• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Nintendo must have put the fear of god into these developers and publishers. It's crazy that we haven't had any significant leaks yet about what is going to be shown. It's either that or there is nothing to to show which would be horrifying.
In a way, it's sad for us right now, but I have to say.. I'm quite impressed.

Nintendo strongarming third parties.. just like the old days! Haha!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Maybe we all should try something similar if/when MS/Sony reveal their new consoles. Like 'So this is like Kinect, an add-on, right ?' or if they show someone with a controller 'So I can only play games with Kinect ? WORST SYSTEM EVAAA!'.

Alright, maybe we shouldn't. We should be above that.

I dunno, that sounds pretty fun. :p

burst

E3 bomb 1 - Nintendo buys Sega, announces that the DreamUWiiCast 2 is out already at stores, releases with Sonic Xtreme using mario galaxy physics.

joshwaan

Nothing will ever beat the SNES.
In my unbiased opinion.

I agree with you, The Snes is the best, but I think the Wii U will be up there with it one day IMO :)

Think of it like Snes best 2D console of all time, Wii U best 3D console of all time :)

Today we would like to present you the new PIKMIN!

xRQ9J.png

abillitys: smells funny, eats all you candy and does jackshit.

ROFL fucking epic!

Sadist

Don't keep your expectations so low, I'm sure they're gonna bring over as much as possible. Except for Kojima's titles of course, which won't work because of <reasons>, including all titles using his new engine, which won't support Wii U because of <reasons>.
Sorry, but I'm going in with no expectations whatsoever. Especially Konami.

monome

Seeing how Konami handles MG(S) games on Nintendo platforms, I doubt it.

We will likely see a Paul Gale rumour on the fact that Revengeance is coming to WiiU due to the soon to be announced acquisition of the studio by Nintendo and Revengeance serving as a proof the engine can be ported to WiiU efficiently.

Wonder if Ninja Gaiden 3 would sell more than 500 copies if a WiiU version of Revengeance came to WiiU around the same time.

watershed

Banned
I just found out I will have the day off on the day of Nintendo's conference! I can't wait to watch it unfold live! I was bummed because I was expecting a busy day at work that day.

Also is gaf acting funny for anyone else? Thr site won't load on my laptop so I'm on mobile.

I just found out I will have the day off on the day of Nintendo's conference! I can't wait to watch it unfold live! I was bummed because I was expecting a busy day at work that day.

Also is gaf acting funny for anyone else? Thr site won't load on my laptop so I'm on mobile.

Queen's jubilee?

BD1

Banned

The site has been struggling to stay up for some time now. I hope it holds together next week. Wii've come so far and lost so many to not be together for the conference! :)

The site has been struggling to stay up for some time now. I hope it holds together next week. Wii've come so far and lost so many to not be together for the conference! :)

They usually manage to keep it up by shutting down the sub-forums and turning off avatars once E3 starts. It helps take some of the stress off the forums.

watershed

Banned
Queen's jubilee?
Is that a British holiday? No, I'm in Korea so it will be wednesday here during Nintendo's conference. I just found out that wednesday is Korea's memorial day so I don't have work.

Edit: Is Nintendo's conference on tuesday at 10am? If so it will be very early like 1am here so normally I'dbe asleep for work in the morning. But the day off means I can stay up late.

Bumhead

Banned
Queen's jubilee?

The Queen is celebrating 60 years on the throne so we in the UK are having a long bank holiday weekend, with Monday and Tuesday off work.

Absolutely great timing. I'm going to be parked infront of the laptop all day watching E3.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were asking what it was! Oops..

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Sometimes that's just not enough to satisfy me. Besides, as a full-blooded Nintendo fan, subtlety is what I am used to. Now I liked Prime 3, but I just thought the fairly straight forward "save the world from an alien threat" storytelling was largely unineresting despite the numerous action scenes. I would have liked to see meaningful character development between Samus and the bounty hunters and Dark Samus not be such a lame one-dimensional villain. I would have liked to have seen some insight into what Samus was thinking while dealing with some of the major plot points.

same here! plus I thought travelling around Skytown was a major chore!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Has Nintendo lifted a 3rd party embargo in advance of E3? Both NBA2K and the new DC fighting game explicitly confirming Wii U versions in the last day or so.

The Queen is celebrating 60 years on the throne so we in the UK are having a long bank holiday weekend, with Monday and Tuesday off work.

Absolutely great timing. I'm going to be parked infront of the laptop all day watching E3.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were asking what it was! Oops..

No worries :)

Has Nintendo lifted a 3rd party embargo in advance of E3? Both NBA2K and the new DC fighting game explicitly confirming Wii U versions in the last day or so.

They must be loosening things a bit. Injustice even features the Wii U logo on its website, which isn't the case for any other multiplatform game that's been announced for the system.

Hoo-doo

Banned
They must be loosening things a bit. Injustice even features the Wii U logo on its website, which isn't the case for any other multiplatform game that's been announced for the system.

I hope you guys are actually right about this NDA, and not just clung to it as a way to explain the dearth of 3rd party support.

Open the floodgates, Nintendo!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Maybe the NDA has been lifted for games they aren't showcasing at their conference/booth. Even software in their sizzle reels could still have NDAs. So, maybe NBA 2k13 and Gods Among Us won't be at Nintendo's press conference?

Most likely though these developers have special NDA's for certain game announcements.....: or they are just breaking the regular ones. :lol

In other news, E3 Advertisements are going up. There is a thread on the gaming section...I wonder if Nintendo will put anything up this year?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
If PG has no money, no publisher after Rising and shuts down, I'll blame Nintendo for not seing the potential of having a dedicated action-games team.

Oh GOD now I can't stop thinking about all the delicious possibilities!

It's like that "don't think about pink elephants" thing...

schuelma

I hope you guys are actually right about this NDA, and not just clung to it as a way to explain the dearth of 3rd party support.

The nods and winks regarding Black Ops 2 makes it clear to me there is/was some sort of NDA going on.

schuelma

Maybe the NDA has been lifted for games they aren't showcasing at their conference/booth. Even games in the sizzle reels probably still have NDAs. So, maybe NBa 2k13 and Gods Among Us won't be at Nintendo's press conference?

Or, maybe these developers have special NDA's for certain game announcements or they are just breaking them....

In other news, E3 Advertisements are going up. There is a thread on the gaming section...I wonder if Nintendo will put anything up this year?

Yeah. Tonight/tomorrow will be interesting with LoS2 being revealed. Still not convinced there is a Wii U version, but if there is, you would think Nintendo would let Konami announce the Wii U version immediately.

Penguin

Haven't we had developers flat out saying they can't talk about a Wii U version. Even in the past week with the Darksiders 2 folks?

Ono from Capcom in Jan
I can&#8217;t tell you more about it because, if I do, Nintendo will send assassins to finish me!

THQ interview with Eurogamer just yesterday

E: With Darksiders 2 you will be on Wii U at launch. What do you expect from the console?

Danny Bilson: There's heavy use of the DRC (Digital Resistive Current) controller with Darksiders 2. I actually don't know how much we've said about that stuff yet, but rest assured it's got unique use of that controller for the game on the Wii U. It's not just a straight port. There's a separate team working really hard on it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The nods and winks regarding Black Ops 2 makes it clear to me there is/was some sort of NDA going on.

Haven't we had developers flat out saying they can't talk about a Wii U version. Even in the past week with the Darksiders 2 folks?

I'm sure there were nods and winks, but then again we have seen other developers talking plenty about the Wii-U in the last weeks/months. So that assumption is spotty at best.

I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yeah. Tonight/tomorrow will be interesting with LoS2 being revealed. Still not convinced there is a Wii U version, but if there is, you would think Nintendo would let Konami announce the Wii U version immediately.

Agreed, should be interesting to see. But I'm pretty sure that there is a Wii-U version. I think even Alberto hinted at it.

schuelma

I'm sure there were nods and winks, but then again we have seen other developers talking plenty about the Wii-U in the last weeks/months. So that assumption is spotty at best.

I guess we'll find out in a few days.

As far as I know, the only developers talking about Wii U have been developers of games announced last year.

schuelma

Agreed, should be interesting to see. But I'm pretty sure that there is a Wii-U version. I think even Alberto hinted at it.

Did he? I thought he said something the other way, i.e. don't be shocked if there isn't one. I could be way off though.

I'm not getting my hopes up for LoS2 Wii U, since the main source for that seems to be Paul Gale and Konami just doesn't seem to be on board with the platform. I'd like to be wrong, though.

schuelma

I'm not getting my hopes up for LoS2 Wii U, since the main source for that seems to be Paul Gale and Konami just doesn't seem to be on board with the platform. I'd like to be wrong, though.

I thought the first rumor came from somewhere else.

Dascu

And Paul Gale was totally wrong with the rest of his rumour(s).

I thought the first rumor came from somewhere else.
About Mirror of Fate? 4chan, CVdungeon forums and that Dutch website. LoS2 on Vita/WiiU? Paul Gale only as far as I'm aware. Original leaker on 4chan even said he knew nothing of that.

Didn't someone in the know on this forum say that Konami wanted Kojima to develop Project Ogre for the Wii U, but he shot it down? So, it does seem like Konami is on board for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom