• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthdago

I wonder if the leak would have happened if we had correctly interpreted the patent information months ago and made the controller redesign common knowledge. Maybe his job loss and tainted reputation could have been averted.

The TT employee's leak is ultimately tragic. And we all share some fault. All are punishèd.

Almost totally his fault though. "LOL Gonna tweet dis here controller on the internet from work! Derp!"

Its sad but also damn stupid of that guy.
The biggest problem was that TT not long ago said that they are interested in WiiU but not planning something right now iirc (it was said with "The walking dead" that they are not doing it for WiiU right now).
So, he reveled the new version of the pad and pissed Nintendo (the bigger prob)
and he finally revealed that TT IS working on a WiiU game (which maybe pissed TT)

All in all you have to respect NDAs if you are not Ubisoft.
Them being french protct them and they can "accidentally" leak something from time to time and of course they have not talked about it with Nintendo before... :))

-> You remember the Ubi Rayman "leak" where the pad was shown??
Nothing of that new design was to see from that...so maybe Nintendo planned that with them, telling them "ok you want to promote your game early but then do it 'accidentally' and use the old pad so that we still have that big surprise for E3"

orioto

Good Art™
1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost?
No idea but this will be a vital point for their strategy. basically they're in a corner here i think. They have to go the cheap route, obviously, to be in the Wii price category. if they want to aim at the type of mainstream success they had, they can't afford more than that. Wii was actually perceived as expensive already.
Now, if they want to be in the race for gamers this gen, they have to put some power in this, which seems to be what they do if reports/rumors are true. But if it means a 350$+ price level, they quit the historical entry price for their console, and they radically change their demographic, in my opinion. That means basically, and i quiet like that, that they can't really go half way there. They refuse this fight or they enter it fully, cause a 350-400$ console will be aimed at the PS3 and 360 owners this time, not the punctual and casual curious. That's not nothing guys, that means Nintendo have to come back in a fight they refused for 7 years. Now their doom will be if they think they can keep a foot in the other arena (the casual one) in the same time. That won't work, and the fight against the big guys will be tough this time, and need zero compromises.

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be?
No idea
3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game?
Wave Race
4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U?
Would love to see some timed exclusive hugeness, ala Street Fighter V, an exclusive RE, a returning ip from SE...
5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week?
The aim for the console is not clear at all, panic among shareholders
6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?
Fruit juice and popcorn!
7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time don't know
8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).
Depends, 7 if lots of solid games but no big N games
9) Predict: any final hardware revelations?
Better rez for the tablet
10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us?
If aimed as it should, something huge for chat and connectivity between gamers. No time for useless crap
11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week?
wouldn't know
12) Wild-card prediction: anything else?
Footage with lots of impressive N games with no release date

CoolS

Its sad but also damn stupid of that guy.
The biggest problem was that TT not long ago said that they are interested in WiiU but not planning something right now iirc (it was said with "The walking dead" that they are not doing it for WiiU right now).
So, he reveled the new version of the pad and pissed Nintendo (the bigger prob)
and he finally revealed that TT IS working on a WiiU game (which maybe pissed TT)

All in all you have to respect NDAs if you are not Ubisoft.
Them being french protct them and they can "accidentally" leak something from time to time and of course they have not talked about it with Nintendo before... :))

-> You remember the Ubi Rayman "leak" where the pad was shown??
Nothing of that new design was to see from that...so maybe Nintendo planned that with them, telling them "ok you want to promote your game early but then do it 'accidentally' and use the old pad so that we still have that big surprise for E3"

I'm pretty sure he worked at TT Games, the guys who make the LEGO games.

BD1

Banned
So how much is everyone budgeting for the Wii U launch?

I am already dreading the amount of money I'm going to spend. Right now, I've set my budget at around $800-900USD in what I consider a worst case scenario: $349 console and $59 games.

And that's just for games I'm interested in that we already know about.

I am already dreading the amount of money I'm going to spend. Right now, I've set my budget at around $800-900USD in what I consider a worst case scenario: $349 console and $59 games.

As I'm moving to Japan with my gf we won't be able to go all-out. Unless I get the scholarship I've applied for, cos that's totally a good use for the funds :p

System and two games is usually the norm for me.
Depends on what's out at launch, but I'm thinking Pikmin and Killer Freaks right now.

darthdago

I'm pretty sure he worked at TT Games, the guys who make the LEGO games.

My fault with TT I meant Telltale (the producers of the episodic games and the company the guy worked for)

I didnt mean Travelers tales Games which is known as TTGames (creators of LEGO games)

EVIL

at this moment, 40 bucks, :(

My fault with TT I meant Telltale (the producers of the episodic games and the company the guy worked for)

I didnt mean Travelers tales Games which is known as TTGames (creators of LEGO games)

No, he worked for Travelers. Who we know is making Lego City Stories.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

This town's only big enough for one TT.

gzKzM.jpg

darthdago

All in all up to 600 Euro (up to 400 Euros for console and 200 for equipment and maybe 2 or 3 games)

Caramello

My budget is $820 Aussie dollars. I'm basically allowing myself the system at an estimated cost of $500 (It won't go higher than that) and 4 launch titles each at $80. Obviously if the launch line up is trash I won't spend as much and if it's orgasmic then I may spend a little more but I don't really want to spend much more than $800.

Speaking of gaming budgets, the only game I've bought this year is Kid Icarus: Uprising.. That's kind of sad.. I'll certainly be fixing that once my uni exams are finished!

idwl

Rumor, don't know if posted before or not

Posted a batch of Wii U related information on an Italian message board. The developer believes that the price for Wii U will be between $350 – $450, and that the system will launch on November 23rd. Nintendo isn’t expected to reveal pricing or a release date until sometime after E3.

Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
Wii U will support to touch-screen controllers
The console has 2GB or RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
The launch date will be 23 November
Launch price hasn’t been decided but will be between $350 – $450
Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft’s Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
Assassin’s Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
Wii U will come with pre-installed software
Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
Wii U will support achievements
Wii U’s UI will be customisable
The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor

Rumor, don't know if posted before or not

Posted a batch of Wii U related information on an Italian message board. The developer believes that the price for Wii U will be between $350 – $450, and that the system will launch on November 23rd. Nintendo isn’t expected to reveal pricing or a release date until sometime after E3.

Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
Wii U will support to touch-screen controllers
The console has 2GB or RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
The launch date will be 23 November
Launch price hasn’t been decided but will be between $350 – $450
Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft’s Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
Assassin’s Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
Wii U will come with pre-installed software
Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
Wii U will support achievements
Wii U’s UI will be customisable
The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor

A bit old, and fake in the first line.
The Wii U won't even be supporting DirectX 1.

Also, no way is Nintendo launching on Black Friday. That would be insanity.

Woffls

I feel ashamed for having not kept apprised of the rumours this year given how much of a Nintendo fan I am, so I'll try and get involved in this thread over the next 2 weeks...

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? $299/£249, one SKU
2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? December 2nd and 7th for US and UK respectively
3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? Pikmin 3
4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? Resident Evil 6 timed exclusive.
5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? Something something duct tape
6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? Tea and biscuits
7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on? 60 minutes : 10 on intro and Wii price drop, 20 on 3DS success and 2012 software, 30 on Wii U
8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). 7
9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? Multiple tablets per console
10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? I have no idea.
11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? Also no idea...
12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? Episode 3... lol

HylianTom

Banned

Hmm. I'll count anything related to the Launch.
Console, Games, Accessories: $600
Junk food for Lauch Week vacation: $200

For major game releases or hardware launches, I usually take off and order a case of Bawls and a case of Lotte Milkis. I'll also spend $25 on a whole tiramisu from a local bakery. That's just a start; seeing as how this week wil essentially be my big vacation this year, no food expense will be spared. I just moved to this new place last month, so I'll start collecting food delivery menus, doing research on what items/cafes are good, etc.

I'll also budget $2000 for a new plasma TV. The DLP I have is 720p and is about 10 years old. Still runs nicely, but I love the image quality on the plasma in my bedroom and have wanted a plasma for the living room for while.. so this will be my excuse, haha! My niece is furnishing an apartment, so she's going to appreciate her new DLP TV. (and I'll be lurking the avforums for the next few months, doing research.)

Finally - and this is only obliquely related to gaming - it's been 4 years since I've gotten eyeglasses. It's time for some new ones, and I want this matter done before Launch Day. I love that "look at how sharp the world looks!" sensation that comes with new glasses, so the timing will be appreciated.

I'll be working lots of overtime during the summer..

ThankeeSai

System and two games is usually the norm for me.
Depends on what's out at launch, but I'm thinking Pikmin and Killer Freaks right now.

Same for me. Even if there's something else I really want to get, if it does come out in November, I can't really justify spending any more than that at that time of year.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm budgeting £400. That, ideally should cover the system, a game or two and a couple of Wii games. I never owned a Wii and im as excited about playing Mario Galaxy as I am the Wii U stuff.

If I can get all that for less then great. I'm hoping the system will be as close to the £200 mark as possible. £230 is a nice price point.

DynamicG

The Nintendo Wii U Speculation Thread Pre-E3 Survey

$299

November 18

Pikmin, interesting software installed on console at launch

big 3rd party surprises will be apps and eshop titles.

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week?

Something will still be confusing. The little "mini screen" for street passes will come off looking like a child's toy.

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?

falafal sandwich with salad

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS?

30% 3DS 60% WiiU 10% goofy stage gimmicks

Console will look fairly different. Maybe a dark grey or gun metal finish.

Some kind of odd Nintendo social networking application. Like a way to post Wii status updates or something like that. It'll let you message your friends and post statuses but it will have that "nintendo twist."

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week?

Ideaman

Wii games WILL be upscaled after all.

Caramello

I feel ashamed for having not kept apprised of the rumours this year given how much of a Nintendo fan I am, so I'll try and get involved in this thread over the next 2 weeks...

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? December 2nd and 7th for US and UK respectively

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? Resident Evil 6 timed exclusive.

Just so you know, Resident Evil 6 is releasing in October.

About time I got around to filling this out.

The Nintendo Wii U Speculation Thread Pre-E3 Survey

$349

Nov 11th

Pikmin 3 (Subject to change based on E3)

Kingdom Hearts 3

Late to the party.

Water, crackers and hummus.

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS?
1.5hr (1hr WiiU, 30 minutes 3DS)

Supports UE4

Steam

BurntPork

Golden Sun 3DS

popeutlal

A bit old, and fake in the first line.
The Wii U won't even be supporting DirectX 1.

Also, no way is Nintendo launching on Black Friday. That would be insanity.
It means DirectX feature set, not the actual DirectX. Wii for example supported DirectX 7 feature set.

SwapNote U is going to be a great useful app I wonder if they could connect both WiiU / 3DS versions to you can send swapnotes from 3DS to WiiU /speculation

Fabrik

Banned
Can't wait. No more technical limitations for the Zelda team.

Legend of Zelda. Fall 2013. Nintendo X Studio Ghibli.

pramath

Banned
None that people will share.
We've heard some things through the grape vine (Castlevania, F-Zero, Nintendo teaming up with a western third party). But nothing concrete.

Was this the usual speculation and wistful longing, or was it something actually concrete? =o
Because if it's the latter... fill me in please! :D

Sardello

It will almost depend on what is bundled with the console.

I hope we'll find something in. Maybe a Wii Sport like game that can entertain for a long period with friends.

Considering that there will not be the need to buy new controllers for multiplayer gameplay, I think 500€ is more than enough. Console bundle + 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom