• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 box art & pre-order bonuses leaked

ViZ7

Neo Member
The "pre-order bonuses" thing really seems to be a clickbait from this website to me (which is cool, no need for these bonuses tbh).

Hope the download comes with these pre-order bonuses in a digital format. Witcher compendium could be pretty sick. I suppose we'll find out during the livestream.

Box art looks spectacular for PC, but the cropping and coloured banners spoil the console versions. I'll probably be buying this digitally, anyway, unless the Super Ultra Collector's Edition they unveil tonight is too mindblowing for me to pass up on it.

M.Steiner

Looking forward to seeing what the CE contents are like as that's the edition I'll no doubt be buying for this. If it's anything like TW2 CE I'd expect it to be great value for money.

Based on 2 games track records it would be safe to say what is being shown is the standard edition. They give goodies even with the standard
I'm thinking the same but I guess we'll find out tonight =)

Pooya

Is this new?

1401968233-capture.jpg

I don't think those are preorder bonuses.

CDProjeckt actually gives out free things for standard editions but it's a pretty simple mistake to make nowadays when nobody but them has you preordering to get stuff.

Sentenza

uuhh, that box art leaves me terribly anxious that TW3 is gonne become the Mass Effect 3 of this franchise. I hope this game isn't alienating to people who played either of the first two titles...
Yeah, all the signs are pointing to a rushed, awful looking game:

mibosz.gif

Are you fucking serious?

L1NETT

GrayDock

The X1 box in front of the PS4 one is not usual.
I don't remember seeing the boxes in this order ever.

MS partnership in motion I guess.

And I think that a Kingdom of Amalur boxart-like would be better.
250px-Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning_cover.png

ViZ7

Neo Member

Even though I don't really like The Kingdom of Amalur boxart, I really want to give you props for actually showing something you would have liked better than just saying the boxart looks "bland", making you look like nothing looks good to you.

E92 M3

Yes, I would like it in that style....also can't wait for the actual collectors reveal. I regretted not getting the second one.

Kinda like TW2 then, that also came with some nice goodies and then CDPR even threw in a ton more on gog including the full artbook and Triss's playboy session. Can't wait to hold this in my eager hands.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
On one hand, the physical goodies make me want the disc version.

On the other, god damn that box art is bad. Why the grimace? Why the white background?

Save us, cover art Gaf.

Savitar

Not great box art but love that this is the standard stuff.

When most companies are reducing the box to nothing but a disc and some times not even that these guys are doing the opposite.

Hell I even grinned at seeing the manual.

E92 M3

Not great box art but love that this is the standard stuff.

When most companies are reducing the box to nothing but a disc and some times not even that these guys are doing the opposite.

Hell I even grinned at seeing the manual.

Yes, manuals are something that excite me these days. Sad we reached that point...

zonezeus

They got the "pre-order" part wrong, maybe they got the cover wrong as well. I don't really care either way, I'm buying this for the game not the boxart.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Witcher 1 and Witcher 1 EE covers are still the best

BomE0GG.jpg
0AGZq18.jpg

They don't need to have the big mighty male hero on the cover to sell like Witcher 2 and now Witcher 3, The Elder Scrolls series fon an example uses simple and minimalist cover design.

sublimit

Banned
"These are not pre-order bonuses.These are content of the standard edition."

CD Project Red - The antiUbisoft.

Rrang129

What are the chances of them porting Witcher 1 and 2 to PS4 / Xbone? Would be neat to have them all on one system...

modeyv2

Banned
What a shit box art. Please be loud enough for them to hear peoples request to change.

Maybe something more visually appealing and dark like this, if they 'must' include the hero.

Dark-Souls-PS3-Box-Art-JP-685x794.jpg

boskee

I am confident that "Pre-order assets now available" refers to some kind of pre-order bonus material that will be available on gog.com after the conference. That's what they did before The Witcher 2 was released - there was a "goodie zip" with wallpapers and music tracks IIRC.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
CDPR definitely fucked up the box art. Generic and bland...gerallt closeup and white background ewww.

Exuro

Well they remade the tw2 boxart before release so I wouldn't be surprised if this gets changed since the release date is a ways out.

Top Bottom