• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 probably getting announced February 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
So it's actually realistic to think that The Witcher 3 is further in development than Cyberpunk and will hit sooner? That would be amazing.

The Witcher 3 2014/2015
Cyberpunk 2015/2016

Maybe?

Didn't they confirm W3 was further ahead in development? I'm sure it'll probably come out sometime next year.

Dantis

Yes, you do, ASAP!

Man, I really need to do a third playthrough soon. Did a Roche playthrough and then a Iorveth playthrough back at PC launch, and haven't touched the game since.

Haha, I did this too. I picked up the 360 version for a mere 99p a few weeks ago, so that seems as good a reason as any to replay it.

diamount

Banned
I really hope not. We all saw what saving importing did to Mass Effect. It wastes resources on absolutely nothing.

CDPR should tell their story.

Really? W2 spoilers incoming

Sparing or having Roche kill Henselt, who rules Temeria, if you knew about Saskia's secret and ect, should have major implications. Not ot mention Nilfgaard actually invading these choices should come into play if the Northern Kingdoms are united or fractured

end spoilers

Am I the only one who prefers more "linear" open world stuff like deus ex and witcher 2 over full on open world?

I always think the latter just affects the story and pacing too much

injurai

Banned
So it's actually realistic to think that The Witcher 3 is further in development than Cyberpunk and will hit sooner? That would be amazing.

The Witcher 3 2014/2015
Cyberpunk 2015/2016

Maybe?

I'd say TW3 in 2014.

Cyber being 15/16 though former is more likely.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The Witcher 3 2014/2015
Cyberpunk 2015/2016

Maybe?
I'll go out on a limb.

Witcher 3 - Q1/Q2 2014.
Cyberpunk - Q1 2015.

raphier

Banned
Woah, The Witcher 3 reveal five days before my birthday!? And they're directly saying it will be fully open-world? OMFG :dies:

Seriously, if they manage to have a open-world game with the detail and atmosphere if The Witcher games.. :O
Prtr, its gonna be revealed on my birthday!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

The Witcher 3 2014/2015
Cyberpunk 2015/2016

Maybe?

Not realistic, but a fact. The devs have stated a couple of times now that their non-Cyberpunk project is much further along. They're likely talking about Cyberpunk at the moment primarily to drum up hype and recruit new staff for the project.

Sentenza

I honestly can't wait to see what's changed (and possibly improved) with this sequel.
Let's hope they are going for more world/NPC interaction.

zkylon

zkylewd
They really need to revamp their facial animation system.
Revamp's a stretch. The faces are fine, they're not perfect but it's not nearly as bad as most RPGs.

But yeah more GFX is always good since CDPR knows how to make shit look great from both design and tech.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not realistic, but a fact. The devs have stated a couple of times now that their non-Cyberpunk project is much further along. They're likely talking about Cyberpunk at the moment primarily to drum up hype and recruit new staff for the project.

There's even a recruitment ad in the trailer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You know, February 5th would actually be the next time a Game Informer cover is revealed as well.

I wonder if they actually got that. It'd be a pretty huge promotional win given Game Informer's ~8.5+ million subscribers.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
announcements of announcements

I'd normally hate this, but it's CDProjekt so I'll make an exception

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Its not impossible (though maybe a bit optimistic) for The witcher 3 to be released late 2013 or early 2014, if they started work on it shortly after finishing the second game. By the time november comes, the witcher 2 will have been out for two and a half years. Also worth pointing out is that they had to build that engine from scratch for the second game, now they can simply improve upon their already solid foundation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Its not impossible (though maybe a bit optimistic) for The witcher 3 to be released late 2013 or early 2014, if they started work on it shortly after finishing the second game. By the time november comes, the witcher 2 will have been out for two and a half years. Also worth pointing out is that they had to build that engine from scratch for the second game, now they can simply improve upon their already solid foundation.

Yeah, I'm guessing The Witcher 3 is a lot further along than people might expect. A good chunk of the staff were busy with the Enhanced Edition content, but they've also been working on The Witcher 3 in some respect since before The Witcher 2 shipped.

Going by what they've said in interviews, they're keeping the core design of The Witcher 2 for the third game, with changes/additions where they feel the formula could be improved. Open world or not, I expect The Witcher 3 to play pretty similarly to The Witcher 2.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm guessing The Witcher 3 is a lot further along than people might expect. A good chunk of the staff were busy with the Enhanced Edition content, but they've also been working on The Witcher 3 in some respect since before The Witcher 2 shipped.

Going by what they've said in interviews, they're keeping the core design of The Witcher 2 for the third game, with changes/additions where they feel the formula could be improved. Open world or not, I expect The Witcher 3 to play pretty similarly to The Witcher 2.

Judging by what is in the OP, it must be open world.
Witcher 2 was sort of open world though, I guess they were more like Hubs, so I would expect it to be that but on a larger scale.

Anarkin

That's from a news about the REDkit beta.

It’s been a while since you’ve heard about the REDkit beta. Well, the beta program is still in full effect with participants sending us loads of awesome content every day. We would like to share it with you on the go, but you’re going to have to wait a little longer to see the outcomes of their work. It shouldn’t be too long however, so stay tuned for more info. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for official announcements as well. Oh, and if you are wondering what’s that in that picture above – well, we’ll leave it for your imagination to answer. :)

Source: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/327

The Witcher 3 hint?

en_9ff204f2.jpg

Wallach

I'm not going to pretend I've been super excited about The Witcher 3, but "fully open-world" definitely sparks my interest.

Can't wait. The Witcher 2: EE will be the first game I play on my new PC in March, fucking loved the 360 version. Hyped for whatever they do with TW3.

Sentenza

I'm not going to pretend I've been super excited about The Witcher 3, but "fully open-world" definitely sparks my interest.
I'm just hoping that in terms of world design they will take inspiration from good open world games (Gothic, Risen, Ultima) and not from the bad ones (TES saga, Kingdom of Amalur, Assassin's Creed, etc).

Wallach

I'm just hoping that in terms of world design they will take inspiration from good open world games (Gothic, Risen, Ultima) and not from the bad ones (TES saga, Kingdom of Amalur, Assassin's Creed, etc).

I think if they looked to TES for anything, I'd hope for it to be how Bethesda physically constructs their game worlds. Not strictly for things they do right, mind you, but I think there is a lot to learn there. Otherwise, yeah, I hope they do look to draw from more in-depth, hardcore open-world titles. Witcher 2 felt like a relatively large step towards game design that I'm not particularly interested in anymore.

Moff

Seriously, I do not have any concerns there. the witcher games have been pretty much the opposite of the TES series when it comes to rpgs. and I am very sure they will follow that path in the third installment and rely on their strenghts, even in a more open world. I doubt very much they will serve us something like skyrim.

I am very hyped for this, I absolutely adored both games, even played the second one twice in a row (which makes sense). Do they use the game engine? its still one of the best looking games around, I'd love part 3 in 2013/early 2014, and with the same engine I think thats absolutely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom