• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 box art & pre-order bonuses leaked

Fuz

Banned
Don't care, I'll get the CE again anyway.

But yes, all that white on the boxart is pretty ugly.

RPGCrazied

Love to get this on my PS4 when I get it eventually, but you can't even play the first 2 on a Sony system, and I don't like getting half the story, so I don't know about this one.

Sentenza

Don't care, I'll get the CE again anyway.

But yes, all that white on the boxart is pretty ugly.
"All that white" is the least problematic part of that box art, actually.
It's really the portrait of Geralt which is a bit underwhelming.

cfnYug9.png

What shitty boxart. Luckily, they have time and better change it. Flock to twitter if you people are getting solids. That is some kind of ish.

What are the chances of them porting Witcher 1 and 2 to PS4 / Xbone? Would be neat to have them all on one system...

Porting Witcher 1 is worth no one's damned time. It needs to be remade. Witcher 2 would require being remade in the new engine I am pretty sure but a port should be possible though would cost oodles of time. Doubting it here for now but we all know a Witcher 2 console version for next gen would benefit oh so damn much from the combat rebalance alone. It's a meh engine, meaning W2, though as far as performance and pop-in and AA.

I'll probably get the super ultra edition since it'll be my last opportunity to. Their standard editions are pretty meaty though. I remember when I bought the enhanced edition of the first game it was sitting on the shelf flush with the rest of the games. I go to pull it out and end up with something the size of a cinder block. Look at the shelf again and it turns out there was only room for one copy. Crazy

Alpende

I love how they pack in small stuff like that. They also did it for the 360 version. Wonder what the CE is, I might just buy that if it isn't too expensive.

misho8723

Banned
I have read (from people who have pre-order) that the CE edition is going to cost about 3700 czk, which is about 134-135 €.. isn't that too much? even if they have a statue in that edition

Philippo

Big game manual, Lore book, soundtrack and mudafuckin' stickers in the standard edition? Sweet baby Jesus CDPR truly is special.
I love you guys.

milena87

I especially like that there's a physical soundtrack in the normal edition (and other extras as well).

I will buy the CE, though.

injurai

Banned
I couldn't care less about box art, even though it's nice when it turns out great.

I'd rather a company that I adore like CD Projekt RED to maximize their sales. It goes back to the same thing Ken Levine talked on with the Bioshock Infinite box art. Letting go of marketing control allows the team more time to work and focus with more confidence that sales will come through.

Icing on the cake is the bonuses that they always pack in the standard edition.

SDCowboy

Really lame box art, IMO. Very generic. With that, I'm SUPER hyped for he game which is all that really matters.

Aruhamel

Banned
You guys are obviously not sophisticated enough to appreciate the box art. The 'bland white background' is obviously a shade of virginal white meant to forecast the final loss of Geralt's innocence and his further descent into jaded cynicism.

ajim

Having never played The Witcher 1, and getting bored of The Wither 2... I feel like I should give this franchise a second shot and dive in on Witcher 3, it looks so bad ass.

Yep look how rushed it looks too...
UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

LOL, this will easily be the best game in the series, or in the least it will contend with Witcher 2 for story and beat its pants off engine wise.

No one should worry here guys. They have an actual text they have to follow somewhat. This isn't crazy jankbones writing some hackstory in 3 months. They made gigantic strides from Witcher 1, which is in all honesty not as playable as it used to be when nothing else was out.

Exuro

No one should worry here guys. They have an actual text they have to follow somewhat. This isn't crazy jankbones writing some hackstory in 3 months. They made gigantic strides from Witcher 1, which is in all honesty not as playable as it used to be when nothing else was out.
I enjoyed TW1's story much more than TW2.

I have read (from people who have pre-order) that the CE edition is going to cost about 3700 czk, which is about 134-135 €.. isn't that too much? even if they have a statue in that edition

I hope it dosent have a statue, but the price is fine. This might be the only game I will buy in a year, and its the last in the saga, so I am willing to splurge €250 if that is what it takes!

L1NETT

Obligatory what if I didn't play Witcher 1 or 2, can I start with 3 and still enjoy the experience post?

Yep

Recaps will probably be in 3, and if not recaps are available via slick motion comic things on youtube

Also, the story picks up at pretty clear break as to the happenings in the Northern Realms.

An invasion

But...I would advise you to try and play 1/2 (2 at least) before February!

Hope that helps

Yep

Recaps will probably be in 3, and if not recaps are available via slick motion comic things on youtube

Also, the story picks up at pretty clear break as to the happenings in the Northern Realms.

An invasion

But...I would advise you to try and play 1/2 (2 at least) before February!

Hope that helps

Thanks for your reply. There's just no way I'll have the time to play through them before then (as I'm not much of a PC gamer anymore).

Top Bottom