• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Speaking of achievements, I successfully snuck through the camp in chapter two, but only got the Black Ops achievement after I was already well into chapter three. That happen to anyone else?

it's in the main square with the ban ard sorcerer and the incredible lockhart

Thanks. Not sure how I missed this, I was even wandering around just right there lolz.

derFeef

I know I am very lttp, but I finished the prologue yesterday and played a little of act 1. While it is really a fantastic game, will the cutscenes remain that twitchy/janky? Some things are jarring and taking me a bit out of the experience, like NPC's jumping around or appearing out of nowhere, physics stuff acting weird, camera changes and cuts that seem unnecessary etc.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I know I am very lttp, but I finished the prologue yesterday and played a little of act 1. While it is really a fantastic game, will the cutscenes remain that twitchy/janky? Some things are jarring and taking me a bit out of the experience, like NPC's jumping around or appearing out of nowhere, physics stuff acting weird, camera changes and cuts that seem unnecessary etc.

I thought cutscenes were beatiful. Haven't experienced stuff you are talking about.

Lingitiz

Are you on PC? I thought the cutscenes were fantastic. There are some jarring transitions but nothing worse than what you see in Mass Effect.

which version do you play? I'm playing on 360 and have none of the problems you described.

derFeef

Ah, not cutscenes really, more like the dialogue sequences, sorry for that.
Like the conversation with Roche in the prologue - the camera cut's away and then back in with a slightly different angle a few times, which seems weird and unnecessary. Or Geralts hair being stiff while he walks - stuff like that.

which version do you play? I'm playing on 360 and have none of the problems you described.

PC.

Fletcher

Just started playing and I like the game a lot. It's hard, which is a nice change of pace. One question, though. Does choosing the nice option in conversations do anything? For example. Some chick just double crossed me and I found her afterwards and it appears I could've killed her or let her go. I let her go. Will decisions like this play into the story some how, or can I just kill them with no consequences?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just started playing and I like the game a lot. It's hard, which is a nice change of pace. One question, though. Does choosing the nice option in conversations do anything? For example. Some chick just double crossed me and I found her afterwards and it appears I could've killed her or let her go. I let her go. Will decisions like this play into the story some how, or can I just kill them with no consequences?

Far more then any other game (except maybe Alpha Protocol) your decisions all have consequences. There are no "correct" choices though.

Dresden

Eh, do what you want. Some decisions will never come back up. Others will get a blurb at the end. For that particular quest,
it doesn't matter what you do.

derFeef

have you played Alpha Protocol?

Yes, but that system (or like The Walking Dead) is better because if you are short on time you don't need to scroll through the list and maybe accidentily get a choice you do not want because time ran out. Or am I missing something.

Has anyone ran into a glitch where Geralt becomes invincible? The vitality bar reaches zero but he never dies. I've reloaded the save but it seems like it is stuck on there. :\ Kinda killed the fun in combat.

Dammit, a list to scoll through is not a good idea for time-limited choices.

I remember one of these choices, and it was almost meaningless. I might be forgetting one or two, but don't worry about it being a thing.

Has anyone ran into a glitch where Geralt becomes invincible? The vitality bar reaches zero but he never dies. I've reloaded the save but it seems like it is stuck on there. :\ Kinda killed the fun in combat.

I think somebody mentioned this a few pages ago, but I don't remember the details.

pakkit

Banned
Eh, do what you want. Some decisions will never come back up. Others will get a blurb at the end. For that particular quest,
it doesn't matter what you do.

I kind of like this element. In Mass Effect it's usually pretty clear when you're making a HUGE DECISION or a minor inconsequential one (and the best in game moments in ME3 were when multiple different decisions effected a huge moment in the game). Here, the shades of influence are much more behind the scenes and I appreciate that. It feels more like moment to moment role-playing instead of "good/evil".

Thought about checking out the new content even though I've played it through twice on PC, but it just crashes to desktop any time I try to load a save or start a new game, as well as annoyingly trying to reinstall MS Net Framework (workaround though there may be). Not going to bother aimlessly trying a bunch of troubleshoots like completely having to completely redownload it just to be sure. I already had to do that just to update it jeez. Glad I already played through or I'd be pretty annoyed.

gdt

Okay, finished the game, Iorveth path this time. VERY different than the Roche path, of course. Awesome, awesome game, as I knew a year ago.

BUT, where is all the extra content added with the EE? I didn't notice anything new at all in Act 3. Aside from the Iorvethness of it. New videos though, and the capping scene after the credits was jaw dropping, but wtf? What happened to 3/4 hours of more gameplay?

And once again, the ending chat/info dump/fight with Letho was so good. Perfect way to cap the game off.

Edit: Sorry! The Secrets of Loc Muinne is a new quest, did that. Wasn't as meaty as I was expecting though :/. I guess I have to do another Roche playthrough to get the other new quest.

So I got a new 1080p monitor and is it me or are the dark scenes nearly impossible to make out detail? I can't see shit in the forest in Act 1 during the night. Crushed blacks galore.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Finished up the game, Iorveth's side. Have to say, while I missed Roche, Iorveth's path was just as incredible. I made a lot of different choices this time, particularly toward the end. I'm curious how much of this will carry over in the third game.

Also, just a random note here, but at the very end while
talking to Letho, he was discussing the monk whose clothes he took and made some remark about how he gave him some orens. He quickly backtracks saying something along the lines of, 'Or loaned. I killed him soon after.'
His delivery of that line really cracked me up for some reason. What a fantastic character.

CAVE343

Just finished the tutorial and the game recommends I play on Easy. Should I do it or just switch to Normal anyways?

Switch to normal, combat isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it

Edit: I'm playing on Dark now and its pretty easy indeed and on top of that the special outfits almost make Dark mode a cakewalk

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Just finished the tutorial and the game recommends I play on Easy. Should I do it or just switch to Normal anyways?

if you play on normal enemies don't block and you will miss a lot. but if you can't fare on normal, play on easy, this game is pretty hard.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just finishing tutorial, holy shit so many things to consider :(

During the final trial my mind suddenly went blank and "eeeh eeeeh eeeeeeeeh riposte riposte press what button now? Parrying aaaaah? Bomb traps throwing knives aaaah what are the commands for that?" and thus the hero is killed after only fighting 3 guys.

The game recommended easy, damn! Hahaha.

Seriously though, I am a bit overwhelmed. Especially since I *really* have to pay attention in order to fully absorb the story because I didn't play the 1st game. So fully understanding all the game mechanics on top of trying to make sense of things is a bit too much, for now.

Dresden

During the final trial my mind suddenly went blank and "eeeh eeeeh eeeeeeeeh riposte riposte press what button now? Parrying aaaaah? Bomb traps throwing knives aaaah what are the commands for that?" and thus the hero is killed after only fighting 3 guys.

Seriously though, I am a bit overwhelmed. Especially since I *really* have to pay attention in order to fully absorb the story because I didn't play the 1st game. So fully understanding all the game mechanics on top of trying to make sense of things is a bit too much, for now.

Just follow my three step guide.

1. ROLL.

2. MAKE BOMBS

3. TOSS BOMBS.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

This started happening to me near the end of the game. I think you stop regenerating vigor as well. I solved it by reloading a previous save and then not getting all the way to zero health. I don't even know what causes it, but if you try very hard not to die, you won't have to worry!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The narrative of The Witcher 2 stands on its own two feet aside from the assumption that you'll remember Dandelion, Triss, and Zoltan, but even so your history with them isn't important to the story. I couldn't remember much of the original game when I began playing the sequel and never encountered a moment where I found myself thinking, "Wait a minute, I don't remember that..."

Cheat. Seriously though, the wiki is best. There are like four books you can buy, and they will tell you what the runes represent. And then you have to determine the order of the runes by reading the poem. But the order that actually works makes no sense half the time.

So, basically, cheat or trial and error.

I liked the puzzles. With the books you can figure out most of them without much of a fuss. A couple were kind of strange but you could use elimination.

Just remember to use quen just in case.

How in the actual fuck do you solve the weird rune puzzles in Act 3 (4 designs, a poem on a stand, and a red chest)?

buy the Rune Books and you're good to go. read the sentences carefully. one word from the sentence always shows what "category" the sentence itself is.

Top Bottom