• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dice said:
It is possible to have SSAA on an ATI, right? I'm pretty addicted to SSAA over MSAA or Adaptive MSAA. Usually I am satisfied well enough with 4x and if I could do that on high at 30fps that'd be fine for me.

Yes. Download RadeonPro, make a profile for The Witcher 2. Select SuperSampling option below your antialiasing level.

SSAA may well blur the screen though. Try 4x AA with CFAA Edge Detect for awesome AA... but it'll probably kill your performance. Give it a shot.

Tokubetsu

1jqJ0.jpg

-____________-

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
BoobPhysics101 said:
Yes. Download RadeonPro, make a profile for The Witcher 2. Select SuperSampling option below your antialiasing level.
For some reason RadeonPro gives an error and doesn't load. I've tried driver wipes and different versions and all. :(

SSAA may well blur the screen though.
I like the soft look of SSAA.

Xamdou

Can anyone in the living in the U.S check their steam store to confirm if the TF2 pre-order items for the Witcher 2 are in the page?

Psi

lastplayed said:
GoG has downloaded and compiled... but won't let me install. I guess it'll unlock in 3 minutes? :O

Mine is installing right now, like 25% done. Listening to the soundtrack while it does.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Omi said:
No it isn't, but the blanket terminology he/she used was 'RPGs'.

A genre that has just as much history on consoles as it does on PC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah, after that little scare I got it back on track. I shouldn't have fucked with the files but I figured it would be Ok as long as I changed the directory as wel.

I'm not good at computers and I'm used to Steam protecting me from myself. Anyways, bought time to install this fucker and having a celebratory smoke as it works that out.

OH COME ON COMBINE ALREADY YOU FUCKER

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tokubetsu said:
1jqJ0.jpg

-____________-

Shit man I'm scared of this happening to me to, especially since my downloaded betrayal at krondor installer from GOG was corrupted last time.;_;

Zeliard

Snuggler said:
Ah, after that little scare I got it back on track. I shouldn't have fucked with the files but I figured it would be Ok as long as I changed the directory as wel.

I'm not good at computers and I'm used to Steam protecting me from myself. Anyways, bought time to install this fucker and having a celebratory smoke as it works that out.

I had a smoke too, though not too celebratory since motherfucking no invert goddammit WHY

Zeliard

Snuggler said:
turn your mouse upside down, problem solved

If I had fingers growing out of my palms that would work wonderfully :(

I don't invert with a pad. I just hate using pads for most types of games.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I don't get it... I downloaded the last 100 MB from GOG, but it seems like I'm redownloading all the files again. WTF is going on?

Just realized it says "combining..."

Zeliard

Locke562 said:
I clicked install and it opened... VLC?! Then it crashed...

Yeah it's the associations. You're gonna want to go to your Documents folder and into the GOG.com Downloads\witcher_2 folder, and manually execute the setup from there.

After that it checks the file integrity, which takes some more time, then finally the actual installer begins. I'm there now. :p

Psi said:
Mine is installing right now, like 25% done. Listening to the soundtrack while it does.

Doesn't work from the downloader for some reason. I just launched it straight from the file folder, seems to be working now.

dino1980

lastplayed said:
Doesn't work from the downloader for some reason. I just launched it straight from the file folder, seems to be working now.

When I pressed the install button it just tried to open the bin-file in VLC :D

elwes

lastplayed said:

Having trouble finding the file folder. Where does it save to? It's not in my GOG.com folder.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Locke562

Zeliard said:
Yeah it's the associations. You're gonna want to go to your Documents folder and into the GOG.com Downloads\witcher_2 folder, and manually execute the setup from there.

After that it checks the file integrity, which takes some more time, then finally the actual installer begins. I'm there now. :p

Heh, I already figured that out. I was just having some kind of a panic attack and I was venting. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom