• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 supports new fancy Nvidia tech.

ShowDog

Runs fine for me every time I enable it. Also, after seeing that wolf, it doesn't look like bullshit tech to me.

Are you saying Physx runs fine on your AMD card, or are you just ignorant of the fact that it runs just fine on Nvidia hardware but destroys performance on anything else?

And the results are impressive no doubt, especially when it is optimized correctly. It is bullshit in that it is very poorly implemented. Do not forget Nvidia owns Physx and it runs like shit on AMD cards by design to encourage further Nvidia sales.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hmm, I wonder how much a single card that can run this with all the PhysX bells and whistles at a semi-solid 60 FPS will set you back.

...And whether my motherboard could actually handle such a card.

Sentenza

Hmm, I wonder how much a single card that can run this with all the PhysX bells and whistles at a semi-solid 60 FPS will set you back.

...And whether my motherboard could actually handle such a card.
I know my PC can't even look at this game without weeping at this moment, but that's completely fine because I was already planning to buy a new system and now I know around what game I'm going to build it.

Momentary

Banned
Are you saying Physx runs fine on your AMD card, or are you just ignorant of the fact that it runs just fine on Nvidia hardware but destroys performance on anything else?

And the results are impressive doubt, especially when it is optimized correctly. It is bullshit in that it is very poorly implemented. Do not forget Nvidia owns Physx and it runs like shit on AMD cards by design to encourage further Nvidia sales.

Calm down there big dawg. I read it like you meant it in general.

TheD

The Detective
Seeing as how both consoles are powered by AMD I can't fathom why CD Projekt Red would decide to go with Physx. They are either going to have to rebuild these effects for the consoles, completely remove them, or fix Physx. Obviously as someone with an AMD card I hope they fix Physx because I fucking hate this bullshit technology that runs like a complete turd and wouldn't be utilized by anyone if not for moneyhats.

Runs fine for me every time I enable it. Also, after seeing that wolf, it doesn't look like bullshit tech to me.

And the results are impressive no doubt, especially when it is optimized correctly. It is bullshit in that it is very poorly implemented. Do not forget Nvidia owns Physx and it runs like shit on AMD cards by design to encourage further Nvidia sales.

Physx hardware accleration only works on Nvidia GPUs, it is not broken per say on AMD GPUs, it just uses the CPU instead (because AMD cards do not support CUDA)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That is why you need two GPUs - one dedicated to PhysX.

Visit your official Nvidia sales partner today.

Haha. It is true though. I have to get a new motherboard as the one I have only has one 16x PCIe slot...yay.

Also two cards as I only have a aging 6870, really can't wait for the new revisions from both companies to release.

Itachi87

damn impressive fur. really hating the fact that it's a PhysX feature. AMD needs to improve TressFX to work w/ fur.

Top Bottom