• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has sold near to 10 million copies worldwide

DMTripper

It's a very, very good game.

Just a shame the movement and combat to a degree let's it down.

Still a lot of fun and the content is pretty extreme.

smoothj

This is in the top 5 games I have ever played. I'm almost upset I paid 17 bucks for it used. Deserves more respect than that.

So much content and done right. Not repetitive and story so engaging. Just awesome.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice....extremely nice. Congratulations to CDPR who are arguably the best damn developer in the industry. Even the free DLC was good quality. Base game is my all time best game at a staggering 9.8/10. Haven't played either expansion as im going through the base game a second time. Currently level 27 and near the end of Act II. Everything is just amazing in this game from visuals to the story and characters to the music, sound and voice acting. Everything is top notch. Even the combat which is the weak area of the game would be great if CDPR were to eliminate the "forced stance" when fighting. Despite that, my only complaint is that you have to use the Witcher senses in the majority of quests. Oh well, The Witcher 3 is still by far the best damn video game this generation and it's not even close.

Kaji AF16

GOAT.

It´s one of those very rare cases when extremely high quality and massive success go hand-in-hand. Like Metallica (!?).

Absolutely deserved, they set a new standard. Looking forward to Cyberpunk,

Dennis

Banned
Last I remember, it was at ~60M shipped.

monkeyz6str.gif

bitbydeath

I cannot imagine that CDP can fiscally justify not releasing another entry soon? Seems almost inconceivable--and pretty admirable--that they are just going to lay off the franchise for a while.

Now is also the best time to experiment with all that extra cash. No need to try burn out the series by immediatley making more of them.

dEvAnGeL

And deserves that and many more, this has officially become my most played game ever, almost 300 hours, which is crazy! Previos to that was kingdoms of amalur, witcher 3 is a fantastic game and the mods on PC make it so much better, it runs great now on ps4 but if you have a PC that can run the game than it's a no brainer

I have barely made it past the first quest but I was impressed with what I saw. One day I'll get back to playing it, just have so much other stuff to so.

But yea I can understand why it's so successful.

I've been chipping away at The Witcher 3 since release. I come back to it in a big way every month or so, and even at 70+ hours in, there isn't a W3 session that doesn't make me think how amazing everything about this game is at least a dozen times. The heart and desire to be great has been apparent with CDPR since Witcher 1, but engine issues and the fact that it was the studio's first game held them back. Witcher 2 was a huge leap in production value, but I don't know that I'll ever be able to process the fact that CDPR followed up W2 with W3. It is the most staggering, unexpected leap I have ever seen a game studio take. Absolutely unbelievable what this studio accomplished. They are second to no other developer in this industry, and stand alongside Nintendo, Blizzard, and Rockstar as the best creators this industry offers. Here's to another 10 million in sales.

The thought of what Cyberpunk could be makes me so happy. I know it'll blow my mind in the way that W3 has.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't know what it means when I'm still finding new mini quests and events after 250 hours play, but that's The Witcher 3.

I own as many copies/versions as Ive put hours into the game: 7 lol. Gotta properly get back to it and play more than the prologue. Good for them.

Diancecht

Game is fucking huge and filled with passion and love.

You start the game at White Orchard and you say well it's big.

You go to Velen and holy shit this is huge.

You go to Novigrad and say well fuck me this city is big.

You go to Skellige and HOLY SHIT THERE IS MORE?

Kaer Morhen, wow cool side quests.

You go to TOUSSIANT AND WOW IT'S FUCKING BIG

Game deserves every praise it gets and for me it's the second best game I have ever played in my life.

bremon

Easily one of the best games I've ever played. All it's success is well-deserved. I initially doubted the hype but no lies were told, the game delivers in spades. The expansions are excellent, in addition to being an amazing value. Hell, Gwent alone justifies the price the game is going for these days especially.

breakfuss

Underserved in my humble opinion. Gorgeous graphics aside the game was very underwhelming in pretty much every other aspect. The combat was tedious, the quests followed a pretty predictable pattern and the conversations just went on and on and on. Mocap was janky and the cutscene presentation didn't even come close to naughty dogs last gen efforts.

I wish Dark souls 3 was the game selling 10 million. At least that game is fun to play.

Oh, hush.

Underserved in my humble opinion. Gorgeous graphics aside the game was very underwhelming in pretty much every other aspect. The combat was tedious, the quests followed a pretty predictable pattern and the conversations just went on and on and on. Mocap was janky and the cutscene presentation didn't even come close to naughty dogs last gen efforts.

I wish Dark souls 3 was the game selling 10 million. At least that game is fun to play.

Please get back to me when Naughty Dog make a 150 hour game with those production values.

Chiggs

I'm going to give this another go. I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. Gave up half way through. Congrats to the devs!

Easily deserves double that. No idea what the other millions of gamers who haven't played it are thinking. Stop pirating it you bastards.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Ive had this game on my xbone hdd for 5 months and I must've tried playing it 100 times but kept putting it off because it was so daunting....until this past week. It's now shaping up to be one of my favorite games of all time. I'm 35hrs deep and only level 11. The amount of QUALITY content in this game is staggering.

Same thing for me. Game felt hard to get into but once your in you are in.

anddo0

Well deserved.. More than a year later and this game is still kicking; Blood and Wine delivers on levels few games have.

Vasili2K38

Like most of the people say, well deserved! One of the best crafted virtual worlds out there, amazing with detail and atmosphere. I've spent 150 hours in the main game, and I'm ready to tackle the expansions and replay it all again. Its my personal "mmo" :D.

Bioshocker

I'm very LTTP on this one, but I finally bought it and even though I'm still at the beginning I can see why people love this. Despite my low interest in magic & monster games (which is why I didn't buy it sooner, I guess), The Witcher 3 has been able to catch my attention. I'm actually impressed with this amazing world and how interesting even the side quests are. There's something very human about them, despite being about monsters and ghosts.

So yeah, well deserved.

Top Bottom