• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 box art & pre-order bonuses leaked

I enjoyed TW1's story much more than TW2.

The Story was good. How it was presented is positively ancient though. I'm not really sure why you enjoyed it MUCH more at any rate but different opinions I guess.

The backtracking in that game was also preposterous at times. It wore me down at the end.

Sciortino

Well I'm certainly cancelling my pre-order if the box is like that.
i2jjtyqwFRsa8.gif

mclem

Have they given any indication what spec PC gives the visuals shown upthread? I'm pretty sure my current desktop won't handle it, but I'm probably due an upgrade within 18 months or so, so there's a fair chance I'll go to one that can do it at that point.

fasTRapid

Banned
Hopefully there'll be a superior steelbook, because that box art looks like utter shit. :/
Shitty pose, shitty cropped and don't even talk about that blank background.

White background and focus on the protag kind of worked for MW3, but only because it was b/w, except for the logo.

Exuro

I enjoyed W1 more than W2 because of the atmosphere and music, but story-wise W2 was clear better than W1
TW2 botched it with the music yeah. They went for the more epic sound which i disliked. You would have to agree that TW1 has a better ending at least. Probably the most satisfying ending to a game I'm played in a long time.

The soundtrack and map with the standard edition is incredibly generous, and just downright fantastic.

I might double dip for a physical copy of the console version...or just get it on the console only. Watch_Dogs needing 3+ GB VRAM for ultra makes me think I won't enjoy playing it on PC.

Eusis

Audio CD is an odd choice. Not that I'm complaining, but why not just put the mp3s on the game disc?
Higher sound quality as I recall, and this way you can rip at whatever quality you like.

Plus these are the kinds of people still willing to give us an (awesome) physical package in 2014 why would they go "meh just have MP3s" at this stage? If you wanted those kinds of goods you'd just buy digitally, namely on PC whereas I don't think your idea would work on PS4/XB1. It'd need to be a download code, though at least they actually have the infrastructure for that.

Higher sound quality as I recall, and this way you can rip at whatever quality you like.

Plus these are the kinds of people still willing to give us an (awesome) physical package in 2014 why would they go "meh just have MP3s" at this stage? If you wanted those kinds of goods you'd just buy digitally, namely on PC whereas I don't think your idea would work on PS4/XB1. It'd need to be a download code, though at least they actually have the infrastructure for that.

Just feels like a weird insert these days cause it doesn't have a jewel case and correct me if I'm wrong PS4 users can't even play it. It's like for people who are rockin next gen hardware and CD players at the same time.

What's up with his eyes?

I don't like the box-art at all. Shouldn't surprise me though. The Witcher 2 box-art was generic as well.

ryuken-d

Well I'm certainly cancelling my pre-order if the box is like that.

haha, yes. it does seem that the white background is a thing thats been going around for 3rd games.....deadspace3, redfacttion 3 (actually may be 4), lost planet 3..... others maybe.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
my CPU is already spinning like a hamster with a firecracker up his arse thinking about this, but can't wait

Jomjom

Banned
Ugh I'm tired of box art for westerners. They always just focuses on the main character, so boring. Japanese and some European (mostly just the ones where they keep the Japanese box art) are so much more... artistic.

At least this isn't the cliche of the guy just walking forward, like basically every single FPS game boxart.

JayEH

Like the cover art and what a great standard edition. Gotta love CD Project. The 360 version of Witcher 2 had a great amount of stuff with it too.

fuck that is generic. it's so forgettable. why do publishers insist on the laziest box art for a game that people worked hard on? i know the rational is "generic sells more!", but give me a break. if i knew nothing about the Witcher series and saw that on a store shelf i'd walk right by it 10 out 10 times.

boskee

fuck that is generic. it's so forgettable. why do publishers insist on the laziest box art for a game that people worked hard on? i know the rational is "generic sells more!", but give me a break. if i knew nothing about the Witcher series and saw that on a store shelf i'd walk right by it 10 out 10 times.

In this case CD Projekt Red is self-publishing the game so all blame lies in their marketing and graphic departments.

JayEH

In this case CD Projekt Red is self-publishing the game so all blame lies in their marketing and graphic departments.

They're self publishing PC digital version. Namco is publishing the retail versions in Europe and WB games in NA.

Well that is some disappointing and generic box art. But who am I kidding I don't buy game to look at the cases. As long as it gets people to buy the game so CD Projekt Red can hurry up with Cyberpunk 2077 I'm for whatever.

Because fuck physical releases, we are so far past the point of boxart mattering

Carlius

Banned
absolutely love thebox art, reminds me of the original ffxiv CE boxart with white background. its a treasure i cherish and i love lol, and i love this one too.

Aruhamel

Banned
Unless you're buying the box art to masturbate to, what's the big deal?

Kieli

Yeah, it's pretty fucking stupid that you won't buy the game because of box art.

If it rustles your jimmies that much, why don't you go to Staples and have them print you a custom cover?...

Jesus Christ.

The placement of the different versions suggest that Wild Hunt will be showing up at Microsoft's presser, hardly surprizing considering they were there last year.

Man, I sure am horribly upset and want to rage on the internet over the box art of that game I probably will buy digitally anyways and never actually see the fucking box.

Eusis

Just feels like a weird insert these days cause it doesn't have a jewel case and correct me if I'm wrong PS4 users can't even play it. It's like for people who are rockin next gen hardware and CD players at the same time.
No, you're right, PS4 can't read CD. Though neither can Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP, or Vita, and we still see LEs with CDs for those.

Top Bottom