• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 | Review Thread

The1Ski

Guys, just watch this:
TWMxOER.jpg

k8hb4Gb.jpg

Je1ehVu.jpg

More pictures

They are 5K by the way.

Here's my plan:

1. Rent game for PS4
2. If I like the game, sell PS4 and buy a gtx 960 or 970
3. Win

raphier

Banned
You can tell the game is big when some people have had it for a week now and not a single one of them has spoiled the ending yet.

dr_rus

Man this game desperately needs some character model tessellation and skin shaders, because honestly, most of those shots look last gen. Draw distance and resolution are obviously great though.

Still not going to take my enjoyment out of the game, I think I'll do like 24 hour marathon of it the first day lol.

Are we at the point where some people start to forget how last gen games looked like already?

Are we at the point where some people start to forget how last gen games looked like already?

Yeah, I find it odd how some folks are complaining. These screens look amazing to me. CDPR did a wonderful job in my opinion.

Edit: At least judging by what we've seen so far I think they did. I mean the world is massive.

eastx

Does anybody know if reviewers are allowed to stream this? I got no word of embargo and I see people are streaming it. But I read an article that said Twitch wouldn't allow it until release day.

Does anybody know if reviewers are allowed to stream this? I got no word of embargo and I see people are streaming it. But I read an article that said Twitch wouldn't allow it until release day.

If it's a promo copy you will have to wait until the 18th before you can show it off as far as I know. If it was sent early to you by a retailer or some had it earlier I don't know what protocol is.

Tovarisc

That's encouraging but not conclusive. Nearly all of the people streaming it seem to be non-English:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

There is a lot French and Stream language streams sure, but some of them are e.g. from Germany and steam in English. I mean if you can't trust a word of community manager when it comes to their own game and its streaming then what you are gonna do?

Also I haven't seen anyone getting banned for streaming TW3 for few days now.

eastx

There is a lot French and Stream language streams sure, but some of them are e.g. from Germany and steam in English. I mean if you can't trust a word of community manager when it comes to their own game and its streaming then what you are gonna do?

We can trust him but he's talking about people who bought retail copies, not reviewers. Well, hopefully you're right. I might stream a little tonight.

erawsd

Yeah, they also said the same on their forums.

CDPR said:
When the leak first happened we worked hard on YouTube, Twitch and more to keep spoilers away from the public eye. However, with the press embargo lifting on Tuesday this week (meaning lots of non-embargo breaking videos being uploaded & shared) as well as, unfortunately, many stores breaking the street date, we chose to allow streaming & videos.

Tovarisc

We can trust him but he's talking about people who bought retail copies, not reviewers. Well, hopefully you're right. I might stream a little tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/dannyodwyer is basically GameSpot stream even when he is doing it for charity and on his own free time.

http://www.twitch.tv/swiftor said he got review copy is basically marathon streaming for 2nd day.

That makes me think that streaming review copies is kosher.

PFD

Gamekult gave The Witcher 3 a 9.0 (their highest score yet), and going by their metacritic profile, they're very tough on scoring (95% of their reviews are lower than the average critic).

For comparison, they gave Skyrim an 8.0, DA:I a 7.0, and New Vegas a 7.0.

What difficulty is recommended to start the game with? Hard?

I'm gonna play hard, usually I always go medium, but one review mentioned you can get over levelled if you do a lot of sidequests, which I plan on doing and I dont wanna be overlevelled.

It's a good thing we can change on the fly, because I'll most likely switch between the 2.

Courage

What difficulty is recommended to start the game with? Hard?

I've been playing on Hard and it's giving me a fair challenge. You can't meditate to replenish health but health potions are refilled after every meditation if you have alcohol in your inventory.

Jedi2016

Ohhh come on bro, what about this image that looks next-gen to you?
That pendant totally isn't even connected to the necklace.. what kind of hack job are those guys at CDPR doing? Preorder canc.... Preorder.... Eh, fuck it. I mean, she has nice tits, right?

frontovik

Banned
Is the CE guide worth buying? I haven't bought a guide since FFXII on PS2 but I'm tempted to pick one up for this game xD

If you like a nice cover and extra goodies, then sure.. but if you want to get through the game with just the essentials, the regular edition is just as good.

Top Bottom