• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nekrono said:
Regarding the non-inverted option maybe this could be a temporary fix if you are using motionjoy...

untitled3ub7.jpg

Doesn't the 360 controller app or w/e it uses have something similar?

Yeah I just found out about MotioninJoy today. So amazed with the software (once I figured it out) I donated $10 to the guy.
Can't wait to play this via Bluetooth/Dualshock3 (^_____^)

Omikron

wwm0nkey said:
In a FPS sure I agree with you to an extent but this is an RPG pads are 100% fine.

I actually don't think you can use such a blanket statement, can you imagine say, playing Baldurs Gate with a pad?

25 minutes until I can run out the door at the end of the day for work...

I think this is quite possibly going to be the slowest 25 minutes of my life.

Wonder if I should go to the crapper and play something on my iPhone... hmmm

For me, anything with shooting (unless it's exclusive) I will play on PC and use Mouse + KB to play as that is what I much prefer.

If the game is swords or melee fighting then it's controller, sitting on my comfy couch playing on the 50".

I'm happy with my setup and I have an amazingly comfortable PC chair so either way I'm super comfy whichever way to play I choose. I would say that the Controller on couch is more relaxing and for an RPG that is a long game such as Witcher 2, it suits playing on the TV and having the big arse screen to slowly go around and take in the sights.

That said, something like Deus Ex is going to be the perfect type of game that I want to play sitting at my PC on the 27" at 2560 with KB+M... damn that's my number 1 game this year, thinking about how crazy I am for Witcher and LA Noire... I'm going to be going INSANE for Deus Ex I think I'll take that week off work.

Fredescu

Omi said:
I actually don't think you can use such a blanket statement, can you imagine say, playing, say, Baldurs Gate with a pad?
The Witcher isn't Baldur's Gate, it's an action RPG that wouldn't be out of place on a console. You don't need a mouse to play this game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit! 11:36pm here and the last parts are downloading from GOG for me! :D

Zeliard

Yeah I'll probably have to plug my Dualshock 3 in if we can't tweak axis inverts through the ini. Fortunately I use it all the time for Dolphin and PCSX2 and such so I already have it set up with MotioninJoy. I also don't invert when I use a gamepad. Heh.

It's literally unplayable for me with a mouse if I can't invert it, which I would much rather use. For shame, CDRP. I don't mind as much using a gamepad to traverse the environment or fight in combat, though I'd rather not, but navigating the menu screens and all the individual items and such is going to be fucking annoying.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Argh! File combine is going to take a few minutes. Then I will still need to install ><.

Oh well, I should be in before midnight PST!

Omikron

Fredescu said:
The Witcher isn't Baldur's Gate, it's an action RPG that wouldn't be out of place on a console. You don't need a mouse to play this game.

No it isn't, but the blanket terminology he/she used was 'RPGs'.

Either way though, navigating menus and iconography via a pad is an irritant I can do without.

Nekrono

BigBlackGamer said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6c58umpyilcrcza

someone can go into the config and see if they can spot it.
I tried and it seems to be along these lines I would assume... there just doesn't seem to be much room for 'tweaking'.
Code:
IK_Pad_LeftAxisX=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftX,Value=1.000000)
IK_Pad_LeftAxisX=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftX,Value=1.000000)
IK_Pad_LeftAxisY=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftY,Value=1.000000)
IK_Pad_LeftAxisY=(Gamekey=GI_AxisLeftY,Value=1.000000)
IK_Pad_RightAxisX=(GameKey="GI_AxisRightX",Value=1)
IK_Pad_RightAxisY=(GameKey="GI_AxisRightY",Value=1)
Hard to tell, especially when you don't have the game to try
LLShC.gif

Edit: Yeah like Narag said try switching those values to negative or make it zero or something and see what happens.

wwm0nkey

Omi said:
No it isn't, but the blanket terminology he/she used was 'RPGs'.

Either way though, navigating menus and iconography via a pad is an irritant I can do without.
then use a mouse when going through menus? Seriously its not like its hard to trade off for like 10 seconds.

Tokubetsu

Who knew, four years ago, that we would be for sure getting a sequel? The time has arrived brothers. Thank you Based God
and Melitele

icqNiq.jpg

Absinthe

LiquidMetal14 said:
Last ones. This is ultra. Gotta get some sleep and tackle this more tomorrow.
witcher22011-05-1701-5n7un.png

Looks a lot better in motion.

Did anyone catch what resolution Liquid was running this in?

I have basically the same spec PC as him and I'm curious how it will perform on my rig.

If you bought from D2D and want to download The Witcher 2 now, follow these steps:

1. Download Gamespy Comrade
2. Log in
3. Select Witcher 2 from the Games list and click install
4. Make sure Steam and/or no games are open or it'll pause the download

If it won't start downloading ("Download paused while in game"), quit out of GameSpy Comrade and re log in.

I'm downloading now @ 3 MB/s. Fuck yeah!

Nekrono

akmcbroom said:
Did anyone catch what resolution Liquid was running this in?

I have basically the same spec PC as him and I'm curious how it will perform on my rig.
I asked him but he didn't respond, it looks like 1360x768 and I really doubt he would downsample them when he was trying to show the "Uber Sampling Mode" but with his hardware I would assume he maybe has a bigger monitor that can support higher res than that.

Edit: Beaten, 1080p it is! now I have better expectations on my rig!
3AQmK.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
WTF I restarted my computer to restart the downloader and now it's downloading the file from the beginning. Instead of 121mb it's d/ling the whole 9gbs.

is this because I moved the TW2 files from my documents to program files?

hopefully ditching the downloader and downloading the last 126mb through my browser will work

Snuggler said:
WTF I restarted my computer to restart the downloader and now it's downloading the file from the beginning. Instead of 121mb it's d/ling the whole 9gbs.

Yes, the stupid installer lost sight of the files. Put them back in

Lime

Snuggler said:

Yes.

pahamrick

Snuggler said:

Yep. You'll either need to move them back or change the directory in the gogdownloader options.

Edit: Beaten twice.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Snuggler said:

Why would you do a thing like that? The files weren't fully downloaded yet...

But, yeah, change the directory on the GOG program or move those files back!

Nekrono

Snuggler said:

Probably, try putting them back, try again and then move them.

Snuggler said:

Yes, move them back, or change the target folder to the correct one in your gog downloader prog.
It no longer sees the files so it starts downloading them from scratch.
edit : beaten, like 4 times, now this is a redundant post =(

See this is what happens when you have so many people refreshing the same page, it upsets the natural flow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Xamdou said:
So do I still get TF2 in-game items if I pre-order now from steam or is it too late?

Steam store says you still can where I'm from.

Although if you bought it on GOG you could download and play now!

wwm0nkey

SneakyStephan said:
A bit of nuance :

http://www.abload.de/img/daokeybinds1qt6.jpg (not img linking as it's a pretty big screenshot)

Witcher 2 may function with a pad, but in general a non turn based rpg with ability bars is a nightmare with a pad.

I really don't want to pause or rummage through menus for every little combat action or other change.
That is not The Witcher 2 though, dont show me a screen shot of another RPG unless it is similar to this.

Xamdou

Zefah said:
Steam store says you still can where I'm from.

Although if you bought it on GOG you could download and play now!

I live in the U.S and just checked the steam Witcher 2 page and no mention of free TF2 items.

I'm going nuts here... 5 minutes until I can leave work.

I think I have jiggled my leg about 80 million times in the last hour... haven't done one minute of work either. I've been so hyper that I flew through all my work for today so fast that I was done at 2:30 and had nothing to do for the last 2.5 hours... if only that meant that I could go home early...

I WISH I knew how to keep myself calm when I'm excited :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom