update it daily. It'd be a pretty solid idea, and would probably go a long way in helping sales.

{I'm not crazy about online stuff, but I am trying to embrace it to some small extent. :) }

BD1

Banned

Nintendo's community engagement is pathetic, quite frankly. Especially considering its massive, loyal, rabid fan base.

BD1

Banned
Idea:
implement this "constantly-in-touch" principle in the form of a channel (or multiple channels) on the Wii U. Preview videos, music samples, developer and artist interviews..

Put such a channel front and center, pre-installed on the console so that it can't be missed. Don't be afraid to feature third-party games. Update it daily. It'd be a pretty solid idea, and would probably go a long way in helping sales.

{I'm not crazy about online stuff, but I am trying to embrace it to some small extent. :) }

The only problem with that is that it restricts the audience to those who already have Wii U. They should be better leveraging social media and community building so they can touch potential customers as well.

I'm watching South Park on Netflix, has Cartman always been a Nintendo fan? I know he waited in the Snow for the Wii release but I am watching Season 13, Episode 3 and he is keeps talking about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for Nintendo DS

does Nintendo pay for this kind of stuff?

any chance of Cartman hyping up WiiU?
He also did an episode about the PSP where the show was mainly about the Terry Shivo case with Cartman and Kenny....

The only problem with that is that it restricts the audience to those who already have Wii U. They should be better leveraging social media and community building so they can touch potential customers as well.

Well they do have twitters and facebooks and the Nintendo Directs and their own YouTube channel and all that.

Terrell

Leak. (beaten)

It's funny that I essentially know more on PS4 than Wii U. But as of now, that's about the best guess I can make based on what I know on Wii U's GPU. Wsippel's perspective was slightly different I believe but foundationally the same. We'll see how that "first stage" of the GPU turns out.

Wait... you KNOW more on PS4, or we have more substantial hardware leaks about it that can't be confirmed or denied? How's that work exactly when the hardware is at least a year and a half til it's out? That'd be like knowing the WiiU spec prior to E3 2011.

Idea:

Nintendo Channel was a good idea and works under this principle, except that it was totally optional and didn't actually work unless you were actively in the channel.

I think that the social channels like Everybody Votes and Check Mii Out, coupled with Nintendo Channel, were sort of a precursor, a testing ground, for the next phase. We saw a bit of it with the 3DS, I assume they're just going to vastly expand upon that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom