• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

DrKelpo

Banned
Streetdate broken in Germany <3
I had low hopes but thought I'd give it a try. Just as I entered the store the guy was unboxing loads of Witchers^^

bombshell

Saturn in Leipzig.

airplane1.jpg

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I was also hoping for a street day breakage where I live, but unfortunately it seems the floodgates are still shut tight here :( Got Bloodborne one week earlier!

Linconan

Dag nabbit. I should have ordered online rather than store pickup.
I find ordering from EB Online a more pleasant experience with EB around.
I absolutely hated EB with a passion ever since HALO2 launch...
And yet EB online redeemed themselves, not just in Ordering products but with their Customer Service if i had any problems.

Wow, that actually sounded like a paid advert,lol

*voice over*
This comment is not sponsored or endorsed by EB at any time blah blah...

aravuus

I'd die if I saw someone selling the PS4 version already, knowing that technically I could buy it right now and play the whole weekend, but I really, really want to experience the whole game on PC

i wouldn't play the ps4 version early anyway, there's supposed to be an important day one patch.
I think it's already out as people in this thread already have it. Made the game smoother.

As to broken street dates I've given up on the US. Mom and Pop shops don't exist anymore and big chains like walmart and best buy have systems so even if they have the game out in shelves early you can't buy it

Alej

Banned
FNAC is streetbreaking it here in Nancy, France, right now.

(So every FNAC in France maybe, and tales from my ass: Micromania should too at 3PM)

Tovarisc

1.01 is currently live and we aren't sure if that is the 'Day One' cure-all or not.

Impressions from posters and twitter is that the framerate does seem smoother after the patch.

No official word on this as far as I know.

Official Witcher twitter retweeted tweet about "insider" gettings hands on with day 1 patch and how it improved performance. Patch in question was this 500MB download that has been reported here.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Streetdate broken in Germany <3
I had low hopes but thought I'd give it a try. Just as I entered the store the guy was unboxing loads of Witchers^^
Oh crap, I walked past Saturn today and thought about checking just in case since they DO often break street dates. Should have dropped in. :\

DrKelpo

Banned
Anyone seeing a store streetbreaking in Hamburg, PM ME IMMEDIATELY

try saturn... i talked to the clerk about the official releasedate and he told me they received the whole shipment today, so they started selling them. maybe its the same for most/all their stores in germany.

Oldsql

try saturn... i talked to the clerk about the official releasedate and he told me they received the whole shipment today, so they started selling them. maybe its the same for most/all their stores in germany.

I will check out a Saturn in Berlin in an hour and will have a look if all stores are selling them.

Solidino

i see a video gameplay, PC max settings
wow no volumetric fog in a game of 2015....

Silent hill's fog was volumetric on a PS2 system in 2002.

Anyway the game is amazing all the same, no doubt about it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just bought both XB1 and PS4 copies of the game, hopefully I'll have some SHQ videos of the PS4 version later tonight.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
this better ? :p
zc2fPk7.jpg
wdThwnR.jpg
nv4CiNb.jpg
pqLzAe7.jpg

it's a shame because it looks 10 times better in motion

Fucking beautiful.

I know certain aspects of the engine were downgraded, but so many more were upgraded, I honestly prefer what CDPR ended up making. Though I do miss some features, like the fluid simulation, and seemingly draw distance/LoD, the game overall looks amazing.

Top Bottom