• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Man, I missed a fuck load of stuff didn't I? Ace getting perm'd is kinda whoa. All the 07ers are getting sniped, hide yo' kids, hide yo DRCs.

I always thought it was rather strange Link had a tan in the E3 demo. Tetra Link.

Best Link & Best Zelda had a baby and the demo Link is the result. :lol

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, people said I should creep EatChildren with the Falco is Chozo thingie. I guess I'll stick with this until I find a good item ball art.

I guess Samus will wonder why there's a buff blue bird holding her powerup but nvm

That was me actually. I recolored your avatar gray to match a Chozo, but it just didn't seem right. What you currently have right now is good because people can tell instantly what it is.

Muscle Falco will be in Starfox x Metroid.

I'm sure Retro Studios will deliver a looker, whatever they're making. The original Metroid Prime still looks great to this date, and DKCR has such fantastic art style that I cry tears of blood it's in standard definition.

Yes, they really do. It's scary how nice those games look in Dolphin, actually. I'd go as far to say their graphics would be praised, even if the games were copied/pasted on 360/PS3.

I remember the first time I played Mario Kart Wii on my 1080p TV. The frame rate was horrible, but I was extremely overjoyed that the item boxes looked so nice. :p

Roo

Ace is coming back, right?

Nice to be here with y'all still. :D

8TCUx.gif

So I learned a lesson today...never, ever post again.

Even though I have June 5th off, I'm not going to post. I'll probably do something really really stupid.

R.I.P. Ace. You were like a long lost brother, who never got to know each other, to me.

Roo

So I learned a lesson today...never, ever post again.

Even though I have June 5th off, I'm not going to post. I'll probably do something really really stupid.

I'll do the same as Hyliam and I won't post anything during Nintendo's conference.
Like he said, nobody reads anything because there's like 500 post per minute so it is pointless.

Better post when dust settles down a bit :p

HylianTom

Banned
Only in our hearts

But in that case, he never left

He will live on in all of us. We shall carry his enthusiasm forward.

But yeah.. this thread is all I'll be in until next Sunday or Monday when E3 begins. I like the comfortable dialogue in here anyway. A good group of like-minded folks discussing all things Nintendo, off the beaten path (Community), with minimal trolling? This is a pretty good spot to hunker-down in.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'll do the same as Hyliam and I won't post anything during Nintendo's conference.
Like he said, nobody reads anything because there's like 500 post per minute so it is pointless.

Yeah, might as well be on /v/. I don't think I'll be too emotional at all. I probably won't even be able to watch the conference as it's happening.

botty

Banned
How strange... why did some people in here spend a year anticipating Nintendo's e3 conference only to get banned right before it?

It makes me sad that I won't get to see some reactions from people who frequent these threads often, especially since this thread was some incentive for me to join neogaf. I was actually more excited for BP's meltdown @ e3 than the actual conference. Now Ace is banned? This is really terrible.

Well at least the godfather of Wii U speculation is still around.

bgassassin

Only 10 more days, so no more bans guys...
especially Tom and Anthony

Lyude77

I post half as much as I intend to post due to my constant second-guessing about whether or not what I'm about to post is worth it. Typically makes me a silent one in most forums, but I've never gotten in trouble, so something there is working.

Same here, and all the posts that I decide not to make are probably harmless (been here 2 years and just became a member a few months ago). Heck, I don't even have an avatar, so I completely lack notoriety (nice avatar by the way). My main problem is just a lack of transition within my posts, but I don't think poor writing is a bannable offense. Maybe I'll post more in this thread for fun.

Catching up from a long time ago, the only port I might really want is Arkham City, and considering that I haven't played Arkham Asylum much, I might just wait. Having a 360 this gen has soured me on buying non-Nintendo or Atlus games for full price since everything seems to end up at $20 a month or so later (or $10 or $5, even). I realize it's not great for the third party situation, but I think third parties should make more games I want instead of me buying more games I don't want.

Thanks, Nirolak, for the clarification, by the way. I somewhat learned my lesson on the hive-mind point by accidentally insulting developers' creativity (I clarified in my next post when I realized it), but it's good to have the reminder.

RIP Ace, Poo, jump_button.

Okay, last version for today since I need to sleep now; if you want to join HYPE town, then send me a message.

My avatar being nothing means I'm already there, haha.

nordique

See guys, if it wasn't for Thraktor's (quite elaborate and eloquent) response I'd have never seen bg's original paging. Who said something about WUSTs slowing down on the community side? Anyhow, let me try and answer the darn question.

I largely share Thraktor's take on dedicated/primarily raytracing-targeting silicon in the wiiU. We are very close to the next threshold in visualisation where quantitative accumulations will bring to the next qualitative change (see http://raytracey.blogspot.com, http://igad.nhtv.nl/~bikker/, IMG's raytracing SDK, et al), but that will most likely not happen during this pending console generation. Or at least I don't expect anything large or paradigm-shifty ..Well, save for the odd ambitious indie dev toying with relatively low-res output devices coupled to relatively powerful console units *wink-wink nudge-nudge*.

Speaking of what viable enhancements nintendo might have got into their amd-grown gpu, a possibility there that has been largely neglected over the past WUST talks is that it could be something *not* ALU-related. We have already discussed the role a gpu-local edram pool could have. But everything so far has been largely inferred from the way Xenos used its edram - i.e. as a very performant fb. The advent of GPGPU has brought to the gpu landscape some very non-graphics tweaks like local storages/caches shared between ALU clusters, and basically all kinds of niceties mainly addressing the *data paths* in the gpu rather than what gpu ALUs constitute (ok, those too, but that's been rather evolutionary).

Surely Thraktor is absolutely correct to say that whatever nintendo might have come up with, amd & nv must have already considered, or even implemented, into their current/future architectures. But let's not forget what nintendo are bargaining for here: they are not ordering some unheard-of tech integrated in an off-the-shelf part, no - they are bargaining for the best bang for transistor. To translate that into simple terms, you can think of nintendo cherry-picking from the amd gardens to a fruit basket that best suites nintendo's fruit salad (aha! and you thought bad metaphors were only cars-related ; ) What does that mean? Not any alien tech, that's for sure. That simply means that:
a. U-GPU will have its own ISA (derived from known amd ISA(s), but still unique), and
b. U-GPU will put its (rumored) fat edram pool to the best possible use, i.e. beyond Xenos' use case.

Will that make U-GPU extraterrestrial, omnipotent, etc? - Nope. Will it make it a very darn impressive gpu for the amount of transistors it has? - Quite likely.

Oh, and btw, did I ever mention GFLOPs do not a gpu constitute?

Thanks blu, very informative post

(yours too Thraktor!)

Of all the members banned in the last week who posted in this thread what would be their total post count combined for thread 5? poor guys...

Ok back to the speculation. Is the WiiU sensor bar going to be identical to the Wii Sensor Bar or will it be a Sensor Bar+ with camera?

How strange... why did some people in here spend a year anticipating Nintendo's e3 conference only to get banned right before it?

It makes me sad that I won't get to see some reactions from people who frequent these threads often, especially since this thread was some incentive for me to join neogaf. I was actually more excited for BP's meltdown @ e3 than the actual conference. Now Ace is banned? This is really terrible.

Well at least the godfather of Wii U speculation is still around.

bgassassin

Only 10 more days, so no more bans guys...
especially Tom and Anthony

LOL. I know I'll be fine because I want to see all the consoles be successful. If the market determines it can't support three consoles then so be it, but I don't want to see any of them fail. In a perfect world, all three consoles next gen sell 90M units, developers are profitable, and we get great games for the console(s) of our choice. Nintendo consoles just so happen to be my #1 preference.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yikes, missed a lot I see.

Not really surprised to see Ace and Jump perm'd and Poo gone for a few months. But it does suck becuase I overall liked them as posters. As for everyone saying they aren't posting again, it's not like you are going to get banned for any little reason. Read Nirolak's explanation, and you will figure out that as long as you keep up with the TOS/rules, and make worthwhile/reasonable posts, you're not going to get banned.

Anyways, mad props to Nibel for the awesome Photoshop and for including my avatar! :)

I can't believe we are less then ten days away! The real fun starts next week, looking froward to continuing to speculate with all you.

nordique

None :(.

Well, maybe Rayman Legends.

Really?

What kind of games do you like EC? What do you see yourself picking up on it, seeing as you're primarily a PC/Nintendo gamer (or so it seems from your posts, though I do understand you have a PS3 as well)

as for myself, assuming these are in the launch window, for sure Assassins Creed 3. Perhaps Darksiders 2. If sports games come its way, NHL 13. If Re6 is revealed for it, then that too.

That is, of course aside from the Nintendo published launch titles.

I am just incredibly excited about that tablet controller. That proposition alone creates entirely new game experiences, not to mention the prospect of playing while someone else is using the TV.

zroid

Banned
Really?

What kind of games do you like EC? What do you see yourself picking up on it, seeing as you're primarily a PC/Nintendo gamer (or so it seems from your posts, though I do understand you have a PS3 as well)

I'm with him there, tbh.

The only game on that list I would even consider day 1-ing is Rayman Legends. I'm interested in Darksiders 2, Arkham City and AssCreed 3, but not enough to buy any for more than say 30 bucks.

I'm pretty hyped for Pikmin 3 and the new Mario game-- whatever it is.

Edit: actually, I'm mildly interested in Aliens, but only because of how much Gearbox has been hyping up the Wii U version. I haven't even seen an Alien film
(don't kill me)
, and I don't even like FPS games.

watershed

Banned
Jeez people watch how you post or there will be no one left to discuss Nintendo's (potentially) awesome E3 with!

Stay positive people!

Ace got banned? Had it coming if you ask me. Him and Poo would jump on anyone that said anything against nintendo. I love nintendo as a company but they have a lot to prove with this upcoming gen and they have made a ton of mistakes. If their games weren't so good, they wouldn't be around today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom