• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Geoff9920 said:
Thanks! I must have been through that area a dozen times or so, not sure how I missed him. :p

He walks a lot. I had a hard time finding him at first. Luckily the map shows the name of the crafter/merchant :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
sflufan said:
Be sure to mention that you're getting the "CRC data error" when you try to install the game and that you've updated your DVD firmware, etc. but that nothing has worked.

will do. I did all of the above that you mentioned and tested some other dvd9's so i thought it was the disc..but i did see that i wasn't alone in my plight.

Salaadin

Blood Curse Act 2 quest spoilers
How did Henselt break the Circle? That played out a little weird. One second its all "youre safe in the circle" and then the cutscene ends and its "you broke the circle!". Did he just walk out of it?

Varna

Salaadin said:
How did Henselt break the Circle? That played out a little weird. One second its all "youre safe in the circle" and then the cutscene ends and its "you broke the circle!". Did he just walk out of it?

I just assumed his boot took a bit of it when he was talking towards the center.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Van Buren said:
There's one thing which has been bugging me in ACT II (Roche)
Did anyone have Geralt say that Ves was lying ? That seemed to be a dangling thread, or am I misunderstanding the context under which he says that ?

She lied about her treatment at the king's hand. She says they just let her go but she was actually raped.

Varna

Sinatar said:
She lied about her treatment at the king's hand. She says they just let her go but she was actually raped.

Does play out kind of odd. Both seem to know what happened.

Salaadin said:
"Walk towards the goat's skull, your Majesty."

My flatmate was playing NBA on the 360 while I was doing that bit, and he had to pause it because he was laughing so hard.

Varna

Did that part by trial and error for the first few ones because I was too stupid to remember I had a book for it... :(

Fuck you, giant-armor-commander-guy. Or rather, fuck you for not letting me F5 right before the battle. And fuck you for not letting me meditate and drink a potion. I hate this guy.

Zeliard

subversus said:
has anyone tried alchemy build? is it doable?

Yeah, I'm doing that on Hard and it's been smooth. Probably halfway or so through Chapter 2.

The perks are nice and going Alchemy keeps combat somewhat challenging even post-Chapter 1 since I'm not using something like Quen II every fight (or Quen at all in any fight anymore). From a talent upgrade standpoint my Magic and Swordsmanship are extremely basic, with no more than one talent node having been touched in each tree so far.

Revolutionary said:
Yep, said it earlier in the thread as well. Should be in the OP, I think. :p Can't get this kind of stuff with bloom on: http://i52.tinypic.com/2n9c11e.jpg.

It can also drown out the texture quality.
Example (Chapter 1 boss spoilers):
Bloom on:
http://i53.tinypic.com/30ufwo2.jpg
Bloom off:
http://i53.tinypic.com/f29frp.jpg

Yeah but what kind of sky do you get without bloom?

http://i54.tinypic.com/eio42b.jpg

I imagine the image there would end up looking pretty different, and not in a good way. It isn't worth the other sacrifices in overall lighting to disable it.

Complistic

How About No said:
Fuck you, giant-armor-commander-guy. Or rather, fuck you for not letting me F5 right before the battle. And fuck you for not letting me meditate and drink a potion. I hate this guy.

Quen when he turns into a tornado, trap him to stun then just heavy strike him, repeat until dead.

How About No said:
Quen, roll, swing.

He can be killed in one minute on hard.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How About No said:

Kind of a frustrating fight, there were a few times he pinned me down and I couldn't get away, which sucked. Thankfully I made like 40 bombs before that fight so I just cheesed him from a distance while using Quen.

Salaadin

Update on the patch, again stolen from the Performance thread just in case some of you dont check there:
Aurarian said:
Update on the patch:
Quoted from the community post.
Guys,

Good news. Patch 1.1 is soon to be released! Test are in progress.
Current ETA is Wednesday evening (Europe time)

Please expect major improvments:) and solution for most of the problems. Including:

- activation/installation problems
- better performance (owners of retail version will notice the biggest difference)
- no more DLC download/activation problems (Troll DLC will be INCLUDED in the patch itself, so
no need to download and install it)
- Nvidia 3D vision problem solved
- invert mouse and keyboard mapping

and many more:)

To be sure that all people will have an access to this patch there will be option of manuall download and installation.

Sorry 4 all problems, we will work hard to be sure that eventually all of you will be fully satified!

Michal
CDP RED
PS. Once this patch is in the tests right now, we already have started working on the next one in which we want to solve some more issues, including hardware specific problems (ie. g35 compatibility). Patch 1.1 seems to be very major one, but still if you don't find your problem on the list, there is a big chance that it will fixed soon in next patch. And we will really do all this ASAP.

Zeliard

Hopefully the patch after this maintenance one will look at some of the gameplay issues, such as alchemy ingredients always defaulting back when you're trying to use specific ones.

Oh ho CD Projekt, you sly dogs!

Chapter 2 Eternal Battle theory, spoilers obviously:
The souls of the soldiers are doomed to fight forever until the Witcher changes the tide of the battle himself, by killing the now-demonic Kaedwani commander.

There is no autosave before this battle, only before you fight as the soul of a heroic warrior, also doomed to the battle. If you die, you must do the sequence as the hero again and again, just as all of the soldiers must do! This way, you are experiencing their curse first-hand!
:O

And no, I haven't beat him yet :/ Quen + heavy attack seems to do the trick, though

Solo

The game really does get easier once you progress a few levels. I am now at level 17, maxed out the swordsman path, and am murdering bitches for shits and giggles.

Varna said:
Did that part by trial and error for the first few ones because I was too stupid to remember I had a book for it... :(
I sold it so I decided to use the PDF game guide, but either they used different translators for the game and the guide, or they changed the names of some of the objects after it was written because it was bloody useless.

Solo said:
The game really does get easier once you progress a few levels. I am now at level 17, maxed out the swordsman path, and am murdering bitches for shits and giggles.

When you say you maxed out the swordsman do you mean you reached the last ability or you have everything?

Solo

toasty_T said:
When you say you maxed out the swordsman do you mean you reached the last ability or you have everything?

Sorry, my bad. I have reached the final ability and I almost have everything. Need a few more levels.

hteng

Banned
so what are the known women you can plough throughout the game? can i plough Saskia? i would like to plough Ves on my next playthrough with roche's route.

i did plough some elfs after saving them, and some demon.. things.. anyway.

the ploughing animation is the same for all though sadly.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
hteng said:
so what are the known women you can plough throughout the game? can i plough Saskia? i would like to plough Ves on my next playthrough with roche's route.

i did plough some elfs after saving them, and some demon.. things.. anyway.

the ploughing animation is the same for all though sadly.

Yeah i swear they have the same exact sounds to! like i ploughed
ves
the last time i played and she sounded like any other whore from the brothel.

Solo

I had better find Triss again soon. I've ploughed everything else with female sex organs, but I need that fiery redhead back in the sack.

Zeliard said:
In Iorveth's path in Chapter 2 you can plough
a succubus
. Dunno about you Roaches, though.

I had no idea know you could
have a conversation with her. I went and killed her straight away

I could have ploughed
a succubus
:(

toasty_T said:
I had no idea know you could
have a conversation with her. I went and killed her straight away

I could have ploughed
a succubus
:(

Man I loved that quest.

At first I started to walk back to Geralt when the trapdoor opened, then I said "hang about, Dandelion wouldn't do that, he'd try to plough the evil wench" and headed down into the basement. Geralt's reaction:

"Fucking idiot went in!"

Zeliard

jim-jam bongs said:
Man I loved that quest.

At first I started to walk back to Geralt when the trapdoor opened, then I said "hang about, Dandelion wouldn't do that, he'd try to plough the evil wench" and headed down into the basement. Geralt's reaction:

"Fucking idiot went in!"

lol I considered it but
walked back to Geralt with Dandelion because I didn't want to possibly blow a chance at Geralt getting with her. I figured if I just took Geralt down he'd be able to deal with it either way. What ends up happening with Dandelion?

gdt

Is there some sort of bug with the audio levels? I can barely hear dialog because the background stuff is way high. Or it's normal, but the dialog is mixed wayyyyyy low. Even in cutscenes/dialog scenes.

5.1 set, btw.

Jenga

Banned
Zeliard said:
lol I considered it but
walked back to Geralt with Dandelion because I didn't want to possibly blow a chance at Geralt getting with her. I figured if I just took Geralt down he'd be able to deal with it either way. What ends up happening with Dandelion?
he has great sex

it's also something dandalion would do

Guys where in Vergen can you buy/craft cool new armor? Mine is fucking terrible. Random elven armor I picked up in Chapter 1 and the worst part is I can't get the best armor in the game BECAUSE I FORGOT TO LOOT THE DAMNED KRAYKEN!!!!!!AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Salaadin

Act 2 main quest spoilers:
I think Im near the end. A lot of crazy shit went down in the three days since that mist cleared. I cant believe I helped these fuckers. Im seriously pissed at myself. I deserve a ploughing up the arse.

Jenga

Banned
AppleSmack said:
Guys where in Vergen can you buy/craft cool new armor? Mine is fucking terrible. Random elven armor I picked up in Chapter 1 and the worst part is I can't get the best armor in the game BECAUSE I FORGOT TO LOOT THE DAMNED KRAYKEN!!!!!!AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
with shit like quen you shouldn't be taking damage anyway

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just crafted myself the
Kayran
armor... SOOOOO GOOD.

AppleSmack said:
Kayran armour is not that great, you can go Dragon armour from the elf craftsman by the gate if you went Iorveth or you are given 2 increasingly better armours if you go Roach.

Varna

Yoshichan said:
Just crafted myself the
Kayran
armor... SOOOOO GOOD.

Was rolling with that armor until I got the best armor in the game... wish there was a better hooded style armor.

If you're going with Iorveth it's best to not bother with the Kayran armor. Unless you happen to have all the ingredients, save your money and buy the Dragon Scale armor at the start of chapter 2.

As detailed earlier today, Gop also revealed that CD Projekt is getting ready to announce a new Witcher title at E3 next month.

Expansion pack or console port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom