• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

The game got leaked here (UAE)

https://twitter.com/UAEgames15/status/596740461533921280?s=09

CEgMQLYUIAAntqz.jpg

CEgLZAnUMAA0Xes.jpg

curious if it's censored considering the amount of sexual content. But awesome man, enjoy. let us know.

Noaloha

Haven't followed the comparative PC performance stuff closely for this.

I have a three year old PC, 3GB 7970 and 3570K@4.4. I'm curious if that rig would give notable gains over PS4. I'll dip for PC if the difference will be great enough, but otherwise I'm quite happy to take a slightly sub-pretty PS4 version for the advantage of a no fuss, from-the-couch-with-partner experience.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the pop ups will be that visible when you play the game and are focused on playing it.

Even though I have a gtx780 and a 1440p monitor, I would prefer it on my ps4..don't know how to decide.

kinga kujawska is just..awesome.

viveks86

I wonder if I switched the steam version to Arabic it will be censored? that if steam version support Arabic language.

The censorship only applies to retail.

Nope. Applies to steam too, apparently

Got confirmation from CDPR that the Steam version of the mentioned countries will also be censored.

Well now I'm pissed, still pondering whether or not to get a Steam refund and buy from GOG or wait and see if there's a way to remove the censorship after release.

Quoting a PM I got from one of the employees:

"Hello,

Yes - it will be censored version of the game. We have to do that not to get banned - but GOG will have a arabic version that is not concerned (they dont have region block because it is DRM FREE).

All the best
Rafał "

And like I care about Arabic localization...

viveks86

wait...steam version is censored too in the middle east ?
even if my main language is arabic , i didn't like Tomb Raider 2013 in arabic
if it censored , i have to buy it as a gift from someone in US

Download from GOG. Apparently that's not censored

whoaduh

This was great! thank you.

I know its a small/silly thing for most people but the touch pad and lightbar touches are very cool to me.

I love little touches like this also. Although I never notice the light bar stuff while playing a game.

Story isn't great in the games, but the novels and world building are great.

Yeah its crazy how much i'm a fan of the franchise considering most of that stems from the books themselves (which I adore). I didn't care for W1 or W2 either and have never completed them.... or really even played them extensively for that matter

Hoping (and it's looking pretty damn promising at this point) that changes with W3 tho :)

erawsd

I love little touches like this also. Although I never notice the light bar stuff while playing a game.

Yeah its completely useless, imo. Its probably so simple to add them though so theres no reason not to support it. The touchpad functionality they've added is really cool.

zkorejo

Why? If it's censored in retail, it would apply to console version too

I have hopes because they never mentioned (I think) console versions when they talked about games being censored.

Maybe you are right.... I am just hoping that somehow.. I get the uncensored version.

I have a feeling I will probably end up with one of those leaked UAE ps4 copies on May 19th. I wont even get the game early in my country and end up with a f'n censored game.

Yeah its crazy how much i'm a fan of the franchise considering most of that stems from the books themselves (which I adore). I didn't care for W1 or W2 either and have never completed them.... or really even played them extensively for that matter

Hoping (and it's looking pretty damn promising at this point) that changes with W3 tho :)
My love for the books translated to the love for the game. Regardless of level of the actual plot the characters, setting and gameplay makes the game worth it

Kinthalis

Banned
Haven't followed the comparative PC performance stuff closely for this.

I have a three year old PC, 3GB 7970 and 3570K@4.4. I'm curious if that rig would give notable gains over PS4. I'll dip for PC if the difference will be great enough, but otherwise I'm quite happy to take a slightly sub-pretty PS4 version for the advantage of a no fuss, from-the-couch-with-partner experience.

Last time I heard the PC version is ALSO no fuss. In fact, every PC verison includes a free 1/4 the load times bonus no fuss coupon! AND that's not all, it also includes a bust of Geralt that when rubbed vigorously, raises the frame rate from amere 30 FPS to a 60 FPS! You heard me right, you get DOUBLE the frame rate (but only while rubbing geralt's bust).

Seriously, the main differences for a setup like yours will be:

- Better LOD/view distance.
- Better IQ (AA/AF).
- Better frame rate.
- Cheaper.
- Mods in the future.

No hardware accelerated physx stuff for you, unfortunately, so in that end of the spectrum you'll be even keel with the PS4. Also comfy coulch is just a laptop lying around (to stream to via Steam in home streaming) or an HDMI wire (if your PC setup is feasible) away!

Top Bottom