• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

GAMESPOT 10/10

10 from gamespot.

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

Axial

Its probably stuffed. A Booby trap.
That's what I was thinking too, reminds me of an old Polish legend about a dragon killed by a poor cobbler's apprentice with a lamb stuffed with sulphur.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawel_Dragon
He stuffed a lamb with sulphur and set it outside the dragon's cave. The dragon ate it and soon became incredibly thirsty. He turned to the Vistula River for relief and drank and drank. But no amount of water could quench his aching stomach, and after swelling up from drinking half the Vistula river, he exploded.

Framerate is looking iffy on the PS4 if the reviews are anything to go by...and apparently, according to Gamespot's review this is with the day 1 patch applied.

Not gonna lie, I'm slightly worried. This game looks perfect, and I've been waiting for so long, the last thing I want is for performance issues to ruin my experience.

:(

ufo8mycat

Framerate is looking iffy on the PS4 if the reviews are anything to go by...and apparently, according to Gamespot's review this is with the day 1 patch applied.

Not gonna lie, I'm slightly worried. This game looks perfect, and I've been waiting for so long, the last thing I want is for performance issues to ruin my experience.

It would depend how sensitive you are to frame rate. Everyone mentioned Bloodborne has frame rate issues, but I didn't notice it once in my time of playing.

It would depend how sensitive you are to frame rate. Everyone mentioned Bloodborne has frame rate issues, but I didn't notice it once in my time of playing.

I'm very sensitive to them, especially sub-30 framerates. I don't need a 100% rock-solid 30fps (even thought it would be nice :D), but I do want it to be stable for the majority of the time.

BatSu

keep-calm-and-keep-the-faith-46.png

I'm trying, and I'm remembering how good of a job they did with the dinosaur that was the Xbox 360, but so many reviews are mentioning the iffy framerate.

If the day 1 patch doesn't improve the framerate, I might just sit on the game and wait for another patch. I don't want anything ruining this experience, I've waited too long.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hope the framerate issues reviews mentioned are addressed. Seems odd that no one playing has mentioned those all that much but reviews have. Must be late game stuff.

gyuP07Q.png

Ugh, that's some ugly armor.

I thought it looked really cool at a glance but then I noticed the diaper.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I'm trying, and I'm remembering how good of a job they did with the dinosaur that was the Xbox 360, but so many reviews are mentioning the iffy framerate.

If the day 1 patch doesn't improve the framerate, I might just sit on the game and wait for another patch. I don't want anything ruining this experience, I've waited too long.

same ill save my money a little bit and wait until some stability updates possibly come out.....i hope

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
same ill save my money a little bit and wait until some stability updates possibly come out.....i hope

CDPR just came out yesterday and said they have improved performance on all platforms in the past 2 weeks. Which means though the review copies may have had A patch, the likely hood of it being the day one patch are small.

Also, the framerate hitches didn't ruin the experience for any of the reviewers, and I doubt they are enough to ruin it for you either.

Relax, and enjoy what will likely be one of if not the best games you play this year.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
CDPR just came out yesterday and said they have improved performance on all platforms in the past 2 weeks. Which means though the review copies may have had A patch, the likely hood of it being the day one patch are small.

Also, the framerate hitches didn't ruin the experience for any of the reviewers, and I doubt they are enough to ruin it for you either.

Relax, and enjoy what will likely be one of if not the best games you play this year.

oh no I agree however if I know there will be an update in a few weeks I will just wait for it, its like buying a brand new pair of shoes. Do you buy the pair with marks or scuffs all over it or do you wait for a nicer pair to come in. ill just wait a few weeks regardless I know the game is worth it

omonimo

Banned

I imagine it's quite too much to ask a locked 30fps to such game. Be a bit more realistic.

Please post link to where it says reviewer had 1.01 patch, I read IGN and Gamespot reviews and neither mention the patch at all.

Please post link to where it says reviewer had 1.01 patch, I read IGN and Gamespot reviews and neither mention the patch at all.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/

At the bottom of the page it says:

Kevin VanOrd
Kevin VanOrd has played all three Witcher games and read several of the novels. He spent about 100 hours with The Witcher 3 on a PlayStation 4 debug system, a version that included the games' day-one patch. He uses the word "ploughing" in everyday speech.

Hyphen

Is it spoilery?

Not really, but don't watch it. A lot of the 'beauty' that is shown is new, and would be best experienced for the first time when playing the game, and not via a YouTube video. You only need hold out for 1 more week my friend.

Top Bottom