• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunan

Not sure I like the idea that people may be banned for their potential to be banned (if that's what happened).

On topic though: I am happy to finally have the name talk over. Good to let people get their steam out now instead of having that weigh on the conference.

Emitan

What is your avatar?

aliyacolorsuczxg.jpg

Character design by me, but the actual art done by Lissar

watershed

Banned
Back on topic, I really hope the entire wii u launch line up is available for download day 1. I'm very curious about how Nintendo will handle storage though.

Of course I also hope Nintendo has indeed learned from the 3ds launch and the eshop will be available day 1 instead of in some distant system update. I'd love for the wii u eshop to be ready to go out of the box and complete. Although the 3ds eshop is pretty good it has been a work in progress ever since it launched.

RedSwirl

Okay guys, what do you guys think are the actual chances of a new legit Mario making it out in time for the Wii U's launch?

Miyamoto confirmed another console Mario will be at E3, and I think it's pretty crucial for Nintendo platforms to launch with Mario. We've all seen how much 2D Mario sells, and new Mario often ends up feeling like the first killer app of each new Nintendo platform.

But at the same time I'm kind of alarmed at the rate at which they've been putting these games out. They've got NSMB2 coming out for the 3DS in August and they released 3D Land last year. How many teams can they have on these games?

Instro

sooo... the wii u threads are being used as hit lists? ....yeah time to stop posting for a bit lol.

Don't be a dumb and you won't get banned. People going into those threads looking to be antagonistic on one side or another are the ones getting hit.

Also, if we are talking about people who post in this thread. J-Rock got banned as well.

How was that 6 months?

Welcome back! (try not to get banned again, it's getting kinda crazy (but mostly reasonable))

Was Ace permabanned? D=

Welcome back _Alkaline_ =)

Cheers guys.

I was actually only banned for a month or two from memory, but when you're away from GAF for that long you tend to lose your enthusiasm for it.

E3 rolling around again has got me all riled up again though.

Needless to say, I probably won't participate in any more Wind Waker debates.

zroid

Banned
Okay guys, what do you guys think are the actual chances of a new legit Mario making it out in time for the Wii U's launch?

I still think chances are pretty good that the new Mario might just be an updated version of NSMB Mii, BUT a pack-in game.

A pack-in with the NSMB brand could seriously move consoles.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
You know, I actually miss some of the Nintendo trolling. Especially the over the top stuff like comparing Nintendo consoles to fisher price toys. I always got a kick out of "Nintendo fans are babies" meme. I don't see that stuff around here so much anymore. :(

cloudyy

NSMB Mii will be a DIY Mario, with level editor were you can share your creations with your friends. And DLC.

It won't...

Miyamoto confirmed another console Mario will be at E3, and I think it's pretty crucial for Nintendo platforms to launch with Mario. We've all seen how much 2D Mario sells, and new Mario often ends up feeling like the first killer app of each new Nintendo platform.

But at the same time I'm kind of alarmed at the rate at which they've been putting these games out. They've got NSMB2 coming out for the 3DS in August and they released 3D Land last year. How many teams can they have on these games?

Well, if New Super Mario Bros. Mii is any indication probably pretty likely. Sadly, it [NSMB:M] does not have to be vastly different than New Super Mario Bros. Wii to garner millions of sales in both hardware and software. What I'm curious about is how New Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Mii are going to offer different experiences though essentially the same core game? Is it just one is in 3D and the other HD? Or is there more to it than that? Might there be some kind of cross-play or benefits between the titles? Only Nintendo knows.

I hope with them two gone that this thread can hover back down to reality. Nintendo is in an unprecendeted position right now. Come Tuesday, they can either take the gaming world by storm or be the laughing stock of the industry. I feel like the former will happen but Nintendo also has something that holds them back from truly putting the industry in a chokehold. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I don't want to see this thing be revealed, smh at the announcements, and have to wait another 5 years for nintendo to truly get something right.

watershed

Banned
I would absolutely love it if NSMB2 and whatever mario is coming to the wii u had a user level creation feature. Both would work great with the touch screen.

Nintendo showed great potential for this feature with Mario vs DK march of the minis on dsiware. I loved how easy it was to create, share, and download custom levels. They could keep the exact same format and I'd be happy.

methodman

Banned
Ace got banned? Had it coming if you ask me. Him and Poo would jump on anyone that said anything against nintendo. I love nintendo as a company but they have a lot to prove with this upcoming gen and they have made a ton of mistakes. If their games weren't so good, they wouldn't be around today.

had it coming? that's bullshit, lol

nordique

LOL. I know I'll be fine because I want to see all the consoles be successful. If the market determines it can't support three consoles then so be it, but I don't want to see any of them fail. In a perfect world, all three consoles next gen sell 90M units, developers are profitable, and we get great games for the console(s) of our choice. Nintendo consoles just so happen to be my #1 preference.

I very much agree with this...that is pretty much my stance too. There is no ill will against anyone in the console race at all, in the slightest; In fact I think its rather childish to even come from that angle.

I hope everyone carves out a good business plan and executes it well. If they can do it, they earn it. We do all however have our personal preferences and I just love myself some Zelda and Metroid, and have a deep respect for Nintendo and their games. They truly operate like no other company and that really fascinates me.

Though the console I game on the most currently (when I do have time to game) is the 360.

nordique

I'm with him there, tbh.

The only game on that list I would even consider day 1-ing is Rayman Legends. I'm interested in Darksiders 2, Arkham City and AssCreed 3, but not enough to buy any for more than say 30 bucks.

I'm pretty hyped for Pikmin 3 and the new Mario game-- whatever it is.

Edit: actually, I'm mildly interested in Aliens, but only because of how much Gearbox has been hyping up the Wii U version. I haven't even seen an Alien film
(don't kill me)
, and I don't even like FPS games.

Its good to see many posters responding to different games because it bodes well for the Wii U being a platform that appeals to many gamers' tastes early on; hopefully like their handheld business Nintendo can deliver on that

though its seems DS2 and AC3 are taking up the majority of gamers' desires

HylianTom

Banned
Its good to see many posters responding to different games because it bodes well for the Wii U being a platform that appeals to many gamers' tastes early on; hopefully like their handheld business Nintendo can deliver on that

though its seems DS2 and AC3 are taking up the majority of gamers' desires

Still makes me hope that Nintendo opts for a slightly earlier launch than expected, just so that third party titles have a bit more oxygen to breathe between Launch Day and the end of the holiday shopping season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom