• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game that will not be on WiiU I will regret the most is Tomb Raider
so this is why I want to see some really good hardware sales maybe it will be too tempting next year not to port it over

Its hard to see those two games sell a ton on a brand new console

you need a good 2 million WiiU sold just to get those numbers expected from Blops2
this is going to be really interesting to watch

on one hand PS3/360 has that base covered and should be able to cover all AC3/Blops2 sales alone so those fans would not need a new hardware for those games

and on the other you have a spanking new launch hardware and these same titles at launch is crazy... I myself would have to pick up AC3/Blops2 with my WiiU just to show support

this will be very fun times :)
it will truly be a fascinating year

Lyude77

I haven't opened my special inbox message(s) yet. I might do 'em early in the morning so that it's out of the way before E3 starts. One thing - I've gotta check the wording on my initial oath, just to make sure I don't violate it with the timing of my actions that day. I'm not sure if I swore to open special messages during the conference or just on the day of the conference.

Even if you swore to share it during the conference, GAF will probably be broken, so I wouldn't worry too much, haha.

I hope for Pikmin 3, an NSMB game, and something great like Wii Sports. A man can hope.

everyone has forgotten about smellycat's 25th megaton countdown

Gahiggidy you are mean to bring it back up what if the mods decide to check the TOS for such teases?

japtor

See, I wouldn't be too optimistic myself, honestly, but we received this comment from this dude:

So I expect to see some neat stuff. *crosses fingers for the capability of OS-level screenshots*

Also, this Matt dude is a Google employee, right? I take it that Google might be involved on a software level with the Wii U, then (unless it's already been confirmed, and I missed it)? Would make sense given Nintendo's comment about partnering with "previously unconsidered third parties".
Yeah I remember people saying he worked for Google. There's been nothing official between them outside of the ES OS project, which is still being worked on and doesn't seem anywhere near far enough along to be part of the system (...barring them pulling an Apple and secretly developing it like hell on their own).

And if you like grasping at straws (like Jumpman's GTA V posts*
*...typed out before Smellycat's post):
You know, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo let players record their own gameplay videos and share them? Like a crowd sourced version of NSMBWii's auto-play feature.

Think about it.
This is what I want to read in this thread people - HYPE UP

iblV2Ka5VWpKrl.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW5G0b2OBaQ
Pokemon X The Legend of Zelda confirmed
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that:

1mC5e.png

Also that first footage of excite truck is still awesome. The fucking blistering speed and camera work for speed was awesome. Well done Monster Games.
It also had surprisingly fancy looking reflections on the trucks (and water?).

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I just mean it in terms of the way the gaming media treats it in articles and whatnot. Perception wise by the 'professionals' it'll be either or.

I think either way the UPad would be used, people would complain because it's Nintendo. Nintendo gets a large amount of dissatisfaction, no matter what they do.

possible whhaaaaaaaat?

dude you made a countdown to news you said was coming on the 25th that you could not talk about the whole thread started asking what what what then you took it back

if a mod was having a bad day or in the mood they would have banned you ask EC if you are safe since you came clean sooner and did not drag it on for days like some people I will not name

japtor

I think either way the UPad would be used, people would complain because it's Nintendo. Nintendo gets a large amount of dissatisfaction, no matter what they do.
I imagine there'll be bitching about the range. No bathroom* gaming no sale!

*or whatever place in your house.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Mods, let Smellycat be. No one was seriously duped.

----

Watching the MS press conference from last year before I clear it from DVR. They opened with expensive COD demo. I wonder if Nntendo would ever jump right into a game demo like that??

Smellycat

dude you made a countdown to news you said was coming on the 25th that you could not talk about the whole thread started asking what what what then you took it back

if a mod was having a bad day or in the mood they would have banned you ask EC if you are safe since you came clean sooner and did not drag it on for days like some people I will not name

haha, I can't believe people even remembered that countdown. I simply put it as a joke because there was a countdown on every other page, and I wanted in on the fun. Then people starting asking about it, and I clearly said that it was a joke and then people moved on with their lives. I didn't even know the countdown was for today until antonz brought it up in this thread.

All that over a countdown lol

DynamicG

It's going to be interesting to see how the mainstream press covers the WiiU. They were all over the place with positive coverage in the early years of the DS and Wii and then kind of faded out a bit. There's going to be a a lot of pressure on them to show something quirky and that feels new.

The design of the controller is going to draw some comparisons to tablets right out the gate, so there's going to be pressure in spades.

they all do
that's true. Sony takes it up the ass by the gaming press as well. The first 2 or so years of their generation were about how doomed they are as a company. Recently too! But then they whip out the games and everyone is back to being buddy buddy.

The games aren't enough for nintendo to get back into buddy buddy mode with the press.

haha, I can't believe people even remembered that countdown. I simply put it as a joke because there was a countdown on every other page, and I wanted in on the fun. Then people starting asking about it, and I clearly said that it was a joke and then people moved on with their lives. I didn't even know the countdown was for today until antonz brought it up in this thread.

All that over a countdown lol

GAF is serious business if one of those blogs ran with your story we would not even be talking about it right now :)

I like your GTA V idea btw

Watching the MS press conference from last year before I clear it from DVR. They opened with expensive COD demo. I wonder if Nntendo would ever jump right into a game demo like that??

I think the first thing we will see is a WiiU trailer with games being played.

MS will get whatever COD like game again on that Monday so Nintendo won't have the exclusive needed to do the same

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
they do some weird shit though :p
They do but I often feel that people are too whiny about small things lol.
I imagine there'll be bitching about the range. No bathroom* gaming no sale!
*or whatever place in your house.
Oh, I'm sure of that. lol.

"It's not fully portable, what's the point. Nintendo is cheap".
It's going to be interesting to see how the mainstream press covers the WiiU. They were all over the place with positive coverage in the early years of the DS and Wii and then kind of faded out a bit. There's going to be a a lot of pressure on them to show something quirky and that feels new.

The design of the controller is going to draw some comparisons to tablets right out the gate, so there's going to be pressure in spades.

I think it'll definitely get positive buzz from mainstream media once it's marketed and everywhere. However, I'm also sure we're going to see lots of comparisons to the iPad and Apple lol.

Nintendo really needs to nail the digital download front too. Playing micro-games on the UPad at a price relative to the Apps store would be a wise move. On top of that, I think if Nintendo is the first of the 3 console manufacturer's to offer an open platform to put indie titles on, they'd have a huge hit. The PC is great for indie titles because it's open; would be great to see an open pricing model on the Wii U too.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Lol, he cleared up that he was joking almost immediately after posting.

Pikmin 3 multiplayer idea: Each player with a pad gets a special robo UAV buddy to scope out the level and find secrets.

P1 Wiimote/P2 U pad: Player 1 must rely on Player 2's help to watch out for danger and find treasures

Local/online with 2 pads: Each player gets a portion of the level on their pad screen, and thus must rely on the other for help during co op if they stray outside of their area, or be at a disadvantage during competitive play

Fantastical

Death Prophet
"It's not fully portable, what's the point. Nintendo is cheap".

Well, honestly I think the Upad should be able to work throughout the house. I don't care about not being able to take it out of my house, but while I'm in the house I think that it should work and Nintendo should make it work so that we can play it in a reasonably sized house.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I think the first thing we will see is a WiiU trailer with games being played.

MS will get whatever COD like game again on that Monday so Nintendo won't have the exclusive needed to do the same

How amazing would it be for them to open up that "massive" Retro new IP?

How amazing would it be for them to open up with a demo of a Retro new IP?

I just don't know how this will work at all... are they going to do 3DS stuff last if they do this?

everyone will come to see WiiU so where does 3DS go? It would have to be first.

but if they skim over 3DS then Retro's baby should get first Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom