• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher: Battle Arena announced (MOBA, CD Projekt/Fuero, iOS/AND/WP)

Simzyy

Soon everything will be a MOBA! (for mobiles)

https://twitter.com/WitcherArena

Edit: Here is the website http://thewitcher.com/twba

heros-all.png

video-preview-2.jpg

Avallon

Heroes

heros-eithne.jpg

Eithne of Brokilon

The queen of the dryads is an excellent archer who can more than hold her own in combat. Her skills work in harmony to make her an unstoppable force of nature; she can slow approaching enemies with her Path of Thorns ability, carefully aim a Piercing Arrow to penetrate their armor, then finish them off with a quick toss of her Thorned Dagger. Any left alive who try to retreat will find it difficult to get beyond her reach; Eithne’s passive ability, Dryad’s Gaze, increases her range with each subsequent shot.

heros-philippa.jpg

Philippa Eilhart

Though blinded by order of Radovid, the king of Redania, this powerful sorceress is no less lethal on the battlefield as a result. She makes up for any lack of eagle-eyed precision with her total mastery of area-of-effect attacks. Her Heart of the Storm spell summons a thunderstorm that strikes all enemies within its range, tossing them into the air. Chain Lightning sends out a cone of electricity that slowly fries any enemies in its path. Then there is her special skill called Dome of Storms, a powerful polymorph spell that transforms Philippa into an owl and surrounds her with a crackling field of lightning bolts ready to smite any wandering too near. Her passive ability means even her normal attacks can hit more than one target--whenever she casts a spell, her next auto attack creates a small explosion that wounds nearby enemies.

heros-golem.jpg

The Golem

Not much is known about this extraordinary creature. Is it a sentient being fighting for a greater cause, or the pawn of someone controlling it from the shadows? One thing is certain: by combining primitive magic and brute force, the Golem can annihilate almost any opposing force and is an unmatched ally on the battlefield. The golem can Summon Gargoyles, placing stone monsters in the arena that harass enemies and explode when they come near. It can also toss opponents into the air by causing a Stone Spire to thrust out of the ground underneath their feet. Upon dying, the Golem can cast Contravention, a powerful spell causing it to explode into a myriad of deadly fragments that later rejoin to give the creature another life. The Golem’s passive ability allows it to increase its magic resistance and armor every 10 seconds, losing half of the boost each time it dies.

heros-iorveth.jpg

Iorveth

This infamous leader of the nonhuman terrorists known as the Scoia’tael is unmatched when comes to both melee and ranged combat. In the Arena he tends to use his bow and arrows, but when in need he can also use Vendetta--a special skill that makes him teleport to a chosen location, stunning and dealing damage to the closest enemy. In normal combat Iorveth is frequently Driven by Hatred--using this skill he can shoot a volley of three arrows, each more powerful than the last. Scoia’tael Mark is a potent area of effect skill which marks all the enemies in the chosen area, then unleashes a hail of arrows on them from above a few seconds later. Iorveth doesn’t draw on mana like other heroes--instead he uses Focus, and thanks to his passive skill, his attack damage grows when his Focus level is high.

heros-letho.jpg

Letho of Gulet

Also known as the Assassin of Kings, Letho is a witcher from the School of the Viper. He specializes in taking out mages quickly and efficiently. His signature skill, Silent Strike, allows him to vanish for a few seconds and then reappear as he delivers his opponent a crushing blow. As a witcher, Letho can make use of Signs to control the battlefield: Quen renders him temporarily invulnerable to enemy attacks, while Aard can push back any attackers who come too close for his comfort. His passive skill, called Killer Instinct, increases his movement speed as his health dwindles.

heros-operator.jpg

The Operator

Not much is known about this dangerous mage, except for the fact that he can bend the borders between different dimensions with ease. He can cause a Time Breach that drops magical charges on everyone in an area, inflicting damage and slowing them down. With Collapsing Planes he can then detonate these charges, dealing further damage and slowing his enemies down even more. The Operator’s special skill, When Worlds Collide, creates a vortex of energy which sucks in those who wander close enough to the event horizon, healing allies at the same time. The Operator can also use Conversion, a passive skill that turns the magic energy generated by cast spells into a shield protecting him from damage.

heros-saskia.jpg

Saskia of Aedirn

A dragon named Saesenthessis in her true form, Saskia prefers to fight in as a human when in the arena, unleashing her primal might only in special circumstances. Saskia is adept at holding enemy onslaughts by stunning them with Shield Strike and then entering a defensive stance that makes countering their attacks simple. Her By Fire and Sword ability spews out a wave of fire, dealing massive damage and blinding all in its wake. Turning the heat up even more is her passive skill, which makes all such blinded foes suffer additional burning damage over time. The she-dragon’s special skill is, of course, her Dragon’s Soul; using it, she can call down a burning star from the heavens, dealing massive damage to those in its area of effect.

heros-zoltan.jpg

Zoltan Chivay

Dwarven adventure seeker and dear friend of Geralt of Rivia Zoltan Chivay decided to join the arena for glory... and to impress a certain dwarven female. Though small in stature, he wields a massive two-handed sword and is a master of both one-on-one combat and crowd control. He charges distant opponents using Bull Rush, stunning them with the force of his onslaught and leaving them 25% more vulnerable to his next attack. Which usually is a spinning strike that turns him into whirlwind of dwarf and steel slashing his foe to bits; he affectionately calls this the Whirling Dwarvish. The dwarf’s special skill, simply called Worth It, allows him to jump towards his enemy and then throw him or her back to where Zoltan was standing before he made the jump. Might not sound like much, but trust the dwarf--Worth It is, well, true to its name.

oti

Banned
I want a Rayman MOBA.

No, wait.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is actually a MOBA.

I don't know anything about MOBAs

Denton

Wow, never thought I would pass on anything with "Witcher" in it.

But at least CDP is not wasting too much time with this in house.

Zomba13

Why are you all *against* MOBAs?

I'm *against* them because they all end up being the same thing. Top down things that are just like LoL and Dota2 and the original Dota map. If they mix it up a bit then it's all cool. Like Awesomenauts does it in a side-scrolling platformy actiony way and that's cool.

Plus I can't see a moba controlling well on a phone.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Always wanted to play a MOBA that needs me to cover half the screen with my fingers.

Oh fucking damnit! I'm going to have to play a fucking MOBA, aren't I? I really dislike MOBAs, but the chance to control Philippa Eilhart is just too good to pass up.

Well regardless of people's opinions on the game itself, one important thing comes form this. Now we know the dude in the mask in the trailer is The Operator.

KePoW

Banned
I'm *against* them because they all end up being the same thing. Top down things that are just like LoL and Dota2 and the original Dota map. If they mix it up a bit then it's all cool. Like Awesomenauts does it in a side-scrolling platformy actiony way and that's cool.

Plus I can't see a moba controlling well on a phone.

That's funny because I hate side-scrollers and didn't like Awesomenauts.

I think HotS is very different from LoL/Dota so I like HotS a lot.

I'll give you the phone thing though, I don't see how that will work.

Labadal

Are there any other mobas on mobiles? Could be a genious move, although I have no intention of playing this.

Accoun

As long as it won't affect negatively Witcher 3/Cyberpunk.

Reminder that Witcher used to have a casual browser based game before. MOBA, even mobile still seems like a lesser evil to me.

oti

Banned
What if this MOBA stuff is just a disguise for a daring simulation that is hidden behind a secret sequence of swipes and taps?

Or: Long Live The Witcher.
There's a free one for you CD Projekt RED.

Top Bottom