• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

with walmart's system. it is nothing like this. Once the game is in the computer, it is ready to be sold. If it is not in the computer, it comes up with the message saying "Item sell not allowed, not in computer system". This could happen with any item, not just games in walmart.

So if walmart has it out, its worth checking out to see if they can sell it. Once again, if the game is in their computer sell system, you can purchase it.

I learned this from my experience as a short time working in electronics at Walmart and from my friend who is a manager at walmart. You basically have nothing to lose to try. you can also make the argument alot of times that the game was out there and esculate it to see the manager. If you dont get the item at hand, you will get some sort of compensation.

Also if you live in the Los Angeles/Long Beach area, independent retailers are breaking streetdate today. just a heads up.
Next to my house anyways.

More like the disappointment vibe from everyone about the downgrade, like it's kinda toxic. I don't really mind the spoilers, but it makes me feel like the game is gimped now lol

That's strange. I don't think the negative words of others could ever detract from my hype for this game or any other game. Downgrade or not, the game looks incredible.

You've liked what you've seen of the final build footage, yeah? If so, then just buy the game, lol. Screw what other people say. ;)

Tigress

with walmart's system. it is nothing like this. Once the game is in the computer, it is ready to be sold. If it is not in the computer, it comes up with the message saying "Item sell not allowed, not in computer system". This could happen with any item, not just games in walmart.

For all I know that's how the target system works. All I know was the game I wanted was out on the floor but when he tried to ring it up the computer wouldn't let him. He went to get help and his coworker was more in the know and said it was cause it wasn't supposed to be out on the floor yet.

Point being the computer will error when trying to sell it and they would have to find a work around to sell it.

Anyone else order CE from Amazon? Should have done in store, but never got around to it. Estimated delivery date says Thursday :(

With past games the shipping date usually updates to release day on Friday or Saturday, hoping that'll be the case here. I did email contact them about it, but didn't do much good.

Just curious if others are in a similar situation. Can't wait!!

My order says Wednesday. Hopefully they will update the expected delivery to Tuseday sometime soon this weekend.

For all I know that's how the target system works. All I know was the game I wanted was out on the floor but when he tried to ring it up the computer wouldn't let him. He went to get help and his coworker was more in the know and said it was cause it wasn't supposed to be out on the floor yet.

Point being the computer will error when trying to sell it and they would have to find a work around to sell it.
If by some miracle it's out ill see if it's somebody that looks in the know. If not I'll kick in the charm.

Next to my house anyways.

you have nothing to lose then, go for it.

Yea I know. I'm just speaking from my experiences as walmart. Its why most of the time people are able to get games early from Walmarts. Once it is in the system, it is for sale. They dont tell you that though.

Also to chime in.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/599236523993800704

CDPR are perfectly okay with you broadcasting the game on twitch or wherever. So it should be fine to broadcast on twitch. I can see a salty/misinformed mod/admin not knowing though.

Saladinoo

Sorry that this is a little off topic guys, but I'm trying to decide weather to pre-order The Witcher III for PS4 - I can't tell if the sound track etc. only comes with the pre order, or if it will come with all new standard physical editions of the game? I probably won't play it until the end of July, but I better find out now!

ironcreed

Banned
From the Hitbox stream. About like the other one I made of the same area, but a bit longer.

pI3xHj1.gif

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
From the Hitbox stream. About like the other one I made of the same area, but a bit longer.

pI3xHj1.gif

Yeah it looks great. I had to laugh at the jump button info on the bottom right corner, it's as if the games asks you if you would like to fall into your death.

you have nothing to lose then, go for it.

Yea I know. I'm just speaking from my experiences as walmart. Its why most of the time people are able to get games early from Walmarts. Once it is in the system, it is for sale. They dont tell you that though.

Also to chime in.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/599236523993800704

CDPR are perfectly okay with you broadcasting the game on twitch or wherever. So it should be fine to broadcast on twitch. I can see a salty/misinformed mod/admin not knowing though.
Wasn't there anyways. At least my curiosity is gone now. Imma head home and buy/preload

You can turn off the control prompts, right? I know the HUD is customizable but every video has had that on.

yes. EVERY UI element is changeable in options menu. I was quite surprised to see that even in a console editions. one could easily run the game with all the UI turned off entirely

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
yes. EVERY UI element is changeable in options menu. I was quite surprised to see that even in a console editions. one could easily run the game with all the UI turned off entirely

Excellent. I'm definitely turning off the combat feed, button prompts, the weather/ToD thing, and shrinking the health bar.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
More like the disappointment vibe from everyone about the downgrade, like it's kinda toxic. I don't really mind the spoilers, but it makes me feel like the game is gimped now lol

Don't think of it as downgrading, think of it as optimization.

RPGCrazied

Looks good to me. Wish the other 2 were on the system so I wouldn't be lost in the 3rd one, really want to play it. My PC really can't run the 2nd game, and I don't have a 360.

I just realised another little thing I dislike and it's about saving the game again.

You can't just save the game with one click. You press pause - select save - select save file you like and then press X to save it. The game saves files instantly, but menus lurking is meh.

That's what I really like about Dragon's Dogma - you press pause and press select - game auto-overrides your previous save file. That's 2 clicks vs 4. It really bothers me having to click all these menus every so often =\

Dragoshi1

And BAM, preordered on PSN, I got the one that came with the expansion pass!

Hyped, I wish the theme you get was animated, though.

M.W.

Gonna be a long weekend. Sigh. Quick question about gameplay...does health regenerate after a battle? Or do you have to consume bread/beer? Or meditate? Or does it depend on difficulty? I'm a noob, sorry.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Even on the lowest settings, the game still holds up really well.

Is that supposed to mean that the PC footage in that comparison is with low settings? I very much doubt that. It don't know if it's ultra (although what would be the point of a comparison if they weren't gonna show what the PC version can really look like?), but I'm positive the game can go lower than that. Haven't they said PS4 is basically high settings without Hairworks? Might be thinking of a different game.

Tovarisc

Gonna be a long weekend. Sigh. Quick question about gameplay...does health regenerate after a battle? Or do you have to consume bread/beer? Or meditate? Or does it depend on difficulty? I'm a noob, sorry.

On easy and medium HP regens very slowly and very little at the time, but meditation instantly gives you all HP back. Potions and food can be used to regen HP too, e.g. during combat.

On hard and dark HP doesn't regen anymore automatically and meditation doesn't give you HP back either. You are forced to use food and potions and such to recover any lost HP.

Top Bottom